Dixie's - Heart and Soul: One more day ...

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Thursday, September 06, 2007

One more day ...

I am so thankful that it's Thursday. One more day and it's the weekend!!!!!

I don't have much time for posting this morning... just wanted to let y'all know that I'm alive and fairly well. I've got some physical things going on with me that I am going to have to find out about. I so physically tired... I'm tired to the bone ... so I'm going to make a doctor's appointment today and try to get in soon.

It's been two weeks since I have received any letters from Matt. I know he's busy. They went on a small 6 mile march Saturday and are stationed in another squadbay for this week and next. He is learning the correct firing positions this week and will go to the firing range next week. Yes, we are at the half way point... only 6 more Thursday's till Family Day and 6 more Friday's until he becomes a United States Marine...

Received this in an e-mail yesterday... here I am leaving you with a little funny today.

An airplane was about to crash. There were 5 passengers on board, but only 4 parachutes.
The 1st passenger said,

"I am Kobe Bryant, the best NBA basketball player. The Lakers need me, and I can't afford to die." So he took the 1st pack and left the plane.

The 2nd passenger, Hillary Clinton said,

"I am the wife of a former U.S. President, a NY State Senator and a potential future president. And, I am the smartest woman in American history, so America's people don't want me to die." She took the 2nd pack and jumped out of the plane.

The 3rd passenger, Ted Kennedy, said

"I am a U.S. Senator, the Democratic Party needs me and my liver still has some good years left. So he grabbed the pack next to him and jumped.

The 4th passenger, Billy Graham, said to the 5th passenger, a 10 year old schoolgirl,

"I am old and frail and don't have many years left, and as a Christian I will sacrifice my life and let you have the last parachute."

The girl said, "That's okay. There's a parachute left for you. America's smartest woman took my school bag."

and one for the road...

Just bought a new Lexus, you know the one that parks itself, but I had to go back to the dealer the next day because I couldn't get the radio to work. The salesman explained that the radio was voice activated.

"Nelson," the salesman said to the radio.

The Radio replied, "Ricky or Willie?"

"Willie!" he continued and "On the Road Again" came from the speakers.

Then he said, "Ray Charles," and in an instant "Georgia on My Mind" replaced Willie Nelson.

I drove away happy, and for the next few days, every time I'd say, "Soggy Bottom Boys," I'd get beautiful bluegrass music. If I said "Beatles," I'd get one of their awesome songs.

Yesterday, a couple ran a red light and nearly creamed my new car, but I swerved in time to avoid them as I shouted "Ass Holes!"

Immediately the French National Anthem began to play, sung by Jane Fonda and Barbara Streisand, backed up by Michael Moore and The Dixie Chicks, with John Kerry on guitar, Al Gore on drums, Dan Rather on harmonica, Nancy Pelosi on tambourine, Harry Reid on spoons, Bill Clinton on sax and Ted Kennedy on Scotch.

Golly, I LOVE this car.

SMOOCHES~
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 8:03 AM


Comments on "One more day ..."

 

Blogger Maggie Moo said ... (9/06/2007 9:13 AM) : 

Feel better Dixie baby!!!

And also, no news is good news, right? He's just gettin' learned.

 

Blogger Schmoop said ... (9/06/2007 10:10 AM) : 

Best wishes to all of you Dixie....One thing, whats wrong with sittin' around drinkin' Scotch!!

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (9/06/2007 10:29 AM) : 

Yes Mags.. no news is good news... that's what I'm living on right now...

Matt ... There is nothing wrong with drinking Scotch... if that's what you like... ewwwwwwwww...

 

Blogger Sandee said ... (9/06/2007 10:37 AM) : 

Yes, feel better Dixie. You need to take care of yourself. Hopefully all you need is a long vacation.

Loved both jokes. The first one really sounded good and sadly the second one is pretty close to reality. Have a great day. :)

 

Blogger Linda said ... (9/06/2007 11:45 AM) : 

Gee, I can't even imagine why you're bone tired! Worn out sounds about right! Hang in there and hope you feel better soon.

Love the funnies!

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (9/06/2007 12:54 PM) : 

{{{{hugs}}}}}

and well grope grope grope

SMOOCH

 

Blogger Special K ~Toni said ... (9/06/2007 1:02 PM) : 

LOVED the jokes! Hope you are feeling better soon!

Since when did 6 miles become a "small march"??? Not in my book!

 

Blogger Mo and The Purries said ... (9/06/2007 1:15 PM) : 

Thinking of you and sending LOVE.

The "smartest woman in America grabbed my school bag" made me snort!
Thanks for the laugh.

 

Blogger Tug said ... (9/06/2007 6:54 PM) : 

FEEL BETTER DIX!! Stress can really wear on your body, too...take care of YOU!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9/07/2007 6:39 AM) : 

Bwahahahahahahahaha!

Hope you feel better soon...How's Kaitlin's cheerleading going?

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (9/07/2007 1:10 PM) : 

Felt the way you do last weekend when allergies were really bad and I was sure it was a virus... here's hoping that's the only thing going on with you sis.

SMOOCH

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9/08/2007 5:20 PM) : 

ROTFLMOO! Good to see some good ol' Republican humor once in a while!

 

Blogger Julie said ... (9/09/2007 8:54 PM) : 

Woooo!!!!

**points at the Hillary joke**

I sent that one to you!!!

 

post a comment