Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Thursday, September 28, 2006

There is a Baseball God in Heaven!!!!
and some other ramblings (because I have NO IDEA what to write about today) ....

THANK. YOU. BASEBALL.GODS!!!!!

There is a baseball god in heaven!!!!!! wooooooooooooooooooo
FINALLY, FINALLY!!!!! My St. Louis Cardinal's Magic Number is 4!!!!!
(and thank you Bond, my snugglebritches, for the snipet... I think it was meant to be ;-) )

Ok, everyone join in with me and let's sing Happy Birthday to Mary..... *clears throat and sings* HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU..... HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR MARYYYYYYYYYY.....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!!!


I took this fun quiz thingy at Dana's blogspot and guess what I found out!!!!!


I'm a Total Tease


I'm all about flirting and fun, but often give guys the wrong idea. Most men think they have a chance with me... but come on! I've got high standards, and most men I flirt with aren't going to make the grade. And while my tease act will work for a while, every guy I know will eventually be the wiser.

This is what it said about me. Well, teasing NEVER hurt anyone. I love teasing my sweet honey bunny.... my tease always leads to other things... ;-) if you know what I mean....... wooooooooooooohoooooooooooo

Special prayers going out to the young lady who lost her life yesterday in Colorado. Also, special prayers for our wonderful friend Bond.... go get'em cowboy..... (I still want him in Memphis)

This has GOT to be the craziest thing I have ever read!!!!!

Until I feared I would lose it, I never loved to read. One does not love breathing."—Harper Lee, "To Kill a Mockingbird"

Compelling as they are, some folks would rather you didn't read the words above. The quote comes from a Pulitzer Prize-winning book that's been denounced for so-called racial slurs and profanity, and banished from school library shelves.

I was reading down the list and oh god... I could NOT believe that "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn" (Mark Twain) and "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer" (Mark Twain) were on the list... along with "Of Mice and Men" (John Steinbeck). When I was in school...way back when... is was mandatory that we read "To Kill a Mockingbird" and "Of Mice and Men". And why is "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings" (Maya Angelou) on the list. It says that the American Library Association keeps an accounting of objectionable reads. Where are these people coming from?????


Two Prostitutes - - -

Two prostitutes were riding around town with a sign on top of their car
which said: "Two Prostitutes -- $50.00."

A policeman, seeing the sign,stopped them and told them they'd either have to remove the sign or go to jail.

Just at that time, another car passed with a sign on the roof saying: "JESUS SAVES."

One of the girls asked the officer, "How come you don't stop them?!"

"Well, that's a little different," the officer smiled . . "Their sign pertains to religion."

So the two ladies of the night frowned as they took their sign down and drove off.

The following day found the same police officer in the area when he noticed the two ladies driving around with a large sign on their car again. Figuring he had an easy arrest, he began to catch up with them when he noticed the new sign which now read:


"Two Fallen Angels Seeking Peter -- $50.00."

Well, I'm off work tomorrow and so is Tony.... ;-) Yep...kidos leave for school at 7:30 and then it's ADULT TIME!!!!! WOOOOOOO... Maybe I will post tomorrow.... maybe not.... who knows.... we will see.... LMOO

::HUGS, SLOPPY WET SMOOCHES & GROPES::

Lee Ann
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 2:28 PM


Comments on ""

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9/28/2006 11:38 AM) : 

Maya Angelou's book is on the list b'cause it deals with incest. That is taboo in some places. My son had to do a book report on TKAMB last year. But I mean HP is on the list *rolls eyes*, the Goosebumps Series *rolls eyes harder*. If it has to do with witchcraft or any form of 'evil' it is bad. If it has to do with a black person, it is bad, if it has to do with sex in any form it is bad! *Note of sarcasm*

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9/28/2006 11:39 AM) : 

oh I would also like to point out that "How to eat fried worms" is also on that list *falls out laughing*. People really need to get a life, I tell you!

TaTa!

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (9/28/2006 11:47 AM) : 

The other chick named Liz writes--

To Kill A Mockingbird should be required reading

The movie is one of my absolute favorites and quite honestly---part of the inspiration for me becoming an attorney

And the joke

BUHWHAHWHAHAHEHAHA!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Warm wet smooches and gropes!

 

Blogger Amanda said ... (9/28/2006 11:59 PM) : 

Anything that stops and makes you think is on the list. Now that's a shame. I'm from the same town as Harper Lee and every year the city puts on a play of To Kill A Mockingbird and it is absolutely chilling. A must see if u ever get the chance.

 

post a comment