Dixie's - Heart and Soul: My Elfing Family and a few rambling thoughts

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Friday, December 07, 2007

My Elfing Family and a few rambling thoughts


From my family to yours
click here

I stole this from Tisha at Crazy Working Mom . This absolutely hilarious! Just try it. Thanks Tisha! ;-)

Then I went over to Roger @ Idaho Daily Photo and asked him where the Marine Corps balls were? ;-) That didn't sound right... but anyway.... I opened my e-mail this morning and here is what he sent... absolutely beautiful. Thank you Roger...

Oh how I would LOVE to have a few of these balls on my tree.

So what are you doing this weekend? Me, well I am going to try and finish my Christmas shopping.

Since Matt doesn't have a permanent duty station and will be in training until mid March or so I haven't a clue as to what and get him. I do have him some civilian cloths and there is nothing at home he can wear. But what else should I get him? Any suggestions?

Kaitlin is pretty simple really. Cloths, cloths and more cloths. A gift card from Bath & Body Works and maybe a few more stores. I know she would like those.

Tony, well, I have NO CLUE again! Anything with Memphis Tigers or Memphis Grizzlies or Tennessee Titans will do.

One of my favorite Christmas songs is "I'll be home for Christmas". Last night when I picked Kaitlin up from gymnastics I heard the Josh Groban version. I burst into tears. If y'all haven't heard it yet let this be a warning... you will cry.

Kaitlin said..

"Mom, Matt will be home this year, don't cry."

I said...

"Yes, honey I know he will be home and I'm so very, very thankful. But you have to realize that there are so many that won't be home."

So let's continue to remember our troops. The brave men and women who are giving the utlimate sacrifice so that we all can sleep peacefully at night.

Don't forgt to click on the airplane and sign the petition. Thank you Vinny for the link!

I'm going to buy his new Christmas CD today. I loves me some Josh Groban anyway.

Have a great weekend all!

SMOOCHES~

Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 8:25 AM


Comments on "My Elfing Family and a few rambling thoughts"

 

Blogger Schmoop said ... (12/07/2007 9:30 AM) : 

Have a great weekend Dixie and enjoy your big ball. Cheers!!

 

Blogger RW said ... (12/07/2007 9:41 AM) : 

It was a pleasure to make it for you Dixie & my thanks to Matt!

 

Blogger Julie said ... (12/07/2007 10:03 AM) : 

*leers at Roger*

How many more times do I have to whine about not being balled by you?

I saw a Josh Grobin special on some PBS special recently....he is adorable!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12/07/2007 10:22 AM) : 

The marines have big balls! *grin*

Enjoy the holidays! I got me a Christmas CD the other day at Target... Linda (Are We There Yet?) introduced me to Trans Siberian Orchestra...

Oops! Gotta scoot. Got lunch with my buddy Dorothy Claire in a few.

Hugs!
Lois
:-D)

 

Blogger Sarge Charlie said ... (12/07/2007 10:25 AM) : 

Check my sidebar, have a great holiday with your hero.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12/07/2007 10:59 AM) : 

Darling Dixie Sweet Cheeks as I told someone else who turned her family into elves....get down, get funky you elf you!!!

I would be careful about whom you ask for balls though, you know some of these guys and the ideas they would get.
I would love a nice Marine corp ornament to give my father.

Have a great weekend!!!!!

 

Blogger katherine. said ... (12/07/2007 11:58 AM) : 

the other night my Mama and I were talking about the few times we were not able to be together for Christmas. I know they were very difficult for her.

Make sure you tell Matt how much we all love his balls....laughing...

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (12/07/2007 12:09 PM) : 

I feel odd staring at my nephew's balls....

Isn't Roger a darling?

I'll be Christmas shopping this weekend too. I'll need all my patience I can feel it. Maybe I'll go and sit on Santa's lap for a bit (got something I want to ask him for...);)

 

Blogger Sandee said ... (12/07/2007 3:06 PM) : 

Love the elves, but not as much as I love Roger. Roger ROCKS. Beautiful Dixie. Have a great day sweetie. Smooches to you. :)

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (12/07/2007 3:23 PM) : 

Nice balls...

Yeah, I hear that all the time too!

SMOOCHES for a wonderful weekend Sugarbaby

 

Blogger The Mrs. said ... (12/07/2007 6:32 PM) : 

Good luck coming up with gift ideas. Girls and so much easier then boys. Lucky me I have only boys to shop for. Dont feel bad the Josh Grobin Ill be Home for Christmas made me a little weepy too!

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (12/07/2007 6:48 PM) : 

Where are the Marines' balls? Why they're hung under the boughs of course! Hehehehehehehe! :P
I don't know what I'll be doing this weekend. Maybe I'll go shopping; I've still got a few more gifts to get. Hope your weekend is enjoyable! :)

 

Blogger Linda said ... (12/07/2007 7:12 PM) : 

Leave it to the Marines to have an eagle on their balls!

"I'll Be Home for Christmas" has probably made me cry more than any other Christmas song out there, especially the times when I was in the military and couldn't get home for Christmas. You just seem to miss home the most then.

I think I am finally going to do some decorating this weekend as Jamie will be home a week from Tuesday and I want to make sure I have some sort of decorations up! I went Christmas shopping with my Mom today but didn't buy a darned thing - though I did get some ideas! Good luck to you with it!

 

Blogger Desert Songbird said ... (12/07/2007 8:32 PM) : 

Everyone's got their balls hanging out.

Sheesh.

 

Blogger the Book of Keira said ... (12/07/2007 8:50 PM) : 

So many jokes about ballls...LOL.

I'm glad you'll be seeing Matt for Christmas. Give them kiddos hugs for us :-)

 

Blogger Crazy Working Mom said ... (12/07/2007 9:14 PM) : 

Hah! Looks great, Dixie. :)

CrAzY Working Mom

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (12/08/2007 2:11 PM) : 

Great ornament!

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (12/09/2007 12:26 AM) : 

I don't know Sugarbaby--it seems perfectly normal for you to be asking about the balls ;-)

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12/10/2007 6:36 PM) : 

You got elfed :D

 

post a comment