Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Friday, October 27, 2006

OH YEAH - 1 AWAY... OH YEAH... HERE DUCKIE, DUCKIE, DUCKIE..... 3 - 1 GO CARDS!!!

Well, what do you know... The Cardinals pulled it out last night to win 5 - 4 in Game 4 of the World Series. The Cardinals are 1 win away from winning the World Series for the first time in 24 years. Tonight, weather permitting, the Cardinals will put Weaver on the mound..... GO CARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In keeping with the Duckmaster Uniforms... I am going to stick with what I have for the past two days... wooooooooooooooo

Ann's the ref, Mary's on first, Turn's on second, and I'm on third leading off to score the run!!!! 1 step, 2 steps, 3 steps... I'm going.... going to steal home... oh yesh I am.... can't ya'll see us sliding into base with the uniforms... ;-)





Hoping that Bruno will help us out when we do WIN the Fall Classic, cause we are going to have to have some protection from the Duck ... I have found the perfect Duckmaster Uniform for us.... What do you think girls?


It's only 4 days to Halloween ya'll.... let's see what I can come up with today....


Some say it was the Celts who began the practice of trick-or-treating by offering to buy off evil people with treats before they turned on them with tricks. Others say it started with the Druids, Celtic priests who begged for favors in exchange for protection of souls, or with the Irish peasants, who begged for "soul cakes." It was the English who took it a step further -- they put on masks and costumes as they begged for treats, and if their treats were not forthcoming, they played tricks.
The tradition has gone through many changes. Questions of the safety of treats and of visiting unfamiliar homes have resulted in some parents discontinuing trick-or-treating, preferring instead to keep the celebrations at home. But in many communities, trick-or-treating is still a favorite tradition.

Did you ever have this type of drug problem? I did.....

An old friend read that a methamphetamine lab had been found in an oldfarmhouse in the adjoining county, and he asked me a rhetorical question.

''Why didn't we have a drug problem when you and I were growing up?''

I replied: "I had a drug problem when I was young :

"I was drug to church on Sunday mornings. I was drug to church for weddings and funerals. I was drug to family reunions and community socials no matter the weather.

I was drug by my ears when I was disrespectful to adults. I was also drug to the woodshed when I disobeyed my parents, told a lie, brought home a bad report card, did not speak with respect, spoke ill of the teacher or the preacher, or if I didn't put forth my best effort in everything that was asked of me.

I was drug to the kitchen sink to have my mouth washed out with soap if I uttered a curse. I was drug out to pull weeds in Mom's garden and flower beds and cockleburs out of Dad's fields.

I was drug to the homes of family, friends, and neighbors to help out some poor soul who had no one to mow the yard, repair the clothesline, or chop some firewood.

Those ' drugs ' are still in my veins; and they affect my behavior in everything I do, say, and think. They are stronger than cocaine, crack, or heroin.

If today's children had this kind of drug problem, America would be a better place.

~ author unknown~

A side note to my friend Vinny - have a safe flight and wonderful family togetherness in NJ this weekend. Oh and BEHAVE!!!! Smooches! DON'T DO ANYTHING THAT I WOULDN'T DO... ;-)

To every one else: Have a great weekend and GO CARDS!!!!!! wooooooooo

Love ya'll muches and a whole lot of bunches...

SMOOCHES, GROPES & HUGS

p.s. and for Mary.... RUBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-)

Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 8:44 AM


Comments on ""

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10/27/2006 10:08 AM) : 

hi this is the damm duck. i am sorry i can't come to the blog right now because i must not look at anymore duckmaster outfits.

if you would like to leave a message about last nights game please do so after the beep

wait for the beep!

WAIT!

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (10/27/2006 10:16 AM) : 

Oh Duckie.... Magic Number is now 1 - 1 away... GO CARDS!!!

Ummmm.... what's up with the errors??? Ummmmm....

5 - 4 was the score.... did you know that??? 5 - 4 ;-)

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (10/27/2006 10:16 AM) : 

Oh and it's 3 - 1...

*looks at web feet... I still see a little dirt on those feet* ;-)

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (10/27/2006 10:18 AM) : 

TY Dix... I did go back and update THE COUCH to include a little blurb on last evening's game.
I almosted forgot, but I fixed it...

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (10/27/2006 10:23 AM) : 

*bows* Thank you Snugglebritches... I'm doing the Fall Classic Snoopy Dance... wooooo

Just hope that Mother Nature cooperates... ;-)

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (10/27/2006 11:53 AM) : 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

DUCKMASTERS RULE!!!!!!


::Dances around the duck in uniform::

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (10/27/2006 2:36 PM) : 

*dances around with Turn in duckmaster uniform* woooooooooooooo

DUCKMASTERS RULE!!!!

GO CARDS!!!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10/27/2006 4:15 PM) : 

From the mind of Meribah:

**leans leather-clad self against wall and watches the duckmasters dance, while hoping the Damm duck can survive seeing all these sexy outfits** LOL

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10/27/2006 5:10 PM) : 

:blink:

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10/27/2006 11:29 PM) : 

Wooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

World Series Champion St Louis Cardinals!!!

Hooorayy for Dixie!!!

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (10/28/2006 9:03 AM) : 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

YEAH CARDS!!!!!!

DUCKMASTERS RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (10/28/2006 11:51 AM) : 

OK.. so know what do I wear!? I mean.. now that the Cards have tamed the mighty Ducks.. um.. no that's hockey.. the Mighty Tigers.. and the Duck in his Tiger outfit... I am forced to remove the ref uniform..
Wait.. I've always looked fabulous in a fedora.. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

::Shakes Duckmaster tail all over blogland::

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10/30/2006 6:47 AM) : 

shows face...admits defeat to the duckmasters...copies and pastes duckmaster outfits for future "research"...waddles home with tail between legs...Go Wings.

 

Blogger Coco said ... (10/30/2006 2:06 PM) : 

Is it hockey season now? Yay!!! Congrats Cards and Cards fans ... it's not the Stanley Cup, but it's pretty cool just the same.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10/30/2006 3:07 PM) : 

the Wings will beat ANY Canadian team hands down!!!

(changes mantel space label from World Series to Stanley Cup)

 

Blogger Rainbow said ... (10/30/2006 7:17 PM) : 

Waddles after the Damm Duck...go Wings!!!!!!

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (10/31/2006 9:09 AM) : 

Ducky... this means WAR!

January 15th.. Habs Vs Wings.. I wonder if duck wings are as tasty as chicken wings....


Hey Dixie!!!! Where are you????

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (10/31/2006 10:34 AM) : 

DUCKMASTERS RULE!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10/31/2006 10:49 AM) : 

war against the habs? i think you may be overstating that a bit!!!! Preps farm team "Toledo Storm" to fill in for Wings light work.

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (10/31/2006 12:32 PM) : 

LMOO-- y'all have at it.

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (10/31/2006 1:21 PM) : 

I think the duck's tiger costume was too tight... Lost blood flow to his head...Or maybe he's a masochist.. yup, that MUST be it!

 

post a comment