Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Another "Matt story" and a tag

Tuesday I couldn't get Matt out of the bed to save my soul. Finally around 1:00 pm he rolls out.

"What's for breakfast?"

"Whaaaaa?"

"What's for breakfast, Mom."

"Son, it's 1:00 in the afternoon, are you crazy ... I'm NOT cooking you any breakfast. If you want breakfast, you're going to have to cook it yourself."

"But Mommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..."

"Ok, what do you want?"

"I want bacon, scrambled eggs, gravy and homemade biscuts."

"Ok, while I cook you something to eat, go clean your pit sty of a room and while you're at it strip those sheets off your bed, they need washing."

I sling the skillet and mixing bowl out of the cabinet and proceed to whip up a homemade breakfast. I get everything fixed ready for my hungry boy to eat, go to his room to see the progess ....

HE'S BACK IN THE BED WATCHING T.V. Had not made the first effort to pick anything up in the "pig sty" and the bed isn't stripped yet ... I was absolutely furious.

"MATT.... YOUR BREAKFAST IS READY AND THIS PIG STY IS STILL A PIG STY"

"Mom, I'll clean it, I promise."

I'm thinking to myself, yeah right. I'll be the one to pick up those funky socks, those nasty jeans and those smelly sweaty shirts.

"If you don't get this room picked up TODAY, I'm going to ground you till you leave."

"Mom, I love you" all the while pinching my cheeks so hard that he left a red mark.

Well, I'll give you three guesses who cleaned the room and stripped the bed and the first two don't count.

The rest of the day not much exciting happened. We spent some time in the pool. Matt left around 6:00 pm going to a friends house. I cooked a litle supper, I worked in my yard a little, jumped back in the pool, watched a little TV myself that night.. can you say BORING...

Now ... TAG, I'M IT!!!


I was tagged by my fellow schmoozer Toni for an 8 things about you and your hubby meme. Like Toni and her hubs, we are not an 'exciting couple, nor are we a 'power couple'. But we are a couple who loves one another and will go that extra mile when need be. Sometime... no alot of the time ... one is giving more than the 50/50 share. But that's what makes our relationship work.

1.) We are an interracial couple. We met at work. He is part of the management team. I never thought our relationship would be anymore than a working relationship. Here it is 3 years later and we are still together.

2.) We are not married, however may as well be. Live in the same house, share the same money, etc. Only difference is we don't have a piece of paper. Right now this really isn't that important.

3.) He is the choir director at church. He has the most beautiful voice. I can't carry a tune in a 10 gallon bucket with a handle on it.

4.) He tore down the brick wall I had around my heart after I went through a rough and messy divorce. I swore I would NEVER be involved with another man. I was ever so wrong there.

5.) He is NOT picky at all. I could cook the same meal at supper for a week and he would eat it and not say nothing.

6.) We don't argue. We have disagreements and they are always worked out before we go to sleep at night.

7.) He has the most beautiful green eyes you will ever see.

8.) He can clean the house and do the laundry so much better than me.


See, I told you... not very exciting at all. Heck, we've been know to go to bed on Friday night at 6:30, eat supper in bed, curl up and watch TV ... seriously, Kaitlin has even been known to crawl up there with us.

So I guess now it's my turn to tag some one with this meme... let me see, who shall I pick???? Ummmm...

eeny, meeny, miney, mo.... Oh here we go...

Sandee from COMEDY PLUS cause I just lurves her and I get to tag her first

Turn from TURNBABY because she is my fellow hoochie momma

Kyra from THE 108 because she will make this meme soooooo very interesting

I won't punish anyone else with this meme... ;-)

SMOOCHES!
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 11:52 AM


Comments on ""

 

Blogger Schmoop said ... (7/11/2007 8:53 AM) : 

Living in sin, eh? Outrageous!! I dig it too though Dixie. Cheers!!

 

Blogger Angell said ... (7/11/2007 9:17 AM) : 

Boys will be boys hon - but you'll wish he was around to pinch your cheeks soon enough.

OOPS - sorry, didn't mean to make you cry....

 

Blogger Sarge Charlie said ... (7/11/2007 9:19 AM) : 

trust me on this one, his area will not be a pig sty much longer.....

 

Blogger Piacere said ... (7/11/2007 9:41 AM) : 

Dixie - I was thinking exactly the same thing as Sarge Charlie!!! Duz that boy know what he's in for????

SMOOCH!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7/11/2007 9:52 AM) : 

Hey Dixie...
Funny, my older boy (his name is also Matt) wasn't much on cleaning his room either. In fact I think it got cleaned for the first time, the day he left town for bigger and better things, lol.

'He can clean the house and do the laundry so much better than me.' - where can I find me one of these?

Take care;
Anna

 

Blogger the Book of Keira said ... (7/11/2007 11:59 AM) : 

I'm on it!

 

Blogger Sandee said ... (7/11/2007 1:55 PM) : 

Oh I just love the Matt stories. He is the typical teen. Your breakfast sure sounded good though. I would have cleaned up my room for that...

Okay on the meme. Linda over at Are We There Yet? tagged me too. I'll have it up today. I love you too. :)

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (7/11/2007 3:04 PM) : 

LOL on the tag--

and the one you missed is he is one FINE LOOKING MAN!!

and a very lucky one to have you Sugarbaby

Smooch

 

Blogger Linda said ... (7/11/2007 5:57 PM) : 

I guarantee you that Matt will learn to not only strip a bed but make one as well as keep everything in neat order once the Marines get their hands on him! Guaranteed!

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (7/11/2007 6:07 PM) : 

Nothing wrong with interracial couples. After all, no matter what colour your skin is, we're all human. And who cares if you're not exciting so long as your happy? Hugs! :)

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (7/11/2007 8:17 PM) : 

In just a short while that boy will be up at 4am and have done a full day's training by 1300, including cleaning his area and making that bed.

No more worries on that front for you darlin.

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (7/11/2007 8:18 PM) : 

Oh - I agree with you that marriage just isn't necessary sometimes. If it's the right thing for y'all, you'll get around to it.

 

Blogger Sandee said ... (7/11/2007 8:46 PM) : 

Post is up my friend. :)

 

Blogger Julie said ... (7/11/2007 11:25 PM) : 

About the pigsty of a room that houses a boy...I was glad when my son went to college but it took a major overhaul to clean his room. So he was gone for 4 years only to return for a mere couple weeks to completely demolish everything I had done. I tried! At least he cooks and does laundry though!

 

post a comment