Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Friday, November 10, 2006



Veterans Day

November 11, observed in the United States in honor of veterans of the armed services and in commemoration of the armistice that ended World War I in 1918. In 1954 it was renamed from Armistice Day and given the added significance of honoring veterans.

What is a Veteran - A veteran is brave men and women who have served ever so bravely for our country.
This Veterans Day is somewhat "different" for lack of a better word for me. My Dad was a veteran, my brother Chris, is a veteran and my son... Matt... will one day be a veteran. You see, on Monday, November 13, he will be signing his name on the dotted line. He has made the decision to join the United States Marines. Yes, I am so very proud of him. He has made this decision all by himself. I told him when he mentioned to me that he wanted to join the military, the end of his freshman year of high school, that I would stand by him, that I would support him 110% and that is what I'm doing. He is 17 years old... yes, I have to sign too, but I am willing to do that. Yes, I'm scared... scared to death... but I do know that deep down in my heart that he is making a very brave decision.
From the song "Some Gave All" by Billy Ray Cyrus
All gave some and some gave all.
Some stood through for the red, white and blue,
and some had to fall.
And if you ever think of me,
think of all your liberties,
and recall,
some gave all.
Below is a poem that I found...

The Bravest Man I Know
by Amanda Whitney

The bravest man I know.
Is a man I've never met.
He's a man who risks his life
To save a friend,
Not only to save a friend,
But to save a nation.
Risking his life
For those he does not know.
Stepping up
Leaving loved ones behind,
So that somewhere,
Someone else won't have to.
He is a man who follows orders
Even though he knows he might die.

The bravest man I know.
Is the man who would rather die,
So one more person could go home
To see his family again.
The man who stares death in the face,
But never blinks.

The bravest man I know.
Is the man who risks his life
So one day the world may be a better place for his children.
Or any man who goes against his biggest fear.
DEATH
Just to save someone he loves.

The bravest man I know.
Is the man who fights
So another man can have the taste of sweet freedom.
Not fighting only for his own benefit,
But for many others all over the world,
Fighting to make this world a better place.

That's the bravest man I know.
To all Veterans on this Veterans Day... THANK YOU!
I love you all!
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 9:21 AM


Comments on ""

 

Blogger peanut butter said ... (11/10/2006 10:23 AM) : 

Hey Dixie,
you link is up!

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (11/10/2006 10:34 AM) : 

Thanks Peanut... I've got you linked too.

 

Blogger peanut butter said ... (11/10/2006 11:47 AM) : 

what do you mean about the counter?
If it wont show up, you'll have to create a new thingon your blog (it has to be the HTML one), add the code, and it should show up.

-peanut-

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11/10/2006 11:49 AM) : 

Beautiful poem. Thanks for sharing, and kuddos to your son.

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (11/10/2006 12:00 PM) : 

Thanks Peanut, I got one.

Your welcome Busy... I am so very proud of my son.

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (11/10/2006 12:19 PM) : 

Nicely done Dix...
Matt is a brave young man...
I normally do not post on the weekend, but have decided to do a special post tomorrow.

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (11/10/2006 12:42 PM) : 

Oh yeah... Bond is going to post on the weekend!!!! woooooo hoooo...

Yes sweetie, he is a very brave young man and I am so proud of him! Thank you

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (11/10/2006 2:01 PM) : 

So proud of your son. His mama raised him right!

Love you sugar

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (11/10/2006 2:07 PM) : 

Well Mama tried to raise him right. ;-) He's a whole lot like me... LMOO

Love you too!

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (11/10/2006 3:33 PM) : 

So proud of my 'adopted nephew'.

Love em like I love his Mama!

Lest we forget...

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (11/10/2006 3:51 PM) : 

;-) I knew you would be proud and yes I know that you love him way more than your luggage!

SMOOCH!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11/10/2006 6:21 PM) : 

You're welcome...Serving this country is the greatest job in the world. Thank your Son for his service for me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11/10/2006 6:21 PM) : 

From the mind of Meribah:

Man, so many nice posts I'm reading today! Well, there are nice posts everyday, but, well, y'all know what I mean! I really like the dedications to our veterans. Very nice!

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (11/10/2006 8:11 PM) : 

**stands to and throws young Matt his first salute**

Well done, young man.

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (11/10/2006 9:35 PM) : 

stewartfan ... Yes serving this great country his an honor. I am soon to be a proud Mother of a United States Marine. Thank you

Thank you meri.... it's the least we can do for our veterans because they have done so much for us.

Trav...I told Matt and he salutes you. Thank you....

 

post a comment