Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Saturday, November 04, 2006

Friends

Last night as I was flipping through the channels to see what was on television, I came across a movie that I had not seen in years. A movie that shows the true meaning of friendship. That no matter what happens in your life, the trials and tribulations that friends go through, that we are always there for each other.

The movie that I watched and cried to was "Beaches".

As I sat and watched the movie, I thought of all my friends here in SP and those that I have here at home. I thought that if I were in Hillary Whitney's shoes who would stand by me? Who would be C. C. Bloom? If one of my friends were in Hillary's shoes, would I be C. C. Bloom? Would I be able to just drop my life to be with a friend who was dying or who needed me for any other reason?

As these questions ran through my mind, I can think of so many that I knew would be there if I were Hillary. I know that all I would have to do is make one phone call and they would be there. You know who you are.

Those same friends that I could call know that if they truly needed me that all they would have to do was call and I would be there for them.

Below is a song from the movie that I have always loved. I cry every time I hear it. I guess that yes, I am a softie... but I can't help it.


THE WIND BENEATH MY WINGS

It must have been cold there in my shadow,
to never have sunlight on your face.
You were content to let me shine, that's your way,
you always walked a step behind.
So I was the one with all the glory,
while you were the one with all the strength.
A beautiful face without a name -- for so long,
a beautiful smile to hide the pain.
CHORUS

Did you ever know that you're my hero,
and ev'rything I would like to be?
I can fly higher than an eagle,
'cause you are the wind beneath my wings.

It might have appeared to go unnoticed,
but I've got it all here in my heart.
I want you to know I know the truth, of course I know it,
I would be nothing with out you.
CHORUS
Did you ever know that you're my hero,
and ev'rything I would like to be?
I can fly higher than an eagle,
'cause you are the wind beneath my wings.

Fly, fly, fly away, you let me fly so high.
Oh, fly, fly, so high against the sky,
so high I almost touch the sky.
Thank you, thank you,
thank God for you,
the wind beneath my wings.
Thank God for each and every one of you... I love you all....
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 1:13 PM


Comments on ""

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11/04/2006 2:24 PM) : 

From the mind of Meribah:

There is nothing like a good friend. As Proverbs 18:24 says: a man that hath friends must show himself friendly, and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.

 

Blogger Coco said ... (11/05/2006 7:42 AM) : 

I love you, too, Dixie.

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (11/05/2006 12:55 PM) : 

SMOOCH--sniffle--smooch

Aww Dixie ya had to go and make me get all teary

I love you sugar

 

Blogger Angell said ... (11/06/2006 1:00 PM) : 

Aw Dix darling - the one movie that I cannot watch without my best friend being there.

I wubs you too baby.

*sniff sniff* Can someone pass the community snotrag?

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (11/06/2006 2:52 PM) : 

Wondering if C.C. can be a man too

 

post a comment