Dixie's - Heart and Soul: Things Marines Never Say to a Drill Instructor

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Monday, September 24, 2007

Things Marines Never Say to a Drill Instructor

I really didn't have a post for today. I'm not really in any mood for one. I found this and thought that I would post it ... only 24 more days till I see my son ... I'm wondering if he ever said any of these things to his Drill Instructor?

Things Never to say to a Drill Instructor


* My recruiter wanted me to tell you to be especially nice to me.


* I want my mommy.


*Okay, you can stop yelling anytime you want.


* I can't wait to graduate and be a real soldier!


* I should've joined the Navy.


* You want me to do what?


* Dude.


* My Mom (or Recruiter) said you aren't allowed to swear at me.


* Where's my stress card? (I stand corrected, always associated with beinga "Army thing" but apparently actuallya "Navy thing" , had a very nasty guestbook entry because of this!)


* I'm a reservist and I'm just doing this for college money.


* I'm going to be an MP.


* Yes, Drill Sergeant! (definite NO NO!)
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 1:44 PM


Comments on "Things Marines Never Say to a Drill Instructor"

 

Blogger Sarge Charlie said ... (9/24/2007 9:57 AM) : 

I would be willing to bet that he did not say any of those things, 24 days, wow, time is flying and for Matt, he will never forget these few weeks. Matt is the man......

 

Blogger Schmoop said ... (9/24/2007 10:11 AM) : 

I think another phrase would be, "Seems like somebody woke up on the wrong side of the cot this morning." Cheers!!

 

Blogger Sandee said ... (9/24/2007 10:40 AM) : 

Wow, less than a month to go. Great list too. Have a great day. :)

 

Blogger katherine. said ... (9/24/2007 11:15 AM) : 

hey what's wrong with "Dude" ??

 

Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) said ... (9/24/2007 11:49 AM) : 

yeah, what's wrong with "dude"?

smiles, bee

 

Blogger Maggie Moo said ... (9/24/2007 12:45 PM) : 

Dude-24 more days?!?! That time will fly by!

Ok, maybe not, but we're almost there!!!!

 

Blogger Desert Songbird said ... (9/24/2007 1:11 PM) : 

So close, Dixie, so close...

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (9/24/2007 3:24 PM) : 

Matt's gonna make it and so are you.

 

Blogger Special K ~Toni said ... (9/24/2007 6:03 PM) : 

Matt isn't stupid. is he? Didn't think so. He hasn't said any of these!

My Mom said you aren't allowed to swear at me.~ that cracks me up!

 

Blogger Mimi Lenox said ... (9/24/2007 6:48 PM) : 

Maybe you should send this list to Matt...just in case. No. He wouldn't say these things! Would he? (Just kidding.)

If I were in your shoes I'd be counting the minutes. Not long now!!

 

Blogger Semper Fi Mom said ... (9/24/2007 6:53 PM) : 

Hi Dixie! I remember those bootcamp days well. I have 2 Marine sons. Have you found all the bootcamp graduation websites? That first glimpse of your son as a Marine will be one of the best moments of your life. :)

 

Blogger Julie said ... (9/24/2007 9:00 PM) : 

I'll bet you can't say, "You're breath stinks" either!

You're doing just fine Dixie darlin!

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (9/24/2007 10:48 PM) : 

Excuse me, but I really hate crawling in the mud, can I sit this one out?"

Just thinking this might be a bad one also!

 

Blogger the Book of Keira said ... (9/25/2007 2:04 PM) : 

I'm beginning to notice another difference in soldiers and marines... In the army, you never really talk to or mention your recruiter again. It's like, they sign you up and then just disappear. Do you talk to his recruiters? I never did.. I don't think it's custom in the army but I'm not sure. Maybe I was just out of the loop...LMAO

 

post a comment