Dixie's - Heart and Soul: No more flips of the calendar

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Monday, October 01, 2007

No more flips of the calendar

Today is Monday, October 1, 2007.

13 more sleeps and I will get to have a phone conversation with my son
16 more sleeps till we leave for Parris Island
17 more sleeps till Family Day
18 more sleeps till Matt will be a United States Marine

Will I get another letter from my son? I don't know ... but only 17 more sleeps till I see my young man. Are y'all sick of me talking about this yet?

I've been having these dreams ... I don't remember very much of these dreams but what I do remember is seeing my son for the first time, he is in uniform ... there is much waving, crying, and hugging. As I put his face in my hands and I am telling him how very proud of him I am I wake up ... I have also found that when I wake up that I have been crying... my pillow is wet.

So what could these dreams mean. This has been happening since about Tuesday or Wednesday of last week. Could this be God's way of assuring me that he is ok? I've always wondered what a persons dreams meant...


I would like to share a poem with you ...


A Parent's Pride

by: kplourde

It’s not every day parents can say their son has joined the Corps
The pride that’s found inside their hearts swells within them more and more
Your choice to serve and to protect along side the proud and few
Depicts the character and zeal in all you say and do

A few good men can proudly say they are part of such a group
Of leathernecks, those devil dogs, and jarheads to name a few
It’s not terms like these that make up the man that you and I do see
It’s the proud, the few and the brave who are United States Marines!

Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 8:57 AM


Comments on "No more flips of the calendar"

 

Blogger Sandee said ... (10/01/2007 10:19 AM) : 

No, we aren't sick of you talking about this. We are proud just like you are. Have a great day. :)

 

Blogger Special K ~Toni said ... (10/01/2007 12:31 PM) : 

Nope- not sick of it- yet! ;)

I have something for you at my blog!

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (10/01/2007 1:28 PM) : 

Definitely not sick of it. I like to think that our dreams contain messages for us, and I hope your's is a premonition of the happy reunion to come! Hugs. :)

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10/01/2007 5:30 PM) : 

I can feel the excitement with you! When you have it down to "sleeps" I can tell how excited you are...keep up the Matt updates. We're right there with you cheering both you and him along!!

 

Blogger Sarge Charlie said ... (10/01/2007 6:02 PM) : 

How could we be sick of it mom, Let make you a bet, you will be crying when he marches in front of you as one of The Few, The Proud, The Marines, if I was there I would be crying. Let him know how proud we are of him.

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (10/01/2007 7:12 PM) : 

DIXIE give me a hug baby....and brag all you want

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (10/01/2007 7:44 PM) : 

Longing. Pride. Fear. Respect. Awe. Yearning. Curiosity. Wonder.

I think the dream means all of these things for you. But most of all, I think it means love.

Keep writing about your Recruit. And after you complete those 18 sleeps, please keep writing about your Marine.

 

Blogger Crazy Working Mom said ... (10/01/2007 9:37 PM) : 

I am NOT sick of hearing about this. I will never be. I am so proud of him and YOU. You've both done so well. :)

Keep up the good work, Mom.

 

Blogger Julie said ... (10/02/2007 6:48 PM) : 

Aww Dixie Darlin...you keep on bragging all you want. I can't think of anyone who is tired or bored with this proud mom behavior.

And if they are...click on! We don't want ya!

Smooches baby!

 

Blogger Desert Songbird said ... (10/02/2007 11:34 PM) : 

I could never get sick of hearing about your nearly Marine son and your journey to his graduation.

Semper Fi!

 

post a comment