Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Thursday, November 09, 2006



Yup, yup.. I'm doing it too.... Thanks for the wonderful idea Bond... ok... so here goes...

1. I am a Capricorn. Yes, I do like the simple things in life. No, I don't really care about status symbols and my cloths can come from any old store. My car really isn't expensive. I do try to make people laugh... don't know if I've mastered it yet, but maybe someday. Yes, I most definately can keep a straight face when necessary and heck yeah I can be real sarcastic. I share the same sign with some famous people... Kevin Costner, Mel Gibson, Annie Lenox, Jimmy Page and David Bowie, just to name a few.

2. I was a cheerleader in high school. Yup, a cheerleader from my freshman year to my senior year. Of course, I was a lot thinner and was able to contort my body in all kinds of positions. Get your mind out of the gutter guys.... ;-) Couldn't do it now if my life depended on it.

3. I have never broken a bone in my body. I say this now and watch out...

4. Have never been in jail.. although I should have been. At the age of 22, I was pulled over by a small town cop "Barney Fife". Now remember this was during the time when men posing a cops and were pulling over women and raping them.... Why was I pulled over... because I had been drinking at the bar, on my way home, had to pee, pulled behind a row of stores to relieve myself, he saw me pulling out and decided to follow me. I had a 6 pack of beer in the car. One that I was drinking on, and the other 5 in the passengers seat. It was the dead of winter, I only had on a skimpy dress and it was COLD. I threw the 5 unopened ones in the back seat, threw my coat over them and the one I was drinking I shoved under the drivers seat. Yup, you guess it... field sobriety was given, My field sobriety was saying my ABC's .... everytime I would get to "P" I would forget what was next "Q"... did this 3 times... I failed, didn't go to jail, should have, but didn't... used the excuse about it being cold and I didn't know if he was a real cop or not. He let me go... he knew my Daddy.. I didn't know him...

5. I am spoiled.. Yup, a spoiled rotten brat. I was the only daughter/granddaughter growing up. As a child I was spoiled by my Daddy and my Grandfather... now Tony... If there is anything that I want, within reason, I get it.... I said within reason...

6. Christmas is my favorite holiday. I love to decorate for the holiday. I love all the family togetherness and the true meaning of Christmas.

7. I have an ex-husband who I would LOVE for Bruno and a couple of his business partners to visit. Yeah, you knew this one....

8. I have always, even as a small child, wanted to be an Registered Nurse. My ex-husband shot that dream right in the foot. I'm to old now.. couldn't pass the entrance exam if my life depended on it.

9. I am obsessed with food. I absolutely love to eat. I don't eat because I'm hungry, I eat just to be eating. I will try almost anything... I said ALMOST anything... LMOO

10. I despise commercials on TV. Just when a show is getting really, really good... cut to a freakin commercial... can't they just put them either at the beginning or the very end....

11. I hate getting a busy signal. When I call somebody I absolutely despise getting a freakin busy signal. Hello World.... there is a such thing as Call Waiting... get it!!!!

12. At the age of 31, I was diagnosed with Uterine Cancer... one year after my daughter was born, I went for my check up... came back a 5... had a recheck... came back a 5... had a partial hysterectomy... all cancer was contained in my uterus... no chemo, no radiation necessary... a true blessing.

13. I am terrified of frogs. Yup, those little green harmless creatures that gives you warts... TERRIFIED. Actually, I'm terrified of anything small that can jump on you.

Well folks there you have it. Love you all!

Smooch, Grope & Hugs!
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 12:01 PM


Comments on ""

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11/09/2006 12:41 PM) : 

I'm with you on #6.

When you're done with Bruon (#7) tell him to call me!

Sorry to hear about #12, but yes a true blessing.

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (11/09/2006 12:48 PM) : 

I will be sure to have Bruno call you... it would benefit us, wouldn't it??? LMOO ;-)

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (11/09/2006 1:21 PM) : 

Reminding myself never to come dressed as 'Kermit' to a Halloween party. I knew a bunch! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO--
Smooch!

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (11/09/2006 1:54 PM) : 

RIBBIT!

Knew some of this, not #12...so sorry darlin'

Bruno is on call anytime you need...

RIBBIT!

hey i am small and can jump on you...you afraid of me?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11/09/2006 2:16 PM) : 

From the mind of Meribah:

Wow, learning lots of stuff about my friends today! I don't mind commercials (can take potty breaks then), but I'm with yuh on busy signals! Grrrr.
Aww, you don't like frogs??? I think they're cute! I still like to try and catch 'em if I can! LOL Of course, I don't do anything with 'em, just like to hold 'em for a bit, then let 'em go! Yup, you guessed it, I was a tomboy as a kid! LOL

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (11/09/2006 2:23 PM) : 

Please Turn.. not Kermit.. I don't like him either.. LMOO

Vinny...I know that Bruno is on call 24/7... and you ain't that small... LMOO

Ummmm Meri... you are just like Kaitlin... she likes to catch them too... remind me to tell you about the frogs she brought into my house... dang kid... LMOO

 

Blogger I blinded you with Science! said ... (11/09/2006 3:42 PM) : 

Honey,

Having dealt with so many people in the medical field both as a family member and as a medical person myself, I see that you would be a great nurse. Nurses are entering the field at all ages. Why would you deny yourself something that you want to do? You are going to live the life anyway, you should have fun doing what you love to do,

 

Blogger Peg said ... (11/09/2006 4:16 PM) : 

Hey, I've never broken a bone either! *knocks fervently on wood*

And I don't know Bruno, but um...when he's done with your ex, could we send him up here to 'meet' with my husband's ex? ;-D

Thanks for stopping by my blog! And, BTW, I want one of those mirrors you feature down below.

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (11/09/2006 10:58 PM) : 

So you can't drop the thing about being a contortionist cheerleader and expect my mind not to get lost in the gutter!!

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (11/10/2006 2:10 PM) : 

Peg, belive me, when Bruno is finished with my ex, I will send him your way. If you need somebody sooner, I can call Nicky or Antonio for you.. ;-)

Oh those mirrors... when I find one, I will definately let you know. We could make a fortune with those... LMOO

 

Blogger Gail said ... (11/10/2006 4:16 PM) : 

mu *ribbit* ah...sorry, frog in my throat...

LOL.

I love ya Lynn baby

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11/10/2006 7:00 PM) : 

My mom is scared to death of frogs too!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11/10/2006 11:56 PM) : 

Great post..THanks for sharing yourself with us this week

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (11/11/2006 4:50 PM) : 

*screams @ Gail* I just knew there was a frog somewhere... LMOO

Dana, I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one scared of frogs...Kaitlin thinks I'm crazy.

Your very welcome Amy...

SMOOCHES to everyone!

 

Blogger Julie said ... (11/11/2006 7:40 PM) : 

Interesting little tibits honey!!

I can't understand why people don't have call waiting too.....such a small expense for people who like to yak!!

 

post a comment