Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Wednesday, November 08, 2006



My thoughts on Busy's rants -

Yesterday, our dear Queen Mother of the Soul Patrol went on a rant. Well, I must agree with her rants. A co-worker of mine sent this e-mail to me and I wanted to let everyone know that this is a problem that we are dealing with. Yes most other countires think that Americans are obnoxious, but who do they call when they are in a crunch and need someone to help them out?

Yep! I passing it on..

I am sorry but after hearing they want to sing the National Anthem in Spanish - enough is enough. No where did they sing it in Italian, Japanese, Polish, Irish (Celtic), German, Portuguese, Greek, French, or any other language because of immigration.

It was written by Francis Scott Key and should be sung word for word the way it was written. The news broadcasts even gave the translation -- not even close.

Sorry if this offends anyone but this is MY COUNTRY - IF IT IS YOUR COUNTRY SPEAK UP ----

I am not against immigration -- just come through like everyone else. Get a sponsor; have a place to lay your head; have a job; pay your taxes, live by the rules AND LEARN THE LANGUAGE as all other immigrants have in the past -- and GOD BLESS AMERICA!

PART OF THE PROBLEM

Think about this: If you don't want to forward this for fear of offending someone-----YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM !!!!

Will we still be the Country of choice and still be America if we continue to make the changes forced on us by the people from other countries that came to live in America because it is the Country of Choice??????

Think about it!

IMMIGRANTS, NOT AMERICANS, MUST ADAPT.
It is Time for America to Speak up If you agree -- pass
this along; if you don't agree -- delete it!

And on a lighter note ....

AMAZINGLY SIMPLE HOME REMEDIES

1. A mouse trap, placed on top of your alarm clock, will prevent you
from rolling over and going back to sleep after you hit the snooze
button.

2. If you have a bad cough, take a large dose of laxatives, then you
will be afraid to cough.

3. Clumsy? Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting
someone else to hold them while you chop away.

4. Avoid arguments with the Mrs. about lifting the toilet seat by simply
using the sink.

5. For high blood pressure sufferers: simply cut yourself and bleed for
a few minutes, thus reducing the pressure in your veins. Remember to use a timer.

6. Have a bad toothache? Smash your thumb with a hammer and you will
forget about the toothache.

Sometimes, we just need to remember what the rules of life really are:

You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape.
If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40.
If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

Remember:

* Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
* Never pass up an opportunity to go to the bathroom.
* If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You get another chance.

And finally, be really nice to your family and friends;You never know when you might need them to empty your bedpan.

Love y'all!
Smooch, Grope & Hugs!
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 12:03 PM


Comments on ""

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11/08/2006 12:33 PM) : 

I'm happy to see my rant is making the rounds. At first I was offended about hurt feelings, but why should I be? No one cares about my feelings. If someone is rude enough to ignore the fact that I speak English then I can be rude and obnoxious right back. And you are right, when they need something we are the first ones they call.

I tell you Denmark has it right, we need to take some lessons.

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (11/08/2006 12:35 PM) : 

Yes Busy... it's making the rounds and it's something that we all need to think about. If you come to MY COUNTRY to live .... then do like the post says.... get a job, pay taxes and learn to speak my freakin language!

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (11/08/2006 12:38 PM) : 

There ya go Dix...

Actually THE COUCH did a posting on the national Anthem thing...if i recall =]

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (11/08/2006 12:41 PM) : 

Bond, I honestly don't remember it... but it doesn't hurt to have another one posted. This is a real problem and we MUST speak out!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11/08/2006 12:54 PM) : 

I actually remember that post, it was a while back was it not? Maybe it was The Couch or somewhere else. I know it isn't the first time I've heard about it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11/08/2006 2:23 PM) : 

From the mind of Meribah:

I agree with yuh, Dixie. I may not be an American, but I can well understand the problem. Seeing as how most peeps in America speak English, those who immigrate there should learn to speak it. After all, they can't expect everyone else to learn their language!
Fortunately, I'm ahead of the game (should I ever choose to move to America) 'cause I can speak English...well, Newfinese, but that's close enough, right? LOL
By the way, I like the reference to duct tape. It's the handyman's secret weapon yuh know! (smirk)

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (11/08/2006 3:17 PM) : 

Yes Meri Newfinese does count. And thank you for understanding.

Now 'bout that duct tape and speaking of duck.... anybody seen that Damm Lurking Duck lately? He's gone AWOL since the Tigers lost in the World Series...

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (11/08/2006 8:01 PM) : 

LMOO Yes Vinny you did--STML?

Y'all--at the end of the day we all just want to have peace and comfort and prosperity for ourselves and our loved ones. That's all anyone wants. You just have to prepare yourself and your children for the best way to do that.

 

post a comment