Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Friday, September 29, 2006


My Thoughts....
You will understand the meaning of the picture at the end of my post.


As I sit here staring at my computer this afternoon, my heart is heavy. My heart goes out to our dear friend Ann. I remember just a few short week ago, when Dad was living, how she and so many others where there for me. Now I, and others, are there for her.

A year ago, I didn't know any of ya'll. Then in January, I jumped on board over at AI and made the most wonderful group friends anyone can ever ask for. Ya'll show the true meaning of friendship! Ya'll have been there through my ventings and the sickness of Dad and for that I say "THANK YOU".

When my older brother passed away in 1999, my best friend for the last 25 years, gave me a poem. A truly inspirational poem. One that I read very often. One that reminds that that the Lord is there with us when times are bad and that he will never leave us. One that reminds me that the Lord does not put anymore on us than we can handle. I know that it's hard sometimes to remember that, but it's so very true.

So today, I'm leaving you with a poem....

Footprints in the Sand
written by Mary Stevenson

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the LORD.

Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand: one belonging to him, and the other to the LORD.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand.
He noticed that many times along the path ofhis life there was only one set of footprints.

He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life.
This really bothered him and he questioned the LORD about it:

"LORD, you said that once I decided to follow you, you'd walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life,there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me.

"The LORD replied:

"My son, my precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering,when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 1:24 PM


Comments on ""

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (9/29/2006 2:29 PM) : 

Sweetie-- It makes my day just to know that you are my friend and in my life.

Love you

Smooches and gropes

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9/29/2006 6:27 PM) : 

Diana - that was beautiful. I hope and pray everything goes well for Anndi and her mom too.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9/30/2006 2:13 PM) : 

From the mind of Meribah:

I love that poem. It reminds us that, no matter how hard life might get, our Heavenly Father will help us through. Hugs!

 

Blogger I blinded you with Science! said ... (10/01/2006 2:12 AM) : 

Dixie;

I loved the poem, I'm sorry for your loss. We will continue to keep everyone's health and well-being in our prayers.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10/03/2006 2:37 PM) : 

*hugs*

 

post a comment