Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Monday, October 16, 2006

I'm BACK in Control of ME!
(I will not be held hostage by a drug anymore)


As most of y'all know, I've been sick for the past 2 1/2 weeks. I have NOT been in control of me. I have felt like I've had an out of body experience. You are probably wondering what I'm talking about. Well, yeppers, I'm going to tell you.

DRUGS - yes I said it... I've been on drugs. These drugs that I'm talking about I STOPPED taking because they made me loopy. Yes, loopier than normal.... I felt like I was coming out of my skin and my nerves were shredded into pieces. So, I decided that I wasn't going to take anymore of these drugs.

The first week I was taking a cough/congestion med called Medent. This drug caused my vision to blur so bad that I could not even see my hand in front of me.... did NOTHING for my cough/congetion. So, I went back to the doctor Thursday and he gave me a drug called X-PECT AT. Now this drug didn't mess with my vision but sure as hell made me feel like I was coming out of my skin. I decided over the weekend that I'm NOT taking anymore drugs.

During this whole ordeal, I'm thinking... "Why do people want to do drugs?" "Why do people not want to be in control of themselves?" This is something that I cannot understand. They may think they are "in control" of them themself, when in fact they are not. It's the drugs that control them.... they DO NOT control themself.

SO...... if over the past couple of weeks, if I've done anything STUPID...i'ts because I've not been in control of myself! I do not like NOT being in control of myself. I am taking ME back and I'M BACK IN CONTROL!

Now onto other topics......

It is very hard for me to believe it but the Tennessee Titans FINALLY won yesterday. It's about time..... and sadly, my St. Louis Cardinals lost to the NY Mets last night. The series is tied at 2 games each... they play again tonight......... GO CARDINALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations to Am's Auburn Tigers for beating Florida!!!! woooooooo Like I've said before, my two favorite teams are Tennessee who ever plays Florida! We had a bye week... Saturday we take on the Crimson Tide of Alabama.... now that should be a good game. More on that later in the week.....

Girls Raised in the South

Two nicely dressed ladies happen to start up a conversationduring an endless wait in the LAX airport. The first lady was an arrogant California woman married to a wealthy man. The second was a well mannered elderly woman from the South.

When the conversation centered on whether they had any children the California woman started by saying, "When my first child was born, my husband built a beautiful mansion for me."

The lady from the South commented, "Well, isn't that precious?"

The first woman continued, "When my second child was born, my husband bought me a beautiful Mercedes-Benz."

Again, the lady from the South commented, "Well, isn't that precious?"

The first woman continued boasting,

"Then, when my third child was born, my husband bought me this exquisite diamond bracelet."

And again, the Southern lady commented, "Well, isn't that precious?"

The first woman then asked the Southern lady,

"What did your husband buy for you when you had your first child?"

"My husband sent me to charm school," declared the Southern lady."

Charm school?" the first woman cried, "Oh my God! What on earth for?" asked the first woman.

The Southern lady responded, "Well for example, instead of saying "Who gives a shit?" I learned to say, "Well, isn't that precious.
(thanks Duckles for the joke)


HUGS, GROPES & WET SLOPPY SMOOCHES!
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 9:57 AM


Comments on ""

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (10/16/2006 12:06 PM) : 

YEA LEE ANN!! I can't take a lot of meds because they make me feel worse than the illness they are supposed to treat.


And gladly cheering on your Cards over the hated Mets.Just think--if the Cards win it will be the Duckmaster vs. the Duck!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (10/16/2006 12:07 PM) : 

OOOOPS

Forgot to mention the joke LOLOLOL except the version I know is "That's nice"

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (10/16/2006 12:20 PM) : 

Oh Yeah!!!!! Duckmaster vs Duck...wooooooooooooooooooo.......

*crawls under bed and pulls out Duckmaster Kit*

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (10/16/2006 3:26 PM) : 

We go to charm school in NY to learn to politely grab them by the throat and lean in close and say "Like I give a F***K"
Well...the charm school is so we don't yell it out in public!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10/16/2006 3:44 PM) : 

From the mind of Meribah:

I don't understand why peeps would wanna do drugs either, Dixie. Glad to hear you are feeling better! Wooo!
In other news, that was a cute joke about the Southern lady! **looks up at Bond's comment and reminds self to not tick off any peeps from NY** LOL

 

Blogger Rainbow said ... (10/16/2006 5:47 PM) : 

Dix..so happy you are off the drugs...LOL! Seriously, get better, girlfriend! **sad face** I really miss you. We never get to talk anymore. Hey to Hunny Bunny and the kids from ole Aunt Sue!
Loves you!
Sue

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10/16/2006 10:04 PM) : 

Dang "cures"!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10/17/2006 8:34 AM) : 

puts on duck battle gear

bring it.


:)

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (10/17/2006 10:11 AM) : 

;-) Extra Special Duckmaster Kit

 

post a comment