Dixie's - Heart and Soul: That will be Miss Dixie Sweet Cheeks to you ... ;-)

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Wednesday, December 05, 2007

That will be Miss Dixie Sweet Cheeks to you ... ;-)








Your Elf Name Is...







Dixie Sweet Cheeks





How did little fellow know me so well? Yesterday I was nice and now he called me Dixie Sweet Cheeks....

Now I've got something that I need to tell you. I mentioned in the comments box over at Sandee's place... you know that wonderful lady at Comedy Plus.

Anywho ... she was giving a shout out for The Mo Show, which by the way is every Wedensday at 7:00 pm Eastern time.... ok I'll get on with my story... titled "HO HO HO or Bah Humbug" and I just happen to mention that I found some money at the gas station Wednesday morning.

So as Paul Harvey would say ... and now the rest of the story...

I got up on Wednesday morning with only $40 in my wallet. I knew that I had to give Kaitlin $20 for school lunches and I needed gas in the car, which would be the other $20. I really didn't want to ask Tony for any money... I don't like asking him... even though he would give it to me.

So I kissed him bye and told him that I would see him at work. Yes, he and I work together but it's Wednesday and he has choir practice and bible study so I usually drive.

Ok, ok, ok ... I'll get on with it...

As I'm driving the 1/2 block to the store I'm thinking to myself... ok, I can put $15.00 worth of gas in the car, which isn't much and still have $5.00 to eat on today. Tomorrow is payday so I should be ok. That is exactly what I had planned to do.

I pull up to the gas pump, turn off my car, open my wallet, pull out the $20, look in the change part to see how much change I had, just so I can get a coke, get out of the car and proceed to walk into the store to pay before I pump.

I make about 4 steps and something caught my eye. I look down and see something that looks like money. It's folded three times so it's very thin, I bend down, pick it up, open one fold and see that it's a $100. I immediately fold it back and stick it in my coat pocket. I put the entire $20 in my gas tank.

As I walk back to my car, I look up and I thanked God for my blessing. For I know that it just wasn't an accident that the $100 was laying on the ground. There is no telling how many people had walked by that and didn't see it.

Should I have told the girl working in the store what I found? Should I have given it to her to keep just in case somebody came back looking for it? What would she have done if she had found it? She would have done the very exact same thing I did. Pocketed it...

Which reminds me of a time at the Mid-South Fair in Memphis... long story short

Matt and I were standing at a lemonade stand. There was a lady behind us and she tapped me on the shoulder. She says to me...

"Ma'am, did you drop this $50?

my response, and I'm still kicking myself for it today...

"No, it's' not mine."

So what does this bright lady do... she hands it to the carney and tells him that she found it on the ground and that she was giving it to him in case somebody came back looking for it.

What did the carney do with the $50? The exact same thing that I did with the $100 this morning.

Actually though, the carney probably needed the $50 worse than me. All things happen for a reason.

So that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 2:40 PM


Comments on "That will be Miss Dixie Sweet Cheeks to you ... ;-)"

 

Blogger Linda said ... (12/05/2007 8:35 PM) : 

Could you ask the Lord to drop a hundred dollar bill or two in front of me? I could really use it right now!

I consider myself lucky if I find a quarter on the ground!

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (12/05/2007 8:52 PM) : 

Last year my Elf name was Furry Blinking Bum. This year it's Minty CAKE!

 

Blogger Julie said ... (12/05/2007 9:40 PM) : 

Okay....why on earth would my elf name be "Ditzy Helper"? Geeez!

I think I would have done the same thing my dear!

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (12/05/2007 10:41 PM) : 

Holly Snowballer

LOLOLOL

Sugarbaby--you just needed that $100--the world is a funny place.

Smooch

 

Blogger Schmoop said ... (12/06/2007 5:32 AM) : 

Give me ten bucks and I shall never speak of this incident. Cheers!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12/06/2007 1:03 PM) : 

I bend over for pennies...Oh, wait... I don't like the way that sounded...ahem... well, you know what I mean. LOL!

:-D)

P.S. Things happen in random that give us faith.

 

Blogger Sandee said ... (12/06/2007 1:43 PM) : 

Well, all I know is you needed the $$$.$$ and you got it. I would have done the same thing you did. Have a great day Dixie. :)

 

Blogger Lisa @ The Plain-Spoken Pen said ... (12/06/2007 5:16 PM) : 

Dixie, what a wonderful blessing! You needed the money, God provided it. :-) And I don't think there's a one of us who wouldn't have kept the money in that situation. I would have. (If I found $100 on the ground, I'd probably faint from surprise and excitement and sheer delight. LOL)

 

Blogger Simply Bananas said ... (12/12/2007 9:33 PM) : 

I'm sorry Dixie but I have to disagree on this one, I would have taken an ad out in the local newspaper announcing "money found" and only given it to whoever could identify the amount and general location it was found. If nobody came forward I would have kept it but I would have had to make some effort to find the rightful owner, even if I needed the money, they may have needed it more.

 

post a comment