Dixie's - Heart and Soul: This is for the soliders

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Tuesday, December 11, 2007

This is for the soliders



Stand with IAVA (Iraq and Afghanistan Vetrans of America) and Drowning Pool and sign the petition. Message below is from the website this is for the soldiers.org

1.5 million people have served in Iraq and Afghanistan. Almost one-third of them will have a serious mental health problem – like depression, or Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. That’s why I’m supporting IAVA and Drowning Pool’s “This is For the Soldiers” campaign to make sure the mental health needs of our troops are a top priority.

We know you’re a strong supporter of the troops. You co-sponsored the crucial Lane Evans bill, which would get veterans the counseling and support they need. But without your leadership, this bill will continue to just sit in committee.

We hope you’ll join us and bring this bill before the committee. With your help, we can get this bill moving and get troops the care they deserve.

Do y'all remember back in the spring when I wrote about the homeless man at the Sonic in Pulaski? My post Remembrance that I did on May 10th. Please go back and read if you haven't already.

If something is not done then I'm afraid this is what will happen to our brave men and women who are fighting for our freedom so that we may all sleep peacefully at night. For my son, who has not yet to experience the sand box, and I pray that he doesn't... but if he should have to then I pray that God will hold him ever so tightly and bring him back home safe, as I pray for all the other brave men and women's very safe return.

Please sign the petition. This is the least we can do for them as they are doing so much more for us.

They are giving the ultimate sacrifice.
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 8:42 AM


Comments on "This is for the soliders"

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (12/11/2007 12:44 PM) : 

It's wonderful that you posted this.. I'm so proud of my sis!

SMOOCH

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (12/11/2007 1:45 PM) : 

DONE... OH and check out the right sidebar...

hehehehehehehe


Without even being asked!

 

Blogger the Book of Keira said ... (12/11/2007 1:48 PM) : 

Dean-o came home from Iraq with severe depressive disorder. It's awful on him :(

 

Blogger RW said ... (12/11/2007 7:50 PM) : 

I sign'er Dixie!

 

Blogger Sarge Charlie said ... (12/11/2007 8:15 PM) : 

thanks dixie

 

Blogger Julie said ... (12/11/2007 9:06 PM) : 

Very very good Dixie! You have so much information about this type of stuff. Good for you.

 

Blogger Schmoop said ... (12/12/2007 7:56 AM) : 

Consider it signed. Cheers Dixie!!

 

post a comment