Dixie's - Heart and Soul: Until they come home

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Friday, December 14, 2007

Until they come home

There are so many brave young men and women who are unselfishly serving our country so that we may all sleep in peace.

May the spirit of Christmas be with all our military service men and women this holiday season.

Click here to watch

I'm sorry if I bore y'all with all this military stuff that I post frequently but to me it's very important. I look at the pictures and videos of service members and think, that could be my son. It could be sooner than I want it to be too.
Have a great weekend.
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 9:00 AM


Comments on "Until they come home"

 

Blogger Schmoop said ... (12/14/2007 9:42 AM) : 

You're sorry? No need to be sorry. Cheers Dixie and have a great weekend too.

 

Blogger the Book of Keira said ... (12/14/2007 10:28 AM) : 

Miss Dixie.. you're not boring us! I love your passion and thoughtfulness!

I know it's stupid to say this (BELIEVE me.. I know how dumb this is) but try not too worr too much about Matt. I used to worry all the time. I watched and waited for signs of deployment and it drove me insane. Then, when the orders came, I lost it. That was last time. This time, I learned to not think about it UNTIL the orders arrve and now that they have I am pleased with myself that I am able to push it all out of my head, something I could never do before. Granted, I'm going to start freaking out as it gets closer, but for now... ciest la vie, thoughts!

Matt is fine and he is stateside... try to focus on that and not what is about to come (says the hypocrite who is doing exactly what you are doing...LOL.)

Hell, I don't even know what to say.

Merry Christmas?

 

Blogger Sandee said ... (12/14/2007 2:42 PM) : 

Very well done Dixie. Big hug honey and you aren't boring me at all. Have a great day. :)

 

Blogger katherine. said ... (12/14/2007 3:47 PM) : 

Dixie...if we were bored we wouldn't be here.

for me personally...when I see a post like this it is reminder to toss up a quick prayer for Matt and all the others who serve.

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (12/14/2007 8:16 PM) : 

I don't expect you to entertain me. I come here to see what you're thinking. You bring us your thoughts and your worries and your fears and your joys.

That works for me.

 

Blogger Sarge Charlie said ... (12/15/2007 8:44 AM) : 

what mother would not post about the military when her son is part of it, I love that video.

 

Blogger Fantastagirl said ... (12/15/2007 9:04 PM) : 

I would expect nothing less of anyone who has a family member in the military.

I know I don't comment often (sorry) - but your blog = you decide what gets posted and when.

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (12/16/2007 8:03 AM) : 

You never bore us SugarBaby...our blogs talk of our life...your life is your family...your family includes your son, the brave Matt...talk on darlin'

 

Blogger RW said ... (12/16/2007 7:43 PM) : 

I love that you post about it Dixie! Keep us updated!!

 

Blogger Amazing Gracie said ... (12/18/2007 12:19 AM) : 

Bored??? NO WAY! I like the way Travis said it best...
We don't come over here to be entertained but to support you the best way we know how!
~~~Blessings~~~

 

post a comment