Dixie's - Heart and Soul: Past, Present and a few other things

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Thursday, January 03, 2008

Past, Present and a few other things

Ok, so what were you doing in the past? What are you doing in the present?

Ten years ago: I was 33 and very unhappily married with a 9 year old son and a beautiful 3 year old daughter. I was having some major health problems. I was diagnosed with cancer, but by the grace of God it was all contained in one area and didn’t have to have any treatments.

Five years ago: I was still unhappily married! That was when I found out that the jerk was having an affair and I thought my life was ending.

Three years ago: I fell in love with the most wonderful man that I will spend the rest of my life with. I knew then that my life had just begun!

Yesterday: Work. Went home, cooked supper, babied my sickly daughter, crawled into bed with my sugar pie and fell asleep.

Today: Work, but tomorrow TGIF!!!!! … yippee…. Yes, I know I've been off work for two weeks but come on now... I got spoiled during that time. I got to take my naps... ;-)

Tomorrow: Work... again... then coming home and settling in for a peaceful but busy weekend. I must get my house cleaned this weekend. Matt's room is still in a shambles. I don't like to clean it too soon after he leaves because his smell is still in there.

Five snacks I enjoy:

Reeses Cups
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Doritos
Nutty Buddies
Snickers Ice Cream bars

Five bands/artists that I know the lyrics of MOST of their songs:

Lynyrd Skynyrd
The Eagles
Bob Seger and The Silver Bullet Band
Aerosmith
Elton John

Five things I would do with $100,000,000:

Give to my church.
Remodel our home.
Pay off my bills!
Give to family and friends.
Put away in savings.

Five locations I’d like to run away to:

Hawaii
The Mountains
Disney World
Cancun Mexico
Switzerland

Five things I like doing:

Blogging
Cooking
Shopping
Yard work
Being with my family

Five things I wish I could wear:

A bikini
Daisy Dukes (yeah, I wore these as a teenager, too old now)
Skinny jeans
A mini skirt
Stilletos

Five TV shows I like:

CSI (all of them)
Deal or No Deal
Biggest Loser
Law and Order (all of them)
American Idol

Five Movies:

The Pursuit of Happyness
Animal House
Hairspray
A Christmas Story
Slingblade

Five famous people I’d like to meet:

All my blogging friends (yes you are famous)
Oprah Winfrey
Dr. Maya Angelo
President Ronald Reagan(yes I know he's deceased, but would have loved to meet him)
Denzel Washington

Five biggest joys at the moment:

My children
My family
I'm healthy!
My Blogging Buddies
My Marine Moms Group

Five favorite toys:

Tony (hehehehehe)
My computer
My digital camera
My car… oh yeah I love my Mustang
Oh, did I mention Tony??

SMOOCHES~
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 5:30 PM


Comments on "Past, Present and a few other things"

 

Blogger Sandee said ... (1/03/2008 5:41 PM) : 

Ha, when I did this meme I put Zane down as one of my five favorite toys too. Yep, we are in love alright. Very well done. I'm glad that you are finally happy Dixie. It's a wonderful thing isn't it? Big hug. :)

 

Blogger Linda said ... (1/03/2008 8:47 PM) : 

It is so wonderful that your life took a turn from bad into truly wonderful. I'm so happy for you!

Enjoy your weekend and make sure you get a nap or two in! Naps should be reserved for adults as children just don't appreciate them at all!

 

Blogger RW said ... (1/03/2008 10:36 PM) : 

I would to run away to Hawaii right now lol! its gotta be a lot warmer there :D

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1/04/2008 5:30 AM) : 

Ain't love grand! Hope your baby is feeling better...

Hugs!
:-D)

 

Blogger Schmoop said ... (1/04/2008 7:20 AM) : 

Mmmmmmmmm. You had me at "Doritos". Cheers!!

 

Blogger Desert Songbird said ... (1/04/2008 10:13 AM) : 

Matt-Man IS a Dorito - a crispy chip that tends to flake apart. Bwahahaha!

I listed my hubby as a favorite toy when I did this meme, too.

 

Blogger the Book of Keira said ... (1/04/2008 10:24 AM) : 

Dix, we have a lot of the same favorite's in common you and I :-)

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (1/04/2008 4:31 PM) : 

The puppy is glad that there is NOTHING she can't wear...except stilettos, cuz she would SO fall down in those!
Hmmm, a "boy toy" sounds like fun...maybe the puppy should get herself one! LOL :P

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (1/05/2008 6:35 AM) : 

Animal House and A Christmas Story... WOOOO Reeses Peanut Butter Cups YUM...
Being Healthy YEA Baby

 

Blogger Julie said ... (1/05/2008 12:07 PM) : 

This is a cool meme Dixie!

We have lots of the same fav toys too....umm not Tony...but well..you see..

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1/10/2008 1:33 PM) : 

WOO! A new meme for me to steal!

 

Blogger katherine. said ... (1/10/2008 6:52 PM) : 

you must really like your boy-toy cause you listed him TWICE!

 

post a comment