Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Thursday, October 05, 2006

HOLLYWOOD - HERE WE COME ......
hehehehehehehehehe - bwhahahahahahahahaha - ;-)

So, I told you how my older brother put me in the dryer and how Chris just laughed and laughed. Well.... I knew that sometime in the not to far distant future, I would get him back. And that's exactly what I did.... with a little help from Kim. I was about 7 at the time, so that made Chris 4...

Chris is the baby of the family. I was 3 -4 years old when Mother and Daddy adopted him. Now don't get me wrong, I love my little brother but that's just it... he was my "LITTLE BROTHER." I wanted a little sister... but no....... I got a stinky little brother who would give me coodies....

Chris had the most beautiful head of hair ever to have been given to a male. It was so soft and naturally curly... he was too pretty to be a boy..... He should have been a girl.... and we would always tease him about how pretty he was... we went so far as to call him "Christy Love". Now Christy Love was a show in 1974 about a black policewoman. We loved watching that show. That's where we came up with the nickname for our little brother.

I had the most brillant idea ever.... well... not exactly me, but Kim and me did.... we put our heads together and plotted the tortue for Chris. Now when I say "tortue", I don't mean any physical tortue... I'll let you be the judge......

One day, while Kim was babysitting us, we told Chris that a big movie producer was coming to Milledgeville to cast parts for "Get Christy Love". To our surprise... HE BELIEVED US!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOO At last, I was going to get my revenge... So, he let us curl his hair, put makeup on him, paint his nails, put on one of my girlie girl dresses and a pair of Mother's high heels. Let me tell you, he thought he was SOME.THING! He would prance around the living room say "Your under arrest, Sugah!" all the time pretending to slap the cuffs on one of my baby dolls. We laughed till we hurt. Oh god how we laughed. This went on for a couple of hours... then Mother came home for lunch. We thought that we were in big trouble... but all she did was make up clean him up.... She didn't show it, but I know she was laughing too.

But that wasn't then end of it......... not by far......Oh no... I wasn't finished just yet.....

After Mother went back to the store, Kim and I once again pulled out our mischevious hats... this time we told him that instead of the producer for "Get Christy Love", it was a producer that was going to make an Aunt Jemima commercial. And we were off......

I went and found a bandana. We tied his head up in the bandana, put tan makeup on his face, with red dots, put him on an old shirt of Daddy's that came down to his knees and one of Mother's aprons. Handed him a broom - and SNAP.... yep, we took a picture.... oh how we were laughing..... the kid finally wised up and he figured out that there was NOT any type of movie producers coming to Milledgeville. That we had lied to him all day long. Oh how he cried and cried and cried.... Oh how sweet it was!!!!!!!!

He called Mother at the store.... she came home.............. WE WERE IN T.R.O.U.B.L.E.!

We still to this day have the Aunt Jemima picture of Chris with the biggest grin I have ever seen on a child.


See life was always simple when we were kids... why can't life be simple like this again? I look at my own kids and wonder if they too will have stories to tell when then get older. Stories that they will be able to tell their kids.... Stories of how they tortued each other... stories like we have? Will they, I don't know.. but somehow I wish that I could take my kids and go back in the past to when I grew up and show them how simple it all was and how we had so much fun.

I hope that I am not boring you with my stories.. I have so many, many more.

Another episode tomorrow -

Hugs, Smooches & Gropes
Lee Ann

Labels: , ,

Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 3:05 PM


Comments on ""

 

Blogger Rainbow said ... (10/05/2006 6:27 PM) : 

Dang, Dix...you had a great childhood..WOOOOOOOO! I'll put on my memory hat and see if I can up with some happy memories to post. Love YOU!
Sueann

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (10/06/2006 7:52 AM) : 

**snickers**
Nicely done!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Smooches and gropes!

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (10/06/2006 9:18 AM) : 

LOLOLOLOLOL Too funny!!

Oh my

 

Blogger Angell said ... (10/06/2006 9:57 AM) : 

LOLOLOLOLOL - Gotta agree with Liz. That's just too cute, and too typical of siblings.

Now, we can look back and laugh, but then....

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (10/06/2006 11:53 AM) : 

Heck--until I got it fixed I had a nick in a front tooth where one of my sisters hit me with a shampoo bottle. LOL I was laughing at her being mad at me. The madder she got the funnier it was to me.

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (10/06/2006 12:20 PM) : 

Yes Sue.. I did have a good childhood... but it gets better...

Anndi - *bows* Thank you... but this is just the beginning... LMOO


Liz ..bwhahahahaha.... just wait until Monday when I tell ya'll about the "Blue Bunny".... ;-)

Yes Angell...we can look back and laugh but then.... I COULD HAVE KILLED HIM!!!! ;-)

And to let you know kinda what to be expecting... all but 2 of Chris' scares are from me!

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (10/06/2006 1:14 PM) : 

Yes Mary... I'm evil ;-) LMOO!!!!

I don't get back...I GET EVEN! ;-)

 

post a comment