Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Friday, November 03, 2006


My Dad, My Brother


It has been 2 months today that my Dad passed away.


November 13, my older brother, my very best friend, passed away at the age of 43 from Diabetes. I miss him so. I find myself so many times going to the phone to call him when something happens. I don't know if this is normal or not after 8 years, but I do.
So here is a poem that I found for Daddy and Kim.....
You Taught Me How To Love You
author: Nicholas Gordon


You taught me how to love you
by The way that you loved me;
And by your unseen sustenance,
To see what you could see.
You gave to me through who you were
The gift of what I am.
Your pride in me is now my pride;
Your faith, my caravan.

Your life does not conclude with death,
Nor will it end with mine,
For all the lives I touch, you touch,
And so on through all time.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!
SMOOCH, GROPE & HUGS!
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 11:55 AM


Comments on ""

 

Blogger Maryfly said ... (11/03/2006 2:01 PM) : 

beautiful poem sweetie! hugs!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11/03/2006 3:30 PM) : 

From the mind of Meribah:

That was beautiful, Dixie! Thanks for sharing!

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (11/03/2006 4:58 PM) : 

We carry our loved ones with us all the time, every where we go.

Thanks for sharing that poem darlin.

**hugs**

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (11/03/2006 5:55 PM) : 

Thank you so much for sharing sweetie. It's a very beautiful poem.
I know what a difficult disease diabetes is to cope with. It robs people of so much.
Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.


Smooches and hugs!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11/03/2006 8:01 PM) : 

Wow - I love that poem. Thanks Dixie.

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (11/05/2006 12:56 PM) : 

Wow--thanks for sharing your feelings and such a sweet poem.

Love you sugar

 

Blogger I blinded you with Science! said ... (11/07/2006 2:04 AM) : 

Hi Honey;

Being lost in my own world, I did not know some of the pain you had been going through.

Hugs babe and keep that smile going.

Diana

 

post a comment