Dixie's - Heart and Soul: I GOT A LETTER, I GOT A LETTER

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Friday, September 28, 2007

I GOT A LETTER, I GOT A LETTER

Oh yes I did... YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE....

Do y'all remember when I posted the mutliple choice letter that I sent to Matt. Well, I've got not only that one but another one I sent. Here they are!!!! His answers are in red.

He also wrote me a little note on the back.

Hey Momma,

Things here are going ok. We start BWT's A-line next week so you probably won't get any letters. Oh yeash, the Drill Instructiors can see what you write on the sites and they do know Dixiechick. HA ... It don't bother me that bad though because you are not the only mom.

I've lost about 30 - 35 lbs. I weigh 170 or so now and I'm gonna loose more weight. So we will just have to wait and stop somewhere on the way home to get civilian cloths. But I gotta go for now. I'll write again whenever I can.

Matt

FIRST ONE...

1. What size jeans will you need? NO CLUE

2. What size shirt? ­ NO CLUE

3. When you made arrangements for getting home, you did tell them that you would be riding back with the family? Yes X No

4. Do you want me to send you a calling card for Recruit Liberty Sunday?
Yes X No I’ll buy one on base

5. Did you pass your swim quals? Yes X No

6. Who is your rack mate? Sims Where is he from? Alabama

7. Do you want your tennis shoes too? No

8. Have you passed all of your written test? Yes X No

9. What was your rifle range score? 199 out of 250

10. What food do you crave the most? Cheese Dip & Bud Light

11. What’s the first thing you want to do when you get home? Sleep till daylight and drink sweet tea, oh yea and a beer and a dip

12. What was the highlight of your day today? Getting quarterdecked multiple times

13. After graduation, do you want to come straight home or can we go to the beach for a few days? Don’t matter as long as I’m off Parris Island

14. Your SDI’s favorite term of endearment for you is BITCH

15. How many times now have you been quarter-decked?

A. ZERO – phew!
B. I’ve lost count
C. I volunteer to be quarter-decked on a regular basis, so probably about a hundred by now.
D. OTHER 1,000,000

16. Which of the following is part of a General Order?

A. To walk my post in a military manner
B. To enforce all violations
C. To quit my post when I am good and ready
D. To engage in chit-chat with anyone walking by.

17. Describe the Sand Pit.

A. A lovely beach area where we can sunbath, build sand castles and enjoy little umbrella drinks.
B. Another word for HELL.
C. Other (explain please)

18. Now that you are at the end of Phase II, if you could pick one word to describe your boot camp experience so far, what would it be? HELL

SECOND LETTER

1. During swim qualification you had to:

A. Properly execute a belly flop.
B. Demonstrate proficiency at synchronized swimming while keeping your rifle above water at all times.
C. Train in full combat gear, which includes a rifle, helmet, flak jacket and pack. - MINUS RIFLE
D. Engage in a game of Marco Polo.
E. Other (please explain)_____________________________________________.

2. During Pugil Stick exercises you:

A. Successfully kicked your opponents butt.
B. Your opponent successfully kicked your butt.
C. Your instructor kicked all of your butts.
D. Other (please explain) Pretty much a tie.

3. Recruits must qualify shooting in varied positions. Circle the correct positions.

A. Sitting
B. Kneeling
C. Armchair
D. Prone
E. Standing

4. Zeroing-In is:

A. The ability to hit the target dead center at 500 yards without using the scope.
B. The ability to group all shots within a 9 minute angle.
C. A board game.

5. Your rifle is your:

A. Weapon
B. Friend
C. One more thing I have to lug with me while marching, eating, marching, sleeping, marching, drilling, marching……….

6. At the end of Firing Week, awards are given for:

A. The most creative designs shot on the target.
B. Hitting the target.
C. Not hitting the SDI.

7. For the endurance course you had to:

A. Prepare by getting 12 hours of sleep the night before.
B. Stare nose to nose with your SDI for 5 minutes without blinking AND breaking a sweat.
C. Suck it up and push through it ….. OOHRAH!
D. Other (please explain)___________________________________________

8. After taking apart your M-16A2 rifle, how much time do you have to put it back together?
A. There is no time limit.
B. 30 seconds.
C. One minute.
D. Other (please explain) About a heartbeat.

9. What is the purpose of a conditioning march?

A. To increase the recruits stamina and confidence.
B. To determine what kind of condition the recruit is in.
C. It has absolutely no purpose what-so-ever other than another excuse for the DI’s to torture us.

10. Drill is mainly used to:

A. Give the DI’s more excuses to yell at us when we screw up!
B. Instill discipline, team pride and unit cohesion.
C. Both A and B.

11. The Drill Instructor’s Highway is:

A. A song.
B. The aisle down the middle of the squad bay between the rows of bunk beds.
C. The name of a road at MCRD.

12. What are the “daily sevens”?
A. Seven more ways the DI’s find to make our lives miserable on a daily basis.
B. Times a day we get to break for lattes.
C. Sets of exercises.

13. What is the “daily 16”?

A. Conditioning exercises.
B. 16 more hours of the day the DI’s have to torture us.
C. The minimum number of times we can be quarter-decked each day.
D. A 16 minute power nap we take at 1PM each afternoon.
E. 16 minutes of one-on-one bonding time with the SDI.
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 8:23 AM


Comments on "I GOT A LETTER, I GOT A LETTER"

 

Blogger Schmoop said ... (9/28/2007 9:41 AM) : 

Congrats on the letter!! Have a great weekend Dixie. Cheers!!

 

Blogger the Book of Keira said ... (9/28/2007 10:55 AM) : 

YAYYYY!!!!!!!! Finally!

He4's really starting to sound like a Marine...LOL.

 

Blogger Special K ~Toni said ... (9/28/2007 12:44 PM) : 

Hilarious! Maybe I need to head down there for weight loss camp!

Sleep till daylight Not noon?

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (9/28/2007 1:46 PM) : 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
AND
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

SO happy for you SugarBaby

 

Blogger Julie said ... (9/28/2007 3:53 PM) : 

Oh man! Jeff was having flashbacks! Thanks for sharing Dixie!

 

Blogger Sarge Charlie said ... (9/28/2007 4:18 PM) : 

Your boy is becoming a man, you got to love it...

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9/28/2007 10:11 PM) : 

Wow...I realize I don't know much about training like this. Some of your questions went right over my head. So great you got these letters!! Congrats!!

 

Blogger Crazy Working Mom said ... (9/28/2007 10:13 PM) : 

That's cool! Thanks so much for posting that.

Can't wait 'till ya get to see him. ;)

 

Blogger Desert Songbird said ... (9/29/2007 1:04 AM) : 

Ooo-rah, Dixie! That boy is gonna be a Mah-rine very soon!

Out-STAND-ing!!!

 

Blogger Amazing Gracie said ... (9/29/2007 3:10 AM) : 

Oh, I am SO very happy for you!!!
The letter was extremely clever.
Now I'm gonna have to look up "quarter deck!"
~~~Blessings~~~

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (9/29/2007 9:02 AM) : 

Well, thanks to you and Matt, I have learned more about Marine life than I ever thought I would know! LOL :D Glad to hear he is doing well. Hugs.

 

Blogger Tug said ... (9/29/2007 12:25 PM) : 

You're not the only one?? hee... I'd have to go with sleeping 'til noon also - NOT daylight!!

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (9/29/2007 9:23 PM) : 

That's great to read his answers on those questions.

I laughed at the "sleep til daylight". LOL! Can't wait to see pics from graduation.

 

Blogger katherine. said ... (10/02/2007 5:49 PM) : 

thanks for sharing these with us...I'm glad he is doing well...and that you have heard from him!

 

post a comment