Dixie's - Heart and Soul: I'm still alive ... just a few ramblings

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Friday, December 28, 2007

I'm still alive ... just a few ramblings

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. I know I did and as a matter of fact still enjoying the holidays.


Wasn't it sweet of that special elf to post for me last week? The IT goones at work decided they wanted to be Scrooge... so Bah Hum Bug to them too... ;-)


Last Wednesday night, we picked my brother, Chris, up from the airport in Nashville. It was really good to see him. He hasn't been home in 10 months.


On Saturday, Chris drove to Nashville to pick up my Marine. It is so wonderful to have him home for Christmas and the New Year.


We had Christmas Day lunch at my Mothers. We were very fortunate to have Tony's daughters share the holiday with us this year.


Ok, so what did I get for Christmas... let's see... I got a electric griddle, a new vaccuum cleaner, bath smell good stuff, candles and oh, oh, oh... the cutest Frosty that sings and shivers... ummmmm... just a lot of goodies. But the bestest gift of all was having my entire family together.


So what did YOU get for Christmas?


We take Chris back to the airport Friday. Matt leaves on Tuesday.


I don't know how I'm going to handle Matt leaving. For this time there are no holidays that I can hope and pray that he gets to come home for. It was really hard for me on November 5th letting him go... it's going to be very difficult Jan 1, 2008 letting him go.


I want to wish each and every one of you a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 7:41 PM


Comments on "I'm still alive ... just a few ramblings"

 

Blogger katherine. said ... (12/27/2007 10:14 PM) : 

I'm glad you and Tony had your family around you...I am sure it was a blessing.

I can only imagine how difficult it is to let Matt go...make sure he knows how much we all think of him!

 

Blogger Fantastagirl said ... (12/27/2007 10:44 PM) : 

So glad you had your family together - that is what the holidays are all about!

I can't imagine how difficult it will be to let Matt go... many hugs.

 

Blogger Sarge Charlie said ... (12/28/2007 7:35 AM) : 

Yep mom, he is the man now, he is making his way in the world, but you are still the mom......Best wishes for a happy new year.

 

Blogger Maggie Moo said ... (12/28/2007 7:49 AM) : 

I'm glad you were blessed with your entire family together Dixie. :) I wish that Matt didn't have to leave, but he'll be back and like Sarge said, you're still his momma.

 

Blogger Linda said ... (12/28/2007 10:02 AM) : 

I know what you mean about being tired but enjoying the holidays; so glad to hear that your family was able to get together and enjoy time with each other.

Believe it or not, it will get easier each time with letting Matt go because you know that he's going off to serve his country proudly and doing a darned fine job of it. It's one of those mixed bags of emotions - pride and sadness at the same time but isn't it our job as parents to raise our children to be fine upstanding adults and then sit back and watch while they do us proud? Matt has definitely done you proud so sit back and enjoy the fact that you succeeded as a great Mom. Easier said than done, I know but Matt obviously got his guts and integrity from someone, didn't he??

Have a great New Year and enjoy the rest of the time with your family!

 

Blogger the Book of Keira said ... (12/28/2007 12:18 PM) : 

Sounds like a great Holiday, Dix! Our was very blessed as well. These holidays with the whole family will be a hundred times more special now that Matt is off Marine-ing about. The thing is.... saying goodbye actually does get easier, but saying hello is always fantastic. Trust me.

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (12/28/2007 1:04 PM) : 

I'm sure you will deal with Matt's leaving the way you always have...with a stiff upper lip (or the semblance of one). Hope y'all have a very Happy New Year! :)

 

Blogger Sandee said ... (12/28/2007 1:09 PM) : 

My best gift was having my entire family together. Well, everyone except my neice Heather, but she called. Glad you had such a wonderful time. Big hug. :)

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (12/28/2007 1:47 PM) : 

Just think of the grand adventure Matt is on. Most 18 year olds are trying to find their way in college or flipping burgers and partying with friends.

Your 18 year old is a man now, responsible for himself and his brother Marines, and learning how to defend his fellow citizens.

Doesn't make it any easier to let him go, but I know you'll do so with pride. Tears are ok too.

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (12/28/2007 2:58 PM) : 

SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCH

Man I missed you!!!

This is the first New Years I won't be with Chicklet :(

The best present was waking up with a Chicklet in my bed Christmas morning (ok, so it was because told her to climb into my bed at 5 am after she woke me up to let me know Santa came... she doesn't get sleeping in from her aunt I tell ya!)

You'll handle things just fine dear sis, like you always do.

 

Blogger Desert Songbird said ... (12/28/2007 3:32 PM) : 

So glad you had your family around you for Christmas, Dixie. One of the best Christmas gifts I got was a call from my nephew in Iraq. He's still safe and sound, and he's due home in 45 days! I won't get to see him, but I'll breathe a bit easier knowing he's stateside again.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12/28/2007 6:33 PM) : 

Hang in there Dixie... want me to meet you at the airport to give you a great big hug? I can, ya know...It's not far. In fact, you'll drive by my area to get there...

You have my email. Just let me know.

 

Blogger Crashtest Comic said ... (12/29/2007 6:40 AM) : 

happy new year & god bless.

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (12/29/2007 9:36 PM) : 

Awwww Sugarbaby--so great to have the family gather.


We might wake you up on monday and wish you Happy New Year Hoochie!!

 

Blogger Julie said ... (12/31/2007 11:57 AM) : 

You'll be just fine my friend. Kleenex isn't too expensive and friends are free.

I'm here for you Dixie darlin'.

 

post a comment