Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Friday, October 13, 2006

Friday 13TH, St. Louis Cardinals, Teachers carrying guns in school

Is Friday the 13th a Reason to Stay in Bed? Today some people will not step outside, fly on a plane, go to work or even act on a hot stock tip. It's Friday the 13th — a day filled with mild dread for some and such fear for others that shuttering themselves indoors seems completely reasonable.

Did you know:

*17 TO 21 MILLION Americans suffer from paraskevidekatriaphobia - the fear of Friday the
13th? (4 to 5 million in the UK)
* it has been estimated that 750 MILLION DOLLARS will be LOST in business because people
will not shop, travel or take risks of any kind on this Friday the 13th?
* that the U.S. NAVY to this day will NOT LAUNCH a ship on Friday the 13th?
* that OVER 85% will RISK THEIR LIVES rather than walk under a ladder?
* symptoms range from mild anxiety and a nagging sense of doom to full blown panic attacks?
* SOME WILL NOT EVEN GET OUT OF BED or leave their homes this Friday the 13th?
* that most other superstitious fears show up on or around Friday the 13th.?
* where breaking a mirror, believed by millions to bring bad luck, originated?
* that hanging a horseshoe the wrong way will bring bad luck?
* where the superstition of stepping on a crack as an ill omen was created?
* why some throw salt over their shoulder to ward off evil events?
* the reason why millions consider crossing a black cat's path unlucky?
* why the number of members in occult, mystical and exoteric movements is on the rise?

ST. LOUIS CARDINALS - sad to say lost Game 1 last night to the Mets... Cy Young Award Winner Chris Carpenter will take the mound tonight in Game 2... GO CARDINALS!!!!

WMC TV5 Poll -
Do you think teachers should be allowed to carry weapons at school?
Thank you for participating in our poll.

Here are the results so far.

Yes: If they have a permit to carry a weapon they should be allowed 32%
Yes: I think it will help control violence in school 7%
No: It is dangerous to have a loaded weapon in a school 29%
No: It will only add to the problem 32%

You have GOT to be kidding me!!!!! Teachers carrying guns in schools.... PLEASE!!!!! I can tell you which box I checked - my answer NO: IT WILL ONLY ADD TO THE PROBLEM! Let's get real here people. Kids today are NOTHING like when I was in school. You caused a problem at school, you got your ass tore up... and PRAYED that Daddy didn't find out about it before you got home because you knew you were going to get ANOTHER ONE if he did! I could go on, but I'm feeling a little dizzy standing here on this soap box. Too many meds... ;-)

CHILDREN AND THEIR TEACHER -

A Sunday school teacher was discussing the Ten Commandments with her five and six year olds. After explaining the commandment to "honor" thy Father and thy Mother, she asked, "Is there a commandment that teaches us how to treat our brothers and sisters?" Without missing a beat one little boy (the oldest of a family) answered, "Thou shall not kill."


The children were lined up in the cafeteria of a Catholic elementary school for lunch. At the head of the table was a large pile of apples. The nun made a note, and posted on the apple tray: "Take only ONE. God is watching." Moving further along the lunch line, at the other end of the table was a large pile of chocolate chip cookies. A child had written a note, "Take all you want. God is watching the apples.

and.......

BRAIN CRAMPS ..... (ode to American Literacy)

"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it." --Al Gore, Vice President

"The word 'genius' isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
--Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback & sports analyst.

"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure." --Bill Clinton, President

"Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I can't help but cry. I mean I'd love to be skinny like that, but not with all those flies and death and stuff."
--Mariah Carey

FINALLY - WHAT DO YOU KEEP ON AN ORGAN???

Miss Beatrice, the church organist, was in her eighties. She was admired for her sweetness and kindness to all.

One afternoon the pastor came to call on her and she showed him into her quaint sitting room. She invited him to have a seat while she prepared tea. As he sat facing her old Hammond organ, the young minister noticed a cut-glass bowl sitting on top of it. The bowl was filled with water, and in the water floated, of all things, a condom!

When she returned with tea and scones, they began to chat. The pastor tried to stifle his curiosity about the bowl of water and its strange floater, but soon it got the better of him and He could no longer resist.

"Miss Beatrice", he said, "I wonder if you would tell meabout this?" pointing to the bowl.

"Oh, yes," she replied, "Isn't it wonderful? I was walking through the Park a few months ago and I found this little package on the ground. The directions said to place it on the organ, keep it wet and that it would prevent the spread of disease. Do you know I haven't had the flu all winter.

HUGS, GROPES & SMOOCHES!!!!
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 2:07 PM


Comments on ""

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10/13/2006 3:34 PM) : 

From the mind of Meribah:

Thank goodness I'm above all such silly superstitions. Knock wood. LOL
You're right, Dixie, allowing teachers to bring guns to school is just asking for trouble. What needs to be done is to get down to the root cause of violence among youth and work to eliminate it.
Hugs and (absolutely) no gropes to you!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10/13/2006 5:25 PM) : 

Funny jokes and I hope you feel better, my dearest Dixie!

 

Blogger Coco said ... (10/13/2006 5:53 PM) : 

Um ... I guess I shouldn't assign detentions when my kids at school don't do as I ask, I should just shoot them? What do they call that? Tough love? I teach at a high school where I would not hesitate to walk up to any kid and demand (and receive) respectful compliance without anything more than a reproachful look as ammunition. We are teachers, for Pete's sake - role models. I know I am lucky in my current job, but even if I taught in a school where danger of being shot was prevalent, I would not carry a weapon for protection because, as a teacher, my actions and deeds speak to my students a thousand times louder than my words. So my answer is not just no, but HELL NO!

 

Blogger Amanda said ... (10/14/2006 12:07 AM) : 

I totally agree with you Dixie, when I first heard him suggest it-a congressman too-sheesh, i thought is this man mad..what are we coming too?? As I type this your Cards just tied the series! Wooooooo! I'm rooting them on, even if Bond isnt!

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (10/14/2006 8:50 AM) : 

oh sure bring a gun to school so then a kid can take it away and shot someone else..or fail a test shot the kid? DOH
Funny stuff after that Dix...Cardinals won..beat up on Met's closer...
Note to self: Gotta get me a condom, a bowl of water and an organ...I feel a cold coming on

 

Blogger Rainbow said ... (10/14/2006 10:12 AM) : 

Dix...what the hell is this world coming to? Teachers with guns! Oh yeah that will fix the problem. Sheesh (I know Vince I owe you for that one) Funny story about the organist! Friday the 13th..nah..doesn't bother me. But 3 knocks on the door and nobody there..::CHILLS::, a bird flying into the house..yikes! death comes in 3's..oh yeah don't wear an Opal, unless it is your birthstone...now that one was TRUE for me..I swear, y'all..don't do it!
Love you Dix!!!!

 

post a comment