Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Thursday, October 19, 2006

Just a bunch of Stuff today!


I knew it, I knew it.... that it would go 7 games..... I don't have any fingernails left.... None what so ever...... Guess I will have to start chewing on my toenails tonight.....





Everyone knows Halloween happens on the night of October 31. In modern times it’s full of creepy stories of witches, ghouls, and monsters. You can hear laughter of children going door to door shouting - Trick or treat! - and receiving candy.

What brilliant genius invented Halloween? I’m really not sure. However, Halloween wasn’t started when the world knew you were born. It’s a lot older than that.


There are probably hundreds of stories on how Halloween came about. Most people like to believe the ones that seem most impossible and most frightening.

Well, here’s a summary of all the research I’ve done on Halloween: The custom connected with Halloween are thought to have started among the ancient Druids, who believed that on that evening Saman, the lord of the dead, called to him hosts of evil spirits. The Druids customarily lit huge fires on Halloween, apparently for the purpose of warding off all these spirits.

Among the ancient Celts, Halloween was the last night of the year and was thought of as a lucky time for looking at the warnings of the future. The Celts also believed that the spirits of the dead came back to their earthly homes on that evening. After the Romans conquered Britain, they added to Halloween features of the Roman harvest festival held on November 1 in honor of Pomona, goddess of the fruits of trees.


The Celtic tradition of lighting fires on Halloween survived until modern times in Scotland and Wales, and the concept of ghosts and witches is still common to all Halloween ceremonies. Traces of the Roman harvest festival survive in the custom, common in both the United States and Great Britain, of playing games involving fruit, such as ducking for apples in a tub of water. Of similar origin is the use of hollowed-out pumpkins carved to resemble scary faces and lit by candles placed inside.



Well, it appears that Turn has finally figured out how to MASTER the Damm Duck. Just tell him a joke.... Wooooooooooooooo Duckmasters vs. Duck ...... I've got the outfits picked out.... Will post them tomorrow..... ;-)

And your joke for today!



A cabbie picks up a nun.


She gets into the cab, and notices that the very handsome cab driverwon't stop staring at her.



She asks him why he is staring. He replies : "I have a question to ask you, but I don't want to offend you"


She answers, "My son, you cannot offend me. When you're as old as I amand have been a nun as long as I have, you get a chance to see and hearjust about everything. I'm sure that there's nothing you could say or ask that I would find offensive.


"Well, I've always had a fantasy to have a nun kiss me.


"She responds, "Well, let's see what we can do about that: 1) you have to be single and 2) you must be Catholic.


"The cab driver is very excited and says, " Yes, I'm single and Catholic!Ok" the nun says " pull into the next alley.


"The nun fulfils the cab driver's fantasy with a kiss that would make a hooker blush. When they get back on the road, the cab driver starts crying.


"My dear child," said the nun, why are you crying? Forgive me but I have sinned. I lied and I must confess, I'm married and I'm Jewish."

The nun says, "that's ok. My name's Kevin and I'm going to a Halloween party."







HUGS, GROPES & SMOOCHES!


"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." Maya Aangelou
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 8:58 AM


Comments on ""

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (10/19/2006 12:16 PM) : 

BUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA



WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (10/19/2006 2:07 PM) : 

Great Joke...

Tonight's the nighttttttttttttt

7th games are always the best...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10/19/2006 2:22 PM) : 

From the mind of Meribah:

**gives Dixie some fake nails to chew on** LOL

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10/19/2006 2:42 PM) : 

tired of holding up my duckmaster slaying sword....would you hurry up already :)

cheering for SLC!! (but what was that last night?)

I smell something foul and it's not me. ( well at least i don't think it is :/ )

 

Blogger Amanda said ... (10/19/2006 4:39 PM) : 

*Cheers on Dixie's Cards!!!!...oh nice joke and i love the chicken shit pic! Love Ya hun! Hugssss

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (10/19/2006 8:36 PM) : 

You mean you smell something fowl

LOLOLOL

 

Blogger Amanda said ... (10/19/2006 10:56 PM) : 

Congratulations on your Cards Dixie!!!!!! Bring on the Tigers!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10/19/2006 11:58 PM) : 

Congrats Dix!! Just saw that the Cards won it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10/20/2006 6:33 AM) : 

IN 4. :)

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10/20/2006 5:18 PM) : 

Ew...your toenails?

 

post a comment