Dixie's - Heart and Soul: A few of my thoughts

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Wednesday, September 26, 2007

A few of my thoughts

First of all I want to apologize for not making daily blog rounds. I feel so guilty not visiting like I use too. This is a temporary setback ... I'll be back to my old self soon.... I hope.

Someone told me the other day that I too have been in boot camp along with Matt. I know that I haven't had someone screaming at me every waking moment but I do believe that they called it "Marine Momma Boot Camp." Well let me tell you ... I DON'T LIKE IT!!!!!!
What am I referring to? Well I'm going to tell you.

As of today, it's been 2 1/2 weeks since I have received a letter from Matt. Yes, I KNOW that he is extremely busy. All I ask is that he drop a line or two ... something like this ...

Momma,

I'm still in the land of the living

Love you,

Matt

Is this to much to ask for?

I have found myself very depressed the last week or so. Actually, I do believe that it started the week of his rifle qualifications. I cry at anything ... a commercial on t.v., a song on the radio, just a simple thought.

Last night, around 9:00, I was driving to the store. There was the most beautiful full moon. I stopped at the end of the drive, stared at the moon and cried. I was thinking of Matt at that very moment... what was he doing, was he ok, was his feet dry, did he have enough to eat, had he already turned in for the night? If he was sleeping, was he comfortable? Was he thinking of us? Just basically was he ok?

I know he is ... and yes I guess I'm over reacting... and yes I know I'm going to hear from a lot of people ... this is a momma thing... he's ok... I know these things... but I still DON'T LIKE IT... and you can't make me like it either.

Yesterday, I received an e-mail from a wonderful lady, who is a Marine Mother of 2 ... I visited her site and found a very long list of "You know your a Marine Mom when".... here a few that I pulled out that has been a part of MY boot camp training.

Your last good night's sleep was 6 months before he left for bootcamp.

You have finally resigned yourself to the fact that Marine mail is delivered seasonally rather than daily.

You can't quite figure out what non-Marine mothers worry about

You will get in a high speed chase just to catch up with someone's Marine Corps bumper sticker.

You tear up every time you see someone in uniform.

When the post office personnel know you by your first name.

You have a bad day at work and your co-workers serenade you with the Marine Hymn and give you a red rose and the whole office is crying.

When watching the West Wing you care nothing about the plot, you are just peering closely to see the Marines in dress blues at the White House.

When you try to read aloud to others the "You know you are a Marine mom when..." list you can't because of the lump in your throat and the tears in your eyes.

You go out to your mail box with your reading glasses and a letter opener.

You sleep with your phone in your hand.

You stalk a man at the grocery store in a Marine cap so you can tell him about your Marine.

You find a way to work into every conversation that your son/daughter is a Marine. "Would you like to supersize that ma'am?" "No, but speaking of super, did you know that my son is a Marine?"
Please forgive me for my venting today. I just had to get this off my chest.
SMOOCHES~
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 8:46 AM


Comments on "A few of my thoughts"

 

Blogger Schmoop said ... (9/26/2007 9:38 AM) : 

Vent all you want Dixie, and try to keep the faith. Cheers!!

 

Blogger the Book of Keira said ... (9/26/2007 9:51 AM) : 

I'm glad you wrote about this... it's good to get things off your chest and we are all here to give you cyber hugs and a little fondling, whichever you choose :-)

 

Blogger Desert Songbird said ... (9/26/2007 10:56 AM) : 

Aw, Dixie, everything you're feeling is normal and totally understandable. You are justifiably sad and proud at the same time. What a great momma you are!

Semper Fi.

 

Blogger Special K ~Toni said ... (9/26/2007 12:17 PM) : 

Go over to my place- I am positive the first two posts on the screen will make you laugh! :)

SMOOCHES~ to you too!

 

Blogger Sandee said ... (9/26/2007 2:29 PM) : 

We know you are there with Matt too. It's okay. Just go with it. All is normal here. Have a great day. :)

 

Blogger Julie said ... (9/26/2007 4:26 PM) : 

Great list....I teared up just reading these things. But then I'm menopausal.

Lova ya dear.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9/26/2007 5:43 PM) : 

I'm no Mama, and my man is in the Navy, but I completely relate to this entire list! It's all stuff I never felt before loving Matt... crazy.

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (9/26/2007 6:51 PM) : 

C'mere ... HUG SMOOCH HUG

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9/26/2007 8:34 PM) : 

Oh, Dixie...trust me when I say that boot camp is extremely busy and I'm sure he thinks of you!

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (9/26/2007 9:19 PM) : 

I'm not gonna tell you he's busy, that he's fine, and that you'll get through this. Cause you know all that. He is, he is, and you will.

I'm gonna tell you this instead...I love ya.

{{{{{{Dix}}}}}}

Semper Fi Marine Mama.

 

Blogger Amazing Gracie said ... (9/27/2007 12:49 AM) : 

Go on, mom...get it all out and feel better. You're a terrific mama bear who is missin her cub. It's imprinted on our DNA or in our genes or something!
~~~Blessings~~~

 

Blogger Sarge Charlie said ... (9/27/2007 10:09 AM) : 

Ok mom. trust me, they are running his ass off, it will be over soon.

 

Blogger fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said ... (9/27/2007 11:13 AM) : 

I may be posting the multiple times but the blogger comment section is messing up:

I've never been on your side of the situation, but I've been on his and, like Sarge says, he's busy.

They make you feel like home doesn't exist anymore and that the Marine life has always been and is the best.

His thoughts return to you when he lays down at night, but by then he's too tired to write.

He'll come back soon.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9/27/2007 1:06 PM) : 

Hugs, hon.... big squishy hugs.... just drove into podunk, KY to deliver another letter to Matt...

Just a few more weeks to go and he will be a marine!

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (9/27/2007 6:28 PM) : 

Don't worry about the venting; that's what we're here for! Hugs to you and all your crew. :)

 

post a comment