Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Monday, October 02, 2006

OCTOBER IS BREAST CANCER AWARENESS MONTH

For more than 20 years, National Breast Cancer Awareness Month (NBCAM) has educated women about early breast cancer detection, diagnosis and treatment. NBCAM continues reaching out to women with several key messages, most notably, the importance of early detection through annual mammography screening for women over 40, or earlier for women at increased risk. Mammography screenings are a woman's best chance for detecting breast cancer early. When coupled with new treatment options, mammography screenings can significantly improve a woman's chances of survival. We are pleased that our efforts have contributed to more women than ever participating in mammography screening. Independent reports indicate that this has been instrumental in the increase in the survival rate for women with breast cancer.

For more information go to: http://www.nbcam.org/ this is where I received the above information.

Let's remember ladies that this is very important.

Went to the doctor on Thursday. He confirmed what I had decided was wrong with me all along. I have pinched my sciatic nerve on my left side. So... now I'm totally drugged with steriods and pain killers. I am to have a MRI tomorrow... I do know that the results will be and my options, I'm sure... surgery or surgery... I'm very reluctant about going. May juts cancel the MRI appointment today. I don't know.. we shall see. Yes, I'm at work... but damn, my back and left leg is killing me! I sooooo want to go back home and lay in the bed with my heating pad.

Rambling Thoughts for this Monday.


I don't know what has been wrong with me lately. My brain ain't working! I'm having some major "Pickler" Moments.

Oh speaking of Pickler.... A self-diagnosed shoe addict, American Idol finalist Kellie Pickler strolls to radio with her debut single, "Red High Heels." Kellie is also recording her debut album, "Small Town Girl" which will be released on Halloween. Kellie said, "Well you could buy it and put it in your trick or treat bag. It's really good for you, it's not like candy, it won't rot your teeth." (This straight off the American Idol Home Page. Rot, Snot.... geez! But ya gotta love the girl!)


Three-year-old buys pink convertible on Internet.

Ok, come on now. Do you expect me to believe the mother's story? I don't! This is was was written on line:

Jack Neal briefly became the proud owner of a pink convertible car after he managed to buy it for 9,000 pounds ($17,000) on the Internet despite being only three years old.

Jack's mother told the BBC she had left her password for the eBay auction site in her computer and her son used the "buy it now" option to complete the purchase.

"Jack's a whizz on the PC and just pressed all the right buttons," Rachel Neal said.
The seller of the second-hand car, a dealer from Worcestershire, central England, was amused by the bid and agreed not to force the sale through.


"Luckily he saw the funny side and said he would re-advertise," Neal said. (I just don't see it... I really don't.Now I do know that there are some really smart kids in the world, but please... I say she just couldn't get the money like she thought she could and this was here easy way out! I don't know... maybe I'm wrong.. I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong AGAIN!!!!!)

Recently, I was diagnosed with A. A. A. D. D. - Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder. This is how it manifests:

I decide to wash my car. As I start toward the garage, I notice that there is mail on the hall table.I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car. I lay my car keys down on the table, put the junk mail in the trash can under the table, and notice that the trash can is full. So, I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the trash first. But then I think, since I'm going to be near the mailbox when I take out the trash anyway, I may as well pay the bills first. I take my checkbook off the table, and see that there is only one check left. My extra checks are in my desk in the study, so I go to my desk where I find the can of Coke that I had been drinking. I'm going to look for my checks, but first I need to push the Coke aside so that I don't accidentally knock it over. I see that the Coke is getting warm, and I decide I should put it in the refrigerator to keep it cold. As I head toward the kitchen with the coke a vase of flowers on the counter catches my eye--they need to be watered. I set the Coke down on the counter, and I discover my reading glasses that I've been searching for all morning. I decide I better put them back on my desk, but first I'm going to water the flowers. I set the glasses back down on the counter, fill a container with water and suddenly I spot the TV remote. Someone left it on the kitchen table. I realize that tonight when we go to watch TV, I will be looking for the remote, but I won't remember that it's on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it back in the den where it belongs, but first I'll water the flowers. I splash some water on the flowers, but most of it spills on the floor. So, I set the remote back down on the table, get some towels and wipe up the spill. Then I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do. At the end of the day: the car isn't washed, the bills aren't paid, there is a warm can of Coke sitting on the counter, the flowers aren't watered, there is still only one check in my checkbook, I can't find the remote, I can't find my glasses, and I don't remember what I did with the car keys. Then when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm really baffled because I know I was busy all day long, and I'm really tired. I realize this is a serious problem, and I'll try to get some help for it, but first I'll check my e-mail. Don't laugh -- if this isn't you yet, your day is coming!

GROWING OLDER IS MANDATORY.
GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL.
LAUGHING AT YOURSELF IS THERAPEUTIC!
Until tomorrow!
Lee Ann

Labels: ,

Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 8:26 AM


Comments on ""

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (10/02/2006 12:37 PM) : 

Hey--go to your appointment so they can help. My grandmother suffered from sciatica--I know it is a killer.

Smooches and gropes

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (10/02/2006 12:40 PM) : 

Liz - the only thing that I'm truly concerned about is being stuck in that tunnel for 45 mins to an hour! They are going to have to KNOCK ME OUT! I don't think I can stand it for that long!

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (10/02/2006 2:59 PM) : 

GO TO THE APPOINTMENT

When you are in the tube, just think of me kissing your cheek...
LOLOLOL

GO TO THE APPOINTMENT

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (10/02/2006 3:58 PM) : 

What Bond said... GO TO THE MRI!
Or I'll come down there and drag you to it myself!

.. um.. if it helps... think of Taylor holding you when you're in the tube... that should be good for at least 45 minutes of daydreaming!!

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (10/02/2006 4:02 PM) : 

Oh.. and I'll try to remember the age activated.. what was I talking about? Ack.. 37.. oh man..

I'm thirsty.. where's my Coke?

OOOH.. a ding.. I've got mail!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10/02/2006 4:58 PM) : 

From the mind of meribah:

Oh man! I think I'd better practice my brain exercises so I don't get that Age Activated whachamacallit too! Hmmm, maybe I should do those exercises really, really soon! LOL

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10/02/2006 5:45 PM) : 

Go the appointment or I'll sic the cow on you.

And I love you.

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (10/02/2006 6:43 PM) : 

Ok, Ok, Ok ya'll I'll go to the appointment... but's it not because I want to. I'll update everyone tomorrow night or Wednesday morning.

Love ya'll!

 

Blogger I blinded you with Science! said ... (10/03/2006 6:50 AM) : 

Hey Chicky;

Please go have the MRI it's better to have the test than to find out later it's too late. Take it from a future doc.

 

post a comment