Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Monday, July 30, 2007

Oh what do I write about today? I got home Friday afternoon, went straight to bed. No, I didn't go to sleep, but just relaxed. Slept late Saturday. Up Sunday morning, off to church. Home after church, nap. Up from nap, packed and headed back to Pulaski.

I did not touch Matt's room. The bed is still unmade, there is still dirty cloths on the floor, dirty cups on the dresser and night stand. I think maybe I will have to clean that room this weekend.

It's been exactly one week since I have seen or talked Matt. I bought his birthday card last night. I hope to have his mailing address today or tomorrow so I can send it off. His 18th birthday is Thursday, August 2. I know he is doing fine.

The audit is this week at work. Third party auditor was here this morning at 8:00 am and will be leaving tomorrow. I'll be so glad when this week is over. I won't have to make these weekly trips back to Pulaski after this week. Thank god! I will have to make them monthly though.

I will try to post more tonight from the hotel.

SMOOCHES!
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 10:35 PM


Comments on ""

 

Blogger Maggie Moo said ... (7/30/2007 2:31 PM) : 

I give you LOTS of credit for being able to live in a hotel for as long as you have!

I don't think I could do it...glad to hear your trips will be fewer soon!

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (7/30/2007 4:50 PM) : 

KISSES sugarbaby

Hopefully this place will look different in the next few days

 

Blogger Linda said ... (7/30/2007 5:45 PM) : 

I doubt you could stand to leave it for that long but I betcha if you left Matt's room the way it is until he came home on leave, the first thing he'd do is clean it up as he wouldn't be able to stand the mess! If the Marines don't make him more of a neat-nik, I don't know who could!

Glad to hear this is your last full week in Pulaski. I bet you miss home when you're away!

 

Blogger Crazy Working Mom said ... (7/30/2007 6:54 PM) : 

Still sending lots of good thoughts your way!!! Hope the audit goes well.

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (7/30/2007 8:05 PM) : 

Now just look at that - you've made it through one week of boot camp and so has your recruit.

Congrats!

 

Blogger Julie said ... (7/30/2007 11:35 PM) : 

You're doing fine dear! Just keep busy and you'll sleep better too!

Love ya!

**Hugs**

 

Blogger Amazing Gracie said ... (7/31/2007 1:35 AM) : 

I couldn't handle your grueling routine. Maybe several years ago but not now! It wears me out just reading about it. Yikes! I bet you'll be thrilled to stick with a monthly agenda.
I really loved Linda's comment! And Travis', too. You've got some great friends.

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (7/31/2007 7:36 AM) : 

One week down sis... I'm very proud of you

 

Blogger Schmoop said ... (7/31/2007 10:43 AM) : 

Love the new look and the pic of you and Matt. Cheers Dixie!!

 

Blogger Sarge Charlie said ... (7/31/2007 10:59 AM) : 

I love it Dixie. I was having problems reading on the sand.

 

Blogger Angell said ... (7/31/2007 12:49 PM) : 

Happy Bday to Matt. Does he have an email addy we can send ecards to? Cuz if I mail one from here, it DEFIANTELY won't get to him in time.

 

Blogger Tug said ... (8/01/2007 8:44 PM) : 

Still thinking of you & sending ((hugs))!!

LOVE the new look!

 

post a comment