Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Friday, October 20, 2006

St. Louis Cardinals, DUCKMASTER vs. DUCK,
It's Football Time in Tennessee


I'm doing the SNOOPY DANCE TODAY!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Well, well, well..... looks like it's going to be the St. Louis Cardinals against the Detriot Tigers in the World Series. I knew it, I just knew it.... wooooooooooooooo GO CARDS!!!!!!

All week, I have promised the Duck that I had a new Duckmaster outfit and that I was ready to put it on... just to keep him in line.... Well Ducky here it is....... Of course, this is just one of many that I ordered.... More to come next week.

And this just in..... I couldn't believe what my eyes were seeing.... I do believe that it's that Damm Duck trying to bribe the wife of a St. Louis Cardinal.... see.... just like a Damm Duck.... If he can't do it one way he will try another... Just look....

My prediction - CARDINALS IN 4!!!!!!!

It's Football Time in Tennessee!!!! Oh yeah it is.... Tennessee vs. Alabama... all I've got to say is ...... ROCKY TOP YOU'LL ALWAYS BE HOME SWEET HOME TO ME.... GOOD OLE' ROCKY TOP.........WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... ROCKY TOP TENNESSEE.... ROCKY TOP TENNESSEE...... GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It should be a good game. I know there are a lot of Roll Tide Fans out there... but I'm not going to hold that against you. I still love ya anyway.....

A few quick Halloween facts that I found:

Why are pumpkins a Halloween tradition?

Using pumpkins as lanterns at Halloween is based on an ancient Celtic custom brought to America by Irish immigrants. All Hallows' Eve on October 31 marked the end of the old Celtic calendar year. On that night, hollowed-out gourds with candles inside were placed on windowsills to welcome home spirits of deceased ancestors and to ward off evil spirits, including a restless soul named "Stingy Jack."

Why do we don masks and silly costumes for Halloween?

Believing that spirits and ghosts roamed the land on All Hallows' Eve, the ancients Celts wore costumes and masks to avoid detection by these ghosts.

What's with the door-to-door begging for candy?

Have you ever wondered how trick-or-treating began? On All Hallows' Eve, the Celts would leave food on their doorsteps to keep the hungry ghosts from entering their homes.

Did you know...

Black cats were once believed to be witch's assistants who protected their powers.
Orange and black are Halloween colors because orange represents the fall harvest, and black is associated with darkness and death.

And the joke for today........

Little Johnny's neighbors had a baby. Unfortunately, the baby was born without ears.

When the Mother and new baby came home from the hospital, Johnny's family was invited over to see the baby. Before they left their house, Little Johnny's dad had a talk with him and explained that the baby had no ears.

His dad also told him that if he so much as mentioned anything about the baby's missing ears or even said the word "ears" he would get the spanking of his life when they came back home. Little Johnny told his dad he understood completely.

When Johnny looked in the crib he said, "What a beautiful baby."

The mother said, "Why, thank you, Little Johnny."

Johnny said, "He has beautiful little feet and beautiful little hands, a cute little nose and really beautiful eyes. Can he see?"

"Yes", the Mother replied, "we are so thankful; the Doctor said he will have 20/20 vision."

"That's great," said Little Johnny, "cuz he'd be sh*t-outta-luck if he needed glasses.

HUGS, GROPES & SMOOCHES!

Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 8:56 AM


Comments on ""

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (10/20/2006 9:40 AM) : 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Those ducks are sneaky!! That's why there are Duckmasters!

LOVE LOVE LOVE THE OUTFIT!!

SMOOCH AND GROPE

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10/20/2006 11:03 AM) : 

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

(must concentrate, look away, stay the course, go tigers)

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (10/20/2006 12:51 PM) : 

Yes my Duckmaster Sister... sneaky duck, sneaky duck.... that's why we stick together... LMOO

Damm - just wait... I've got more where that came from LMOO...

GO CARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10/20/2006 1:35 PM) : 

elizabeth.kelso@ubs.com

pls email me soon.

Then you can delete this comment.

Thanks.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10/20/2006 5:15 PM) : 

ROTFLMOO! I love that picture of the Damm Duck!

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (10/20/2006 6:24 PM) : 

Good Luck Dix....

See..you wear outfits like that and I just might become a National League fan!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10/21/2006 2:39 AM) : 

Hey Dix - I just realized you have a link to the Bunny Blog. Thanks darlin!

That, and the lovely outfit, gets me leaning toward the Cards.

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (10/21/2006 3:58 PM) : 

Thanks Dana... someone sent me that in e-mail and I just had to use it.

Bond - just wait for this week... there are a lot more "Duckmaster" outfits where that came from. You know I must try and distract the Damm Duck... LMOO

Your welcome Travis...I am trying to link everyone's blog. As far as the outfit... like I told Bond, must try and distract the Damm Duck... check in next week...more where that came from .... LMOO

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10/23/2006 7:23 AM) : 

ok. the duckmaster outfit got us in game one...but we are back on track now!!!!!!!!

just a little "clump of dirt"

LMOO

 

post a comment