Dixie's - Heart and Soul: 28 days and couting

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Friday, September 21, 2007

28 days and couting

Can you believe it? In 28 days my son will be a United States Marine. Can you believe how time has flown by? When I let go of my little boy on July 23 I thought that it would be an eternity until I saw him again. I never realized how fast the time would fly.

I would like to ask each and everyone of you to pray especially hard starting October 11 - 13 as this is when Matt and his fellow recruits will go through the crucible.

What is the crucible, you may ask ... well ...

The Crucible emphasizes trainee teamwork under very high stress. Matt and his other fellow recruits will only get eight hours of sleep during the entire 54 hour exercise. They get two-and-a-half MREs and they are responsible for rationing out the food to themselves. Then they are put through tough physical activities like road marches and night infiltration courses. They march about 40 miles in those 54 hours. Once they have finished, they will have successfully earned the title of United States Marine.

Here is a prayer that I have found that I have already sent to Matt. I am hoping that he takes it with him when the embarks on this journey.

A mom's crucible prayer
When you awoke this morning to begin the crucible,
Did you know I walked every step with you that was possible?
When you humped all those miles over rough terrain,
Did you know I was by your side again?
When your rations were low and your belly was hungry,
Did you know that I wished it wasn't you but instead it was me?
When your feet ached and blistered from stress,
Did you know that I was carrying you deep in my chest?
When you were tired and sore and almost ready to fall,
Did you realize I would have carried it all?
When you had little sleep and your eyes were red,
Did you know I would have given you my bed?
When you had to push and pull for that extra mile,
Did you know that I was so proud and so tall with such a big smile?
When you went to boot camp, I went to one too,
It is the one where mom’s worry over all you go through.
I couldn't eat dessert, knowing that you had no treats,
I felt guilty for wanting a pedicure, when you had tired feet.
I anguished over every tough moment,
I thought you had,I cried when I missed you,
I cried when I was sad.I cried over your letters,
that declared your love for "MOM"
I cried over thinking about the day you would come home.
I cringed if I thought someone was yelling at you
Even though I knew it's what they do.
I lost sleep just wondering how you are.
I prayed and thought and even wished upon a star.
Now you’re almost through and soon you will be
one of THE FEW THE PROUD, a new Marine!
I get an honor too, for going through the boot camp for MOM'S
I get to hug and hold you in my arms.
I get to see how handsome you really areI get my bright shining star
No I don't get a medal or a pin to wear
I don't get to sport that awesome Marine hair
My reward is one that can't be seen
It's called "Being the Mom of a U.S. Marine" !

SMOOCHES~
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 9:40 AM


Comments on "28 days and couting"

 

Blogger Schmoop said ... (9/21/2007 10:14 AM) : 

Nice...Keep in good spirits and enjoy the weekend Dixie. Cheers!!

 

Blogger Sandee said ... (9/21/2007 10:25 AM) : 

Well, pretty soon you will call your son a man. He won't be your little boy anymore. He will look so different too. It's almost here. Have a great day and weekend my friend. :)

 

Blogger katherine. said ... (9/21/2007 10:56 AM) : 

that prayer has very powerful emotions...truly Mama emotions.

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (9/21/2007 11:52 AM) : 

When he marches back through the arch with his fellow US Marines around him, at the end of those grueling 54 hours, he'll forget how tired he is and how much his muscles ache. His shoulders will square and he'll stand tall.

He'll stand in formation and receive his Eagle Globe and Anchor from his company commander. He'll cry, because they all do, and there's no shame in it because this acheivement is immense, and because every Marine has that soft spot for home, family, and country.

And then your Marine will march with his fellow Marines into chow for the warrior's breakfast.

I got a chill just thinking about it.

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (9/21/2007 11:54 AM) : 

HUGE HUG SWEETIE

have you spoken with Debbie?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9/21/2007 11:56 AM) : 

I just sent you an email of my old Boss' grandson who graduated from Marine Boot camp on Sept 14th!

 

Blogger Coco said ... (9/21/2007 1:30 PM) : 

*hugs*

we're all very proud of Matt and his mom, and following your news every step of the way. i remember the day my pet, Justin, came home after graduating boot camp. i very nearly didn't recognize him. in a few short months, he had turned from a boy into a man. your Matt will be all grown up, too ... you did a fantastc job with him, Dixie. be proud.

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (9/21/2007 4:24 PM) : 

You've got a tough boy. I believe he'll make it through with flying colours! Hugs. :)

 

Blogger the Book of Keira said ... (9/21/2007 9:38 PM) : 

And I remember when you were counting down the days until he was to leave :-)

 

Blogger Julie said ... (9/22/2007 12:30 AM) : 

OH Travis you always give such an eye awakening account.

Dixie.....taking this journey with you has touched me. Thanks for sharing from your heart so much.

 

Blogger Sarge Charlie said ... (9/22/2007 9:56 AM) : 

You know Dixie, I got to tell you something, you sent your little boy off to boot camp, there is a man coming home.

 

Blogger Special K ~Toni said ... (9/22/2007 2:00 PM) : 

How awesome! The home stretch! I know you are just bursting with pride!

 

Blogger Crazy Working Mom said ... (9/23/2007 9:51 PM) : 

I'm so excited for him...and you, Mom! :)

We're all so proud of him.

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (9/23/2007 10:09 PM) : 

HUGE {{{{{{{HHHHHHHUUUUUUGGGSSSSS}}}}}}}

 

post a comment