Dixie's - Heart and Soul: Today's message ...

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Friday, January 11, 2008

Today's message ...

Every sixty seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness you'll never get back ...

Today's Message of the Day is:

Life is short,
Break the rules,
Forgive quickly,
Kiss slowly,
Love truly,
Laugh uncontrollably,
and never regret anything that made you smile.

Life may not be the party we hoped for,
but while we're here we should dance....

So with that being said I must make you laugh ...

How to weigh yourself...

I can't believe I've been doing it wrong all these years....
WE MUST GET THE WORD OUT!!!!

A WEEK AT THE GYM:


ONE MAN'S STORY...

If you read this without laughing out loud, there is something wrong with you. This is dedicated to everyone who ever attempted toget into a regular workout routine.

Dear Diary:

For my fortieth birthday this year, my wife (the dear)purchased a week of personal training at the local health club for me. Although I am still in great shape since playing on my collegefootball team 25yrs ago, I decided it would be a good idea to go aheadand give it a try. I called the club and made my reservation with apersonal trainer named Belinda, who identifiedherself as a 26 yr. old aerobics instructor and model for athletic clothing and swimwear. My wife seemed pleased with my enthusiasm to get started! The club encouraged me to keep a diary to chart my progress.

MONDAY: Started my day at 6:00am. Tough to get out of bed, but it was well worth it when Iarrived at the health club to find Belinda waiting for me. She was something of a Greek goddess - with blonde hair, dancing eyes and adazzling white smile. Woo Hoo!!!!! She took my pulse after 5 minutes on the treadmill. She was alarmed that my pulse was so fast, but I attributed it to standing next to her in her Lycra aerobics outfit. I enjoyed watching the skillful way in which she conducted her aerobics class after my orkout today. Very inspiring, Belinda was encouraging as I did my sit-ups, athough my gut was already aching from holding it in the whole time he was around. This is going to be a FANTASTIC week!!

TUESDAY: I drank a whole pot of coffee, but I finally made it out thedoor. Belinda made me lie on my back and push a heavy iron bar into he air, and then she put weights on it! My legs were a little wobbly n the treadmill, but I made the full mile. Belinda's rewarding smile ade it all orthwhile. I feel GREAT!! It's a whole new life for me.

WEDNESDAY: The only way I can brush my teeth is by lying on the toothbrush on the counter and moving my mouth back and forth over it. I believe I have a hernia in both pectorals. Driving was OK as long as I didn't try to steer or stop. I parked on top of a GEO in the club parking lot. Belinda was impatient with me, insisting that my screams bothered the other club members. Her voice is a little too perky for early in the morning andwhen she scolds, she gets this nasally whines that is VERY annoying. My chest hurts when I got on the treadmill, so Belinda put meon the stair monster. Why the hell would anyone invent a machine to simulate an activity rendered obsolete by elevators? Belinda told me it would help me get in shape and enjoy life. She said some other shit too.

THURSDAY: Belinda was waiting for me with her vampire-like teeth exposedas her thin, cruel lips were pulled back in a full snarl. I couldn't help being a half an hour late; it took me that long to tie my shoes. Belinda took me to workout with dumbbells. When she was not looking, I ran and hid in the men's room. She sent Lars to find me, then, aspunishment, put me on the rowing machine -- which I sank.

FRIDAY: I hate that bitch Belinda more than any human being has everhated any other human being in the history of the world. Stupid, skinny, anemic little cheerleading bitch. If there were a part of my body I could move without unbearable pain, I would beat her with it. Belinda wanted me to work on my triceps. I don't have any triceps! And if you don't want dents in the floor, don't hand me the*&%#(#&**barbells or anything that weighs more than a sandwich. The treadmill flung me off and I landed on a health andnutrition teacher. Why couldn't it have been someone softer, like thedrama coach or the choir director?

SATURDAY: Belinda left a message on my answering machine in her grating, shrilly voice wondering why I did not show up today. Just hearing her made me want to smash the machine with my planner. However, I lacked the strength to even use the TV remote and ended up catching eleven straight hours of the Weather Channel.

SUNDAY: I'm having the Church van pick me up for services today so Ican go and thank GOD that this week is over. I will also pray that next year, my wife (the other bitch), will choose a gift for me that is fun --like a root canal or a vasectomy.

So now that I've made you laugh ... have a great weekend!

SMOOCHES~

Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 7:11 PM


Comments on "Today's message ..."

 

Blogger Crazy Working Mom said ... (1/11/2008 7:31 PM) : 

Words to live by! :)

Have a great weekend, sweets.

Tisha @ CrAzY Working Mom

 

Blogger Sarge Charlie said ... (1/11/2008 9:28 PM) : 

Have a great weekend Dixie

 

Blogger Schmoop said ... (1/12/2008 6:56 AM) : 

Enjoy the weekend Dixie. Cheers!!

 

Blogger Julie said ... (1/12/2008 7:57 AM) : 

Yup! That's a good one. YOU have a good weekend too my friend!

 

Blogger Sandee said ... (1/12/2008 1:21 PM) : 

Yep, words to live by and thanks for the joke. Now ain't it the truth. Have a great weekend. :)

 

Blogger the Book of Keira said ... (1/12/2008 1:28 PM) : 

LOL!

Have a good weekend....

:-)

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1/12/2008 2:01 PM) : 

I like the words to live by and the how to weigh yourself,,,,so much easier that way.

Poem voting is now open:
http://wannabeawritersomeday.blogspot.com/2008/01/i-am-entering-poetry-contest-yikes-and.html
Remember only vote if you like it, and you can share the link, if you like it.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1/12/2008 5:40 PM) : 

that's so funny!!! every year i say i'm going to work out just so i feel healthy. well, i guess having a set of stairs in the house that i have to climb to get to the cookies is just as close as i'll ever get to keeping that resolution!!!

 

Blogger Mimi Lenox said ... (1/12/2008 7:52 PM) : 

You are sooo silly.

You've been royally tagged by the Queen of Memes. Please pass it on to as many as you'd like.
Long live the dungeon.

No Autographs, Please - The Band Meme

 

Blogger Linda said ... (1/12/2008 9:01 PM) : 

Well, damn, I never knew I was stepping on the scale the wrong way either! That's going to make all the difference in the world!!

 

post a comment