Dixie's - Heart and Soul: Christmas Meme

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Monday, December 10, 2007

Christmas Meme

It's Monday, a damp, dreary day in the great State of Tennessee. All I want to do is be at home in bed asleep. I just want to do nothing but sleep on days like this. So I stole this Christmas Meme from Just Tug ... for when I'm in one of these moods... 'tis the season!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper for everything square - gift bags for everything else.

2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial...it's just.easier.

3. When do you put up the tree? the day after Thanksgiving

4. When do you take the tree down? the day after Christmas

5. Do you like eggnog? Nope... that's just EWWWWWWWWWWWW

6. Favorite gift received as a child? I got what was on my list every year...so I guess all of them?

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes...it's a ceramic set. It was my grandmothers.

8. Hardest person to buy for? Well, this year it's going to be Matt. What do you get a Marine?

9. Easiest person to buy for? Kaitlin... cloths, cloths and more cloths

10. Worst Christmas gift ever received? I don't know that I've ever received a bad one...

11. Mail or email Christmas card? When I remember to put them in the mail, I'll mail them... otherwise it's an e-card

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Story. "You'll shoot your eye out, kid."

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? As soon as possible. Usually on Black Friday.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Shameful to say but Yes...

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? All the homemade foods.

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Colored on the tree. White everywhere else.

17. Favorite Christmas song? This is tough - I LOVE Christmas music. My most favorite is "O Holy Night"

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay at home. There's no place like home.

19. Can you name Santa's reindeers? Ummmm let's see... There's Dasher, Dancer, Donner, Blizten, Comet, Cupid, Vixen, Prancer and the most famous of all Rudolph! Yup, guess I can... and NO I DIDN'T LOOK!!

20. Do you have an Angel on top or a star? I have an angel.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Growing up, we always opened them Christmas morning. I carried this tradition on with my family. We open gifts at Mom's on Christmas Day too.

22. Most annoying thing(s) about this time of year? Some one saying "I got you something for Christmas" and you hardly know this person. You then feel obligated to get them a gift too.

Anyone else want to play along?? Let me know, I'd love to read it!
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 9:10 AM


Comments on "Christmas Meme"

 

Blogger Schmoop said ... (12/10/2007 9:27 AM) : 

I concur, eggnog is hideous. Cheers and have a great day!!

 

Blogger Sandee said ... (12/10/2007 10:35 AM) : 

What Matt-Man said. I so hate your last question too. I just don't buy them anything. They are just setting you up for a gift. Not biting. Have a great day Dixie. Hugs.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12/10/2007 10:38 AM) : 

I would play, but as I got tagged for something else...which honey I am taggin' you for too (see my blog)...I am sorry.
I don't like egg nog either and agree about that last question also...gifts should be given from the heart...and if someone does that to me now, I say thank you, how kind...but I don't go reciprocate the gift. Hard lesson to learn but you have to.
Happy Monday, I actually have 2 posts....new book review out on my book blog also.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12/10/2007 10:53 AM) : 

Hey, I'm borrowing (ahem) this for my post tomorrow!

HO!HO!HO!
0<]:-D)}

 

Blogger Sarge Charlie said ... (12/10/2007 1:38 PM) : 

so when will matt be home?

 

Blogger Tug said ... (12/10/2007 1:57 PM) : 

Dang, we DO have a lot in common! That last one gets to me, too...but I'm trying to JUST.STOP. ;-)

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (12/10/2007 7:42 PM) : 

I'm two memes down and in danger of dungeon time.

Smooch!

 

Blogger Julie said ... (12/10/2007 8:04 PM) : 

I like a little eggnog with my rum!

 

Blogger RW said ... (12/10/2007 9:32 PM) : 

Hey Dixie I got you somthing for Christmas lol jk great answers!!

 

Blogger Angell said ... (12/11/2007 9:27 AM) : 

Great answers Dix!!

I'm gonna play too!!

 

Blogger Linda said ... (12/11/2007 3:31 PM) : 

"Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?" EVERYTHING!! Well, except for fruitcake, that is!

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (12/11/2007 6:55 PM) : 

I love A Christmas Story! I try to watch it every year (which is not that difficult as it is always on sometime during the season). And I SO agree with your response to the last question. Gifts should not have to be an obligation, but I'm afraid that is what Christmas giving has come down to now. Anyway, hope y'all have a great Christmas! :)

 

post a comment