Dixie's - Heart and Soul: The Gratitude Campaign

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Thursday, December 13, 2007

The Gratitude Campaign

Watch this video. Just say thanks.



I borrowed this from Semper Fi Mom. She is another Marine Mom who has helped me alot. Thanks Buffy.







Remember me asking you to donate a Christmas Tree to our troops.



James Ward from Westminister, MD made Christmas a whole lot brighter for thousands of U.S. service member bravely serving our country by mailing them miniature, live spruce trees with ALL the holiday trimmings.

Mr. Ward started Operation Christmas Tree to cheer up his deployed stepdaughter and a few of her fellow soldier in Iraq. This project has become a national campaign. This year there were 5,000 trees shipped. Last year there were on 75 trees shipped. What an accomplishment.

There were 2,200 2 foot trees packed with bags of colorful ornaments and bettery powered lights that were mailed December 3 to individual service member, mostly in Afghanistan and Iraq, whose families paid $20 to the nonprofit organization.


Some of those service members also received 50 or 60 extra trees to share with others. Other batches were sent to chaplains in the war zone to hand out to anyone in uniform who wants one.

The $80,000 balance not paid by donations was covered by the Armed Forces Foundation, a Washington-based nonprofit that helps the families of deployed troops. Local businesses also collected donations.



Keep talking to me. Looks like I will be working out an additional 23 minutes tonight. Thanks to everyone who talked to me yesterday. Especially my Hoochies Anndi and Turnbaby, you know what you did... LOL ... smooches, gropes, hugs, rubs... If anybody wants to join me just let me know. Grab my exercise lady and post away.

SMOOCHES~

Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 11:24 AM


Comments on "The Gratitude Campaign"

 

Blogger the Book of Keira said ... (12/13/2007 10:25 AM) : 

This topic hits home for me because Dean just received his official orders for Iraq. He's being dumped in Mozul for fifteen months next October and won't be home until January of 2010 which gives him our next two Christmases in the middle of a warzone. The last time he was in Iraq, he unexpectedly returned home five days before Christmas and it was the best holiday ever. The Christmas after that, he was stuck in Germany after we had returned stateside and didn't make it home in time. That was the second Christmas he missed out on because there was an ocean between us but he didn't really celebrate. Maybe next year I can do something nice to make his holiday in Mozul a bit better :-)

 

Blogger Schmoop said ... (12/13/2007 10:57 AM) : 

That's nice. Enjoy your extra minutes of work out. Cheers!!

 

Blogger katherine. said ... (12/13/2007 1:14 PM) : 

never doubt what a small idea can accomplish.

 

Blogger katherine. said ... (12/13/2007 1:14 PM) : 

and keep up the workouts...smile.

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (12/13/2007 7:36 PM) : 

Sending these trees is a worthy thing.

 

Blogger RW said ... (12/14/2007 7:53 AM) : 

Here's to your work out Dixie! Have a great weekend!! :D

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (12/15/2007 3:27 PM) : 

trees are good..

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (12/15/2007 3:27 PM) : 

smooch

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (12/15/2007 3:27 PM) : 

I did something?

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (12/15/2007 3:27 PM) : 

when?

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (12/15/2007 3:31 PM) : 

Oh.. and you know important it is to me to thank soldiers in airports or wherever I may see them.

 

Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) said ... (12/16/2007 9:16 PM) : 

we picked up a soldier at the airport tonight!!!

smiles, bee
xoxo

 

post a comment