Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Friday, July 27, 2007

I'm Falling Apart!

The events of this week have finally caught up with me. I am totally exhausted. My body is totally shutting down. It was all I could do to keep my head up at work this afternoon.

At one point this afternoon, I was typing a document, looked at the monitor and this is what was on there...

"dkfiodnfdskjfikaeiiadknciaoe. idoakfadsfa;dfka;dff"

I fell asleep...

Now I did happen to remember a post a friend of mine, Angell from ANGELL'Z-SECRETZ had this posted. I'm borrowing it from her ... hope you don't mind Angell...

What to Say If You Should Get Caught Sleeping at Work

The top ten list of things to say when caught sleeping at your desk by the boss ...

Number 10 "They told me at the blood bank that this might happen."

Number 9 "This is just a 15 minute power-nap like they raved about in that 'Time Management' course you sent me to."

Number 8 "Whew! Guess I left the top off the White-Out. You probably got here just in time!"

Number 7 "I wasn't sleeping! I was meditating on the mission statement and envisioning a new paradigm."

Number 6 "I was testing my keyboard for drool resistance."

Number 5 "I was doing a highly specific Yoga exercise to relieve work-related stress. What? Are you discriminatory toward people who practice Yoga?"

Number 4 "Why did you interrupt me? I had almost figured out a solution to our biggest problem."

Number 3 "The coffee machine is broken ..."

Number 2 "Someone must've put decaf in the wrong pot ..."

And the #1 best thing to say if you get caught sleeping at your desk ...

Raise your head from the desk and say, "... in Jesus' name. AMEN!"


I did happen to remember #1... so when Muragan walked into my office I raised my head and did the sign of the cross and said

"In the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost"...

he thought it was funny... little did he know that I had fell asleep... yes again.

I am only working half day tomorrow, taking the two hour commute home, and as soon as I get home I'm crashing in my bed. I'll unpack the car later.

I know that I haven't been sleeping well. One never does in a hotel.

I have been worrying about Matt this week. I found out that while he is in Receiving at Parris Island that he will suffer from sleep deprevation. Now I know my son, he's like momma, loves to sleep.

Hey, I didn't cry Thursday ... but I kept myself really busy too. I really do dread going home. His room is still exactly the way he left it on Sunday. Bed unmade, cloths in the floor, dirty cups on the nightstand and dresser. I don't know if I'll get it cleaned this weekend or not. Will take it one day at a time.
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 9:00 AM


Comments on ""

 

Blogger Tug said ... (7/26/2007 10:43 PM) : 

Take your time Dix...rest. You have been through so very much here lately - take care of YOU. Get home, sleep, be taken care of. You deserve it!

 

Blogger Desert Songbird said ... (7/26/2007 11:18 PM) : 

The sleep deprivation thing at boot camp? My ex-hubby said it was a killer at first, but then he got used to it. Matt will make it through, Mom - don't fret so much! You raised him right.

This time change thing is killing me. Just got into Cleveland tonight, and the clock says it's 12:15 am, but my body clock says is 9:15 pm - oy!

Get some sleep, lady. Be kind to yourself.

 

Blogger Julie said ... (7/27/2007 9:29 AM) : 

**holds pendulum in front of Dixie's eyes**

Dixie....you getting very....very...
very....very sleeeeeepy.

Go curl up in your own bed.

 

Blogger Sarge Charlie said ... (7/27/2007 9:54 AM) : 

Nice Dixie, the globe is great, I will post it on my sidebar. Keep us up to date when you hear from Matt, he should be having fun by now. I bet he looks sharp in his uniform.

 

Blogger Angell said ... (7/27/2007 10:15 AM) : 

Dix - post away my dear.

That globe is great - with permission I'd like to post it as well.

Keep us posted, and take your time adjusting. It will take time anyway.

One's own bed is always the best place.

HUGS & SMOOCHES babe.

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (7/27/2007 10:18 AM) : 

Peace globe is for anyone to take and post. Thank y'all!

 

Blogger Sandee said ... (7/27/2007 10:20 AM) : 

Why don't you just come to California and stay with us for a while. We can go boating whenever you want too. I loved all the "What to say if you should get caught sleeping at work" excuses. I think your response was great. I borrowed what Mimi made for you too. I'll be putting that on my blog in the near future...That is if you don't mind. I love you girlfriend and a big hug and a smooch coming your way. :)

 

Blogger Schmoop said ... (7/27/2007 10:31 AM) : 

Relax and enjoy the weekend as best you can. Everything will be fine. Cheers!!

 

Blogger the Book of Keira said ... (7/27/2007 11:00 AM) : 

Shit. Lemme tell ya how fast he's gonna get used to the sleep deprivation...lol. Dean sometimes goes 4 or 5 days without sleep and I have no clue how he does it.

 

Blogger Crazy Working Mom said ... (7/27/2007 11:09 AM) : 

Girl, I hope you get caught up soon. I know it can be hell when you lose out on sleep. It seems like it takes three times longer to catch up than it did to get behind. I'm think aboutcha! Have a good weekend, girlfriend.

The peace globe is beautiful! :)

Great job, Mimi

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7/27/2007 3:45 PM) : 

Take the time you need, hon...It takes a while to adjust to the kids leaving the nest. Just keep remembering how proud you and we are of Matt!

 

Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) said ... (7/27/2007 10:10 PM) : 

mimi is the greatest! love that gal... what a sweet thing from a lovely lady!

smiles, bee

 

Blogger Coco said ... (7/28/2007 12:11 PM) : 

Hugs Dixie, then bonks her on the head with a rubber mallet. Sleep well, dear friend ...

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (7/28/2007 2:12 PM) : 

Hang in there darlin - it's almost over.

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (7/28/2007 5:22 PM) : 

Try not to worry too much, Dixie. Matt's a big boy. He'll be okay. Hugs.

 

Blogger Bobby Griffin said ... (7/30/2007 10:09 AM) : 

Hi again,

Just thought I'd stop by and update you on the voting for bestest blog of the year. We've had over 8000 votes cast by over 100 different voters in just under a week. A contest update can be found at the new and improved brand new home of Bestest Blog!!, original details can be found here. With a week to go still, that $50 prize, title, and bragging rights is still up for grabs. Also, be sure to get in the running to be blog of the day again this year by joining the Blankest Blank Blog Directory. Thanks for reading and please stop by and leave a comment at the new Bestest Blog some time!

 

post a comment