Dixie's - Heart and Soul: He's on to his next destination

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Monday, January 14, 2008

He's on to his next destination

Yes, I received the text message from Matt today around 1:30 pm CST saying that he does not get to come home. Needless to say I cried. I'm just a big cry baby... a softie I guess you could call me. I don't care. Looks like my birthday will be just another one ... first one in 18 years without my son.

I had tried to prepare myself for this... but didn't succeed. I said that I wasn't holding my breath. I said that it would be ok if he didn't get to come home. I said that I wanted him to hurry up and finish his training so he could be assigned to his permanent duty station. But today I was selfish... I wanted him home... even if it was for only a short time.

It's not happening. I don't know all the details. What I do know is that he will leave out sometime Wednesday headed to Virginia for more training. He will have about 6 weeks of Security Forces school and then will be sent to the fleet.

One piece of good news though. Yesterday he told me that the guys that are graduating Wednesday are not scheduled to be deployed until September 2009. I breathed a sigh of relief. Not only for my Marine but for all the mothers that I have grown so close to. For my sisters. You see our sons are a Band of Brothers.... we are a Band of Sisters. We walk each miled so close together.

I have only had the opportunity to meet a few of these wonderful ladies... but we are in this together... at least for the next 4 - 5 years.

Do we have a name? Of course we do. Would you like to know the name of our little group? Of course you would.

We are known as "Looney Leatherneck Ladies" -

Our motto - "Don't mess with us, we raised Marines."

No one ever said being a mom was easy. It's not... it's one of the hardest things I've ever done. Kids don't come with instruction manuals. But I didn't realize how easy I had it until my only son left home, joined the Marine Corps and became a wonderful young man. I think that they key chain that I bought at Parris Island sums it all up. It says ...Marine Mom - Toughest job in the Corps. No truer words have ever been written. Yes, Matt says he's happy. He tells me that he's happy and that's all that matters. But I miss him...

I just miss him.
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 6:01 PM


Comments on "He's on to his next destination"

 

Blogger Desert Songbird said ... (1/14/2008 6:28 PM) : 

Oo-rah, Dixie. You one tough lady to raise a tough, kick ass Mah-REEN!

Semper Fi.

 

Blogger Mimi Lenox said ... (1/14/2008 7:46 PM) : 

"Don't mess with us, we raised Marines." I love it.

Go on and cry. We'll cry with ya. Do you need a tissue?

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (1/14/2008 8:22 PM) : 

Get you a T-shirt and a ball cap with that logo and motto. You earned it. Wear it proudly.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1/14/2008 9:05 PM) : 

Love the group name! Very descriptive!

I know you miss him, hon...Hugs, my friend... big squishy hugs!

 

Blogger Sarge Charlie said ... (1/14/2008 9:17 PM) : 

I love it also, don't mess with us, big hug Dixie, Matt will be fine.

 

Blogger Stephanie said ... (1/14/2008 9:36 PM) : 

*hugs*

 

Blogger Julie said ... (1/14/2008 9:45 PM) : 

Aww Dixie.....i'm sorry for you.....but I love this sisterhood that you have become a part of. So many mom's probably dont' have the Marine mom friends that you do.

Oh...and your group---they are doggone lucky to have you!

 

Blogger Tug said ... (1/14/2008 10:54 PM) : 

I LOVE that you and the other Marine Mamas are so close - that's so very awesome!

I'm sorry Matt couldn't be there for your birthday...but you'll get through. PROUDLY.

((HUGS))

 

Blogger RW said ... (1/14/2008 11:33 PM) : 

Now thats a awesome group name Dixie!

 

Blogger Gail said ... (1/15/2008 12:45 AM) : 

Love the name...and you and Matt are always in my thoughts and prayers...

 

Blogger the Book of Keira said ... (1/15/2008 10:45 AM) : 

Hugs, baby. I know it's hard. Hold close to your friends and loved ones and your Marine Mama's. We'll all be here to help hold your head up.

 

Blogger Linda said ... (1/15/2008 11:34 AM) : 

There is truly comfort in numbers, especially numbers that you share something with and all of you share the pride, the joy, and the agony of being Marine Mamas. Like Travis said, get a t-shirt and wear it proudly for you've earned it!

Now, you Mamas be as strong as the Marines you've raised and keep your chins up and your spirits high knowing that you have raised upstanding sons and daughters, all of whom we as a nation are proud of. Least ways I sure am!

 

Blogger Sandee said ... (1/15/2008 1:43 PM) : 

I'm so sorry Dixie. I know you wanted him to come home. I love ya sweetie. A great big hug. Love your motto too. Awesome. :)

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1/15/2008 5:55 PM) : 

I know it's hard - I was married to a Navy man once. Hugs and prayers and smooches!

 

Blogger Amazing Gracie said ... (1/16/2008 2:07 AM) : 

That's a great motto! Hon, seeing your firstborn leave is very difficult. It was very hard on me and that was my daughter, getting married and staying in town! I can't imagine your feelings at all.
But having a support group is the best thing you can do.
God bless you!!!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1/16/2008 10:55 AM) : 

i'm sorry dixie. i hope you have a great birthday anyway!!!

i love your group name! it really is the toughest job.

 

Blogger Schmoop said ... (1/16/2008 11:24 AM) : 

Sorry Dixie, but good luck to the Matt-Ster. Cheers!!

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (1/16/2008 5:15 PM) : 

They don't come with instructions???? The what was that tag on the ... oh nm

hehehe

SMOOCH SugarBaby LOVE YA

 

Blogger Gail said ... (1/16/2008 7:03 PM) : 

Happy Birthday to Mama Dixie.
Happy Birthday to Marine Mama Dixie.

Love & miss You

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1/17/2008 9:16 AM) : 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
YAY!!!!

Thanks for being born!!!!

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (1/17/2008 9:21 AM) : 

Trav is right --y'all need shirts!!

Smooches Sugarbaby--and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

 

Blogger Sarge Charlie said ... (1/17/2008 9:47 AM) : 

Happy Birthday to You" is a song which is sung to celebrate the anniversary of a person's birth. According to the Guinness Book of World Records, "Happy Birthday to You" is the most popular song in the English language, followed by "For He's a Jolly Good Fellow" and "Auld Lang Syne."[citation needed] The song has been translated into many languages, though it is often sung with the English lyrics even in countries where English is not a primary language.

Just in case you wanted to know, Happy Birthday.

 

Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) said ... (1/17/2008 10:31 AM) : 

happy birthday honey and i am so sorry you won't see matt. when children grow up it is hard... i just wish i knew where my son was. but i don't...

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxo

 

Blogger Tug said ... (1/17/2008 10:36 AM) : 

Happy Happy DixieDay!!

 

Blogger Angell said ... (1/17/2008 2:01 PM) : 

First - HAPPY BDAY DIXIE GAL!!! Big smooches and hugs from north of the border.

Second, I'm so happy to hear you have a great support group. And I love the logo and the name. :D

Third, he's your baby boy. Cry all you want.

That being said - we love you more than Anndi's luggage. And we're here too.

 

post a comment