Dixie's - Heart and Soul: BRRRRRRRRRRRR.... IT'S COLD

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Wednesday, January 02, 2008

BRRRRRRRRRRRR.... IT'S COLD

Yup, you heard me correctly... it's colder than a well diggers arse in Alaska. I don't believe it ever made it out of the 20's here in the great state of Tennessee today and tonight isn't looking much better.

Well, we made it to Nashville last night around 6:30 or so. I was so looking forward and excited in meeting Lois and her ever so handsome hubby. We left home a little later than planned but still made it in plenty of time.

Let me be the very first to tell you she is a beautiful lady... inside and out. I so look forward to many more get togethers with her and her handsome husband. We kicked it off beautifully... forget the handshakes, nice to meet yous... I was the first to walk through the door in Concourse C, looked to my left and then to my right and there she was... we immediately knew each other and a huge hug took place. Yes, I guess she said it correctly... Drive by Hugging... ;-) I just totally LOVE Lois... but hey, what's not to love... oh and don't let her fool you and say she looks like Snow White... she doesn't... she's gorgeous!

My bottle blonde was working double overtime yesterday and I forgot my camera... but the next time there will be pictures. Then I find out today that Lois did have her camera but being the very gracious southern lady she is she said that she didn't think that it was a good time. Well, my eyes were a little puffy and red from all the crying I had been doing so I guess she was right.

I guess I really lost it the most at lunch. We were all sitting down eating our normal hog jowl, black eyed peas, turnip greens and cornbread. My mother asked him when he was going to get to come home again and he said...

"I don't know"

I'm telling you I totally lost it....

then on the way to Nashville I heard the song that I have totally dedicated to both my kids. "My Wish" by Rascal Flatts... oh dear lord...

but I'm okay today. Matt called last night when he got into Raleigh and had boarded the shuttle bus back to Jacksonville to let me know he made it. He then called again this morning. I'm ok...

I don't like to say "goodbye" because that seems so final... I like to say "I'll see ya later" or "until the next time"... but the "hellos" are undescriable...

Well, my access to blogger is still blocked at work so looks like I'll be posting from home... from now on. That's ok... gives me more time and things to blog about... ;-)

However, tonight I'm cutting things a little short. Kaitlin wasn't really feeling good yesterday or last night and on our way back from Nashville she really got to feeling bad. It was after 9:00 pm and all the walk in clinics were closed so we stopped by the ER in Lexington. She has strep throat. They gave her a huge shot of pencillan and sent of on our way after about 30 minutes. So I need to take care of her now.

SMOOCHES~
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 5:20 PM


Comments on "BRRRRRRRRRRRR.... IT'S COLD"

 

Blogger Sarge Charlie said ... (1/02/2008 6:18 PM) : 

He is your young man now Dixie, not your little boy, these are much tougher times for you than for him, check with Army Mom X 3, she can help you get through this....I am proud of your little man.

 

Blogger Linda said ... (1/02/2008 6:53 PM) : 

It's so nice to be able to meet blogging friends in person, isn't it? You can take lots of pictures the next time!

Hope Kaitlin feels better soon; Jamie used to have strep throat all the time until they finally took her tonsils out. Same thing with me but I didn't get mine out until I was 22 and all that stuff about all the ice cream you want ... Guess what? You don't want any ice cream! What a gyp!

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (1/02/2008 7:25 PM) : 

I like blogging at home much better than trying it at work.

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (1/02/2008 8:41 PM) : 

SO glad you got to meet a blogging friend....

hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Maybe it will happen again in 2008

heheheheheehehehehehehe

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1/02/2008 8:58 PM) : 

Hug your sweet little "Mini Dixie" for me and feed her lots of ice cream to soothe that throat!!!

"My Wish" that song puts me in tears... I'm the same way about good-byes.

Next meet up won't be 15 minutes long...We're going to have TONS to catch up on!

Tell Tony hello! :-D)

 

Blogger the Book of Keira said ... (1/03/2008 12:05 AM) : 

Yech... goodbyes are always so awful. I'm glad you got to meet up with Lois and make an adventure out of it, though! She is wicked awesome and absolutely gorgeous to boot:-)

I'm going to go steak that song immediately off the internets so that I can have a good cry. I love tearjerker songs :-)

Hope Kaitlyn feels better soon and that shot works quickly. I hate hate hate strep throat!

 

Blogger RW said ... (1/03/2008 12:14 AM) : 

Thats so cool ya got to meet Lois! Neet to meet blogging buddies!!

 

Blogger Desert Songbird said ... (1/03/2008 7:03 AM) : 

Sarge is right - Matt is a man now, and while you will always be his momma, that role in his life will change.

Take heart that you gave him the wings to fly and become the man he has become. YOU did that! How incredible is that?

 

Blogger Sandee said ... (1/03/2008 10:03 AM) : 

Get well Kaitlin. Being sick is terrible.

Yep, we all love Lois. I'm glad that you got to meet and that you really like each other. How fun.

Have a great day Dixie. Big hug. :)

 

Blogger Schmoop said ... (1/03/2008 10:51 AM) : 

If you have any penicillin left could I have it. I have a "condition". Cheers!!

 

Blogger Julie said ... (1/05/2008 12:11 PM) : 

It's great that you got to meet a fellow blogger...will I ever?

*sigh*

Hope Miss Kaitlin gets to feeling better real soon.

 

post a comment