Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Real life tends to get in the way more than I would like for it too... sometimes... ;-)

If I can just get through the next 4 1/2 weeks before Matt leaves for boot camp it will kinda be smooth sailing.

Week before last, Matt calls me and here is the conversation...

"Mom, I'm not gonna lie, but I got a ticket last night."

"For what son?"

"Ummmmm... I kinda had my music too loud, Officer Crowe pulled me over and gave me a ticket."

"So, it was a noise violation ticket, right?"

"Yes Ma'am."

It was freakin 1:00 a.m. - he should have been at home. He got off work at 10:00 p.m.

I have to go to court with him since he is 17 ... grrrrrrrrrr

"When do you have to go to court?"

"I don't know Mom, he told me to have you call this number and set a court date."

"Ok, I'll call that number and I will call you back."

So, I call the number and it's freakin Juvie... my son has NEVER been in any kind of trouble to warrant a call to the Juvenille Officer.

"Good morning, this is Lee C., Matt C.'s mom. I was told you give y'all a call. Matt received a ticket last night from Officer Crowe for noise violation and I need to set a court date as quickly as possible."

"Ms. C, our next court date for Officer Crowe is July 27 at 9:30 a.m."

"Oh no, we must have this taken care of before then. He leaves for the Marine Corp. July 23."

"Ms. C, let me see what I can do and I will call you back."

I agree and within the hour she calls me back.

"Ms. C, we can set his court date for June 15 at 9:30 a.m."

"Wonderful, we will see you then."

So Friday was court day for a freakin noise violation. Now I agree that the young people today tend to listen to what they call music a little too loud. But give them a warning ...

So we go to court Friday morning. The judge calls us in his chambers. Thankfully didn't even have to go in the court room... We walk in and the judge smiles at us. Here is his comments...

"Matt, I understand that you are leaving for the Marine Corp in a few weeks."

"Yes Sir, that is correct."

"Well Matt, first of all I want to thank you for making a very brave decision in joining the Marines. Secondly, I'm going to dismiss this ticket. I know that I won't be seeing you in my chambers again because when you come back from boot camp you will be a man."

"Thank you sir, I really appreciate it"

"Matt, good luck to you and again thank you for making this brave decision."

Hopefully we can make it 4 1/2 more weeks without anymore court dates... ;-)

I know that I am truly blessed to have a good son. The only MAJOR problem I have with him is keeping rubber on his tires. I know he doesn't do drugs ... he may drink but if he does I haven't caught him. I've NEVER caught him. He ALWAYS comes home by curfew. He never knows if I'm going to be up or not. But the nights that I have been up I haven't smelled any thing on him. He has always said that he knows better than to drink and drive. He hasn't drank and drove him...

This is how my weekend started.

Friday afternoon Tony and I decide that we are FINALLY going to put our pool back up. I have this huge above ground pool that has been in storage for 3 years. I SOOOOOOO ready for this pool to be up. So we started leveling ground Friday afternoon.

Saturday still preparing the backyard for the pool. I can't do much since I have a bad back. Tony won't even let me look at a shovel for fear of me throwing my back out.

Matt was NO help Saturday. He was in Selmer at the charity event that went oh so wrong. He was within 15 feet of the accident. He ran down to the site to help and what he described to me he saw was horrific. Let's remember to pray for the families that lost loved ones, families that have injured family members and the people who witnessed this tragic event.

Sunday, church ... back home for a quick nap and back out in the yard to continue the work on the pool ... quick trip to Wally World for me, pick up supper at KFC... in at dark ... 2 loads of laundry washed, dried and put away.

I'm tired .... going to bed now... weekend over... tomorrow... work day!

SMOOCHES!!!




Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 8:09 PM


Comments on ""

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (6/19/2007 9:12 AM) : 

Awwwwww! I think my sis needs a hug!

I'm very proud of that nephew I tell ya! And I'm impressed by the judge. VERY decent of him.. the officer needs a kick in the pants.

Miss ya babe.. HSGRs

You've been on my mind a lot lately.

 

Blogger Angell said ... (6/19/2007 9:34 AM) : 

Gotta agree with Ann on this - Matt is a good kid Dix and you should be very proud of him.

A NOISE violation? Geez, that's a new one for me. Never got one of those....

Good call on the judges part.

Also, DON'T YOU DARE touch anything that's going to put your back out again. I'll kick your butt too (Tony & I can tag team ya).

What accident was this? Prayers for the families are going out, but what happened?

HUGS to you from me, and don't stress yourself.

 

Blogger Sarge Charlie said ... (6/19/2007 10:49 AM) : 

this is my kind of judge, he knows that Matt will be the man we will all be proud of, if I were the judge the results would have been the same..

 

Blogger Sandee said ... (6/19/2007 12:14 PM) : 

Wow, what a story on Matt and the loud music. Glad it turned out okay. He sounds like a great son to me. Hang in there and pretty soon you can enjoy that pool. Have a great day. :)

 

Blogger Maggie Moo said ... (6/19/2007 12:38 PM) : 

I am surprised they didn't give him a warning right off the bat. Weird, but I'm glad he got a nice and understanding judge!!

 

Blogger Schmoop said ... (6/19/2007 1:37 PM) : 

Dismissed as it should be. I am sorry that he had to witness that accident. Hope all goes well between now and boot camp. Cheers Dixie.

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (6/19/2007 3:43 PM) : 

Judge was wise....officer should have warned him...i always tell my Matt...they are looking for kids your age, why let them know you are coming a 1/2 mile away with the music up so loud...?

 

Blogger Gail said ... (6/19/2007 6:21 PM) : 

Wonder if I can ticket my kids for noise violation? LOL

Your Matt is a wonderful kid and he's done you (and us all) proud. The rest will follow.

In 6 weeks you're going to miss having these "episodes" with him...as much of a Pain in the A$$ as they are now...

Love you honey

 

Blogger Schmoop said ... (6/19/2007 6:37 PM) : 

If it's any consolation, my nephew did two tours, and he came home ok. I wish he never had to go. He only wanted and education. He's 22. Love.

 

Blogger Schmoop said ... (6/19/2007 6:38 PM) : 

Sorry the last comment was actualy from me. Schmoop.

 

Blogger Tug said ... (6/19/2007 6:44 PM) : 

What an AWESOME judge!! Hang in there Dix...this is just preparing you for your daughter.

**ducks & runs away**

((hugs))

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (6/19/2007 7:02 PM) : 

A ticket for a noise violation??? He should have been let go with a warning. Glad the judge had more sense, and I hope the rest of his time home is uneventful! :)

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (6/19/2007 9:08 PM) : 

They actually give tickets for having the stereo too loud?

Good on the judge. Too bad the officer didn't just give him a warning and tell him to turn it down.

Geez.

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (6/19/2007 9:23 PM) : 

Ann... my sweet Ann... I've been thinking of you lately too. Miss you so much.

Angell ... yup the Mayberry police give noise violation tickets and won't think twice about it.

Sarge, yes he does know that Matt will be a fine young man.

Comedy, I'm soooooo ready for that pool to be up.

Mags, that what happens with the Podunk Police. I don't think they know the meaning of "warning".

Matt, that judge has always been known to be fair. He has a good reputation.

Vinny, I do believe that it's the age.. I tell him all the time he's going to be deaf before he's 20...

Gail, hey that's a thought ... maybe I'll give Kaitlin one of those. Yes you are right I will miss this ... Love you too sweetie and miss you!

Matt, what did he do two hours for? Have you been tipping the bottle early today? ;-)


Tug, no need to "duck and run away".. I can HANDLE THE TRUTH..
;-)

Meri, I hope the next 4 1/2 weeks are uneventful too... but I'm not holding my breath.

Trav, yup they give tickets for that. I think someone needs to send the defination of "warning" to the Police Dept.

 

Blogger Julie said ... (6/19/2007 10:02 PM) : 

Sounds like your weekends are nearly as crazy as mine. It's almost a relief to get back to work sometimes.....oh geez....I started laundry 10 hours ago...and forgot it!

I'm sorry your son had to witness that horror on the track...so sad.

Yup, that was a very wise judge, now keep a real close eye on him!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6/20/2007 12:58 AM) : 

Can't imagine why you are so tired...:)

Still, all in all, Matt is a good boy. He sounds like someone who can be depended on during a horrible accident and one who will be defending our country here in a month. A noise violation...well, the judge was fair and he sees what we see - that you have raised a good and decent young man who just occassionally has to go a wee bit wild.

 

post a comment