Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Tuesday, November 07, 2006


Election Day 2006 and a little dog funny

It's that time again to exercise you right to vote. So make take that few minutes out of your day and go to the polls and vote.

I am a firm believer in exercising my right to vote. I feel that if I don't vote, then I can't complain about what goes on in our govertment because I didn't have a say. Now the person I voted for may not have been elected to office, but since I did exercise that right, I can complain.

An Election Day prayer that I received in an e-mail from b.fava....

Dear God,
We place the United States and the process of these elections in Your hands. Across America, decisions will be made between opposing points of view and choices will be made between candidates for public office. Pour Your spirit upon us. We seek Your will for this land and for the whole world. May justice, mercy, peace, love and hope guide the decisions we make. May making the best possible choices be our collected intention and experience. We know that in You, we are One. So be it. Amen


TO: GOD: FROM: THE DOG

Dear God: Why do humans smell the flowers, but seldom, if ever, smell one another?

Dear God: When we get to heaven, can we sit on your couch? Or is it still the same old story?

Dear God: Why are there cars named after the jaguar, the cougar, the mustang, the colt, the stingray, and the rabbit, but not ONE named for a dog? How often do you see a cougar riding around? We do love a nice ride! Would it be so hard to rename the "Chrysler Eagle" the " Chrysler Beagle"?

Dear God: If a dog barks his head off in the forest and no human hears him, is he still a bad dog?

Dear God: We dogs can understand human verbal instructions, hand signals, whistles, horns, clickers, beepers, scent ID's, electromagnetic energy fields, and Frisbee flight paths. What do humans understand?

Dear God: More meatballs, less spaghetti, please.

Dear God: Are there mailmen in Heaven? If there are, will I have to apologize?

Dear God: Let me give you a list of just some of the things I must remember to be a good dog.

1. I will not eat the cats' food before they eat it or after they throw it up.
2. I will not roll on dead seagulls, fish, crabs, etc., just because I like the way they smell.
3 I will not munch on "leftovers" in the kitty litter box, although they are tasty.
4. The diaper pail is not a cookie jar.
5. The sofa is not a 'face towel'. Neither are Mom and Dad's laps.
6. The garbage collector is not stealing our stuff.
7. My head does not belong in the refrigerator.
8. I will not bite the officer' s hand when he reaches in for Mom's driver's license and registration.
9. I will not play tug-of-war with Dad's underwear when he's on the toilet.
10. Sticking my nose into someone's crotch is an unacceptable way of saying "hello".
11. I don't need to suddenly stand straight up when I'm under the coffee table.
12. I must shake the rainwater out of my fur before entering the house - not after.
13. I will not throw up in the car.
14. I will not come in from outside and immediately drag my butt.
15. I will not sit in the middle of the living room and lick my crotch when we have company.
16. The cat is not a 'squeaky toy' so when I play with him and he makes that noise, it's usually not a good thing.

And, finally, My last two questions . .

Dear God: Why do humans only have 10 Commandments and dogs have 16?

P.S. Dear God: When I get to Heaven may I have my testicles back?

Love y'all!

SMOOCH, HUG & GROPE

Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 9:48 AM


Comments on ""

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (11/07/2006 12:12 PM) : 

That is so funny! OMG LOLOLOL

I waited over an hour to vote. That's a good thing!

SMOOCH

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11/07/2006 4:37 PM) : 

From the mind of Meribah:

Wait...sniffing crotches and scrubbing my butt across the carpet are NOT acceptable practices???? Uh oh....LOL
Okay, I knew cats were not squeak toys...but squeezing Damm ducks is still fine, right? Right???? I NEED TO KNOW, PEOPLE!!! LOL

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (11/07/2006 7:18 PM) : 

Too funny!!

I voted after work.

 

Blogger Coco said ... (11/07/2006 10:02 PM) : 

The "dogness" of dogs is what makes them so danged loveable. Even when they're being bad, how can you resist them?

Hope the voting went well.

 

Blogger Julie said ... (11/07/2006 11:19 PM) : 

Any dog jokes are great with me.
***pets sweet Chloe dog***

 

Blogger Julie said ... (11/07/2006 11:20 PM) : 

Oh Oh Oh I voted too!!!

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (11/08/2006 3:56 AM) : 

Of COURSE ducks are squeezable! Just make sure they are over their pneumonia and don't cough up anything gross on you.

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (11/08/2006 9:17 AM) : 

Funny dog thing.

 

post a comment