Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Wednesday, November 01, 2006

November is National Adoption Awareness Month and Hump Day Ramblings


There are many links out there for more information. For more information go to http://www.adoptioncouncil.org

Adoption is something that hits very close to home with me. My younger brother and I both were adopted as infants. I was 6 weeks old and he was 8 weeks old. We do not have the same biological parents.

Mother and Daddy never kept it from us that we were adopted. I can remember as a young child asking my Mother what it meant to be adopted. She would tell me that because my biological mother could not take care of me properly and give me all the love that she thought that I needed, that she gave me to a loving family who could give me all that she could not. She said that I was like the most beautiful rose in the garden and I was picked especially for her and Daddy.

I do have a lot of people ask me "Don't you want to find your parents?" My answer is "No, I know who my parents are. My parents are Kenneth and Dolores. Now they may not be my biological parents, but they are the parents who taught me all my morals. My parents are who gave me unconditional love. My parents are the ones who held me when I had a bad dream or spanked my rear end or grounded me when I did something wrong. That's who my parents are.

My parents never showed any difference between my older brother, me or my younger brother. The loved us all the same. Kim, my older brother, was my parents biological child. After he was born, Mother was told that she could not have any more children. She and Daddy wanted more. So they chose the road to adoption. I'm so glad they did.

This was written by a Hospice of Metro Denver physician. I received this e-mail for Duckles and wanted to share it with y'all.

I just had one of the most amazing experiences of my life, and wanted to share it with my family and dearest friends:

I was driving home from a meeting this evening about 5, stuck in traffic on Colorado Blvd., and the car started to choke and splutter and die - I barely managed to coast, cruising, into a gas station, glad only that I would not be blocking traffic and would have a somewhat warm spot to wait for the tow truck. It wouldn't even turn over.

Before I could make the call, I saw a woman walking out of the "quickie mart" building, and it looked like she slipped on some ice and fell into a Gas pump, so I got out to see if she was okay.

When I got there, it looked more like she had been overcome by sobs than that she had fallen; she was a young woman who looked really haggard with dark circles under her eyes. She dropped something as I helped her up, and I picked it up to give it to her. It was a nickel.

At that moment, everything came into focus for me: the crying woman, the ancient Suburban crammed full of stuff with 3 kids in the back (1 in a car seat), and the gas pump reading $4.95.

I asked her if she was okay and if she needed help, and she just kept saying "I don't want my kids to see me crying," so we stood on the other side of the pump from her car. She said she was driving to California and that things were very hard for her right now.

So I asked, "And you were praying?" That made her back away from me a little, but I assured her I was not a crazy person and said, "He heard you, and He sent me."

I took out my card and swiped it through the card reader on the pump so she could fill up her car completely, and while it was fueling, walked to the next door McDonald's and bought 2 big bags of food, some gift certificates for more, and a big cup of coffee. She gave the food to the kids in the car, who attacked it like wolves, and we stood by the pump eating fries and talking a little.

She told me her name, and that she lived in Kansas City. Her boyfriend left 2 months ago and she had not been able to make ends meet. She knew she wouldn't have money to pay rent Jan 1, and finally in desperation had finally called her parents, with whom she had not spoken in about 5 years. They lived in California and said she could come live with them and try to get on her feet there. So she packed up everything she owned in the car She told the kids they were going to California for Christmas, but not that they were going to live there.

I gave her my gloves, a little hug and said a quick prayer with her for safety on the road.

As I was walking over to my car, she said, "So, are you like an angel or something?" This definitely made me cry.

I said, "Sweetie, at this time of year angels are really busy, so sometimes God uses regular people."

It was so incredible to be a part of someone else's miracle. And of course, you guessed it, when I got in my car it started right away and got me home with no problem.

I'll put it in the shop tomorrow to check, but I suspect the mechanic won't find anything wrong.

Isn't it funny how God puts people at the right place and the right time. Makes ya wonder, doesn't it?


I have found a mirror and I want to know where to get this. Can someone please help me out. Here is what it looks like? I have looked everywhere, but no luck.



(don't you wish it was this easy, I do) ;-)

SMOOCH, GROPE, HUGS & RUBS!


FYI - After 3 e-mails sent to Mr. Hoity Pants, as Anndi called him, I still haven't heard one single word from him. What an arrogant pompous ass!
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 9:07 AM


Comments on ""

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11/01/2006 2:33 PM) : 

Oh man! I'm now a blubbering idiot!! Loved the story!!

Obviously I'm big on adoption!!

hugs, smooches and gropes!!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11/01/2006 6:23 PM) : 

I had no idea, Dixie! I love your comeback though - they are your parents. After all, they raised you!

Love the picture and who is Mr. Hoity Pants?

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (11/01/2006 6:48 PM) : 

Yes Dana... they are my parents... just because they are not my biological parents doesn't make a hill of beans.

Oh Mr. Hoity Pants... Go to yesterday's post. I posted and gave the appropriate credit about The Bell Witch. Mr. Hoity Pants got all bent out of shape so I had to dump it. He's was such a pompous ass... Actually, I should have dumped the entire blog and written it about rude people.

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (11/01/2006 7:37 PM) : 

Dixie: I think I knew..but I might not have...you are very lucky..but your parents are even luckier...they selected one incredible young woman...
I always wonder if these stories are true or just written by someone from their mind...I guess it does not matter, as they teach a lesson we all need to remember.

See, my mirror shows me as a 26 year old with much more black then grey...and about 25 less pounds...When you come to visit, I will tell you where I got it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11/02/2006 7:07 AM) : 

Great Stories!

(not sure what i would do with that reflection though ?!)

go wings

 

Blogger Julie said ... (11/02/2006 8:48 AM) : 

Hmmm about that mirror?

I think I'll go to the store that sells awesome ladies clothing and rip it off their dressing room wall. I ALWAYS look better in THEIR mirrors than mine!

The store is...Petite Sophisticates!

What a marketing technique!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11/02/2006 3:09 PM) : 

I wish there were more people like the person in the story. I have come across a few in my life.

Once (true story honest) a few years ago before the wee one was born I was broke. Yes more broke than I am now, and I had no more money for a metrocard (a subway card). I didn't know what I was going to do, I just used my last swipe. I walked out of the train station to get my son and this man stopped me. He said, "Would you like this metrocard? It has $7.00 on it." I told him I could not give him the money for it so no thanks, he said "No here take it." He gave it to me and walked away. So I have had the pleasure of an angel on earth.

And I didn't know you were adopted. Wow the things we learn. Hey, I figured it out. Maybe your biounits are black! LOL!

 

Blogger Angell said ... (11/06/2006 1:07 PM) : 

*sniff sniff*

What is it with you SP'ers and your beautiful stories? I'm blubbering like an idiot today and my boss wants to know why.

This is what I get for catching up all in one day.

Lee hon, you are truly an angel, and a lovelier one I have yet to meet.

PS - put me on the waiting list for one of those mirrors - hell, I'll take two (one for the rear view)

 

post a comment