Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Thursday, June 21, 2007



I've been tagged! I've been tagged by that hilarious Sandee over at COMEDY PLUS . Yup, I've been tagged with the "Rocker Girl Blogger Award". It doesn't matter what kind of day I'm having if I go over there she brightens my day! Here is what she said about me ...

Another of my favorites is Dixiechick over at Dixie's - Heart and Soul. Here's a single mom raising two kids (ones about ready to ship out to Parris Island, SC. I love her stories about her kids, especially Matt of late. She is very patriotic and I would bet her heart is as big as the state of Tennessee where she resides. She is truly a delight and gives the best smooches in cyberspace.

In my best Elvis impersonation .... thank you... thank you very much!

So now it's my turn to tag five rocker girls. So grab your award ....

1. Hoochie mama TURNBABY from over at As the World Turns. I met Turnbaby a year and a half ago during American Idol. We both have this passion for a particular soul man.... that soul man being Taylor Hicks. We've been through some good times together and some rough times together. She has always been there when I needed her. I believe that we were once sisters, in another life. She is my older sis ... She is sometimes profound, sometimes profane, very funny and always entertaining. Keep checking back because YOU JUST NEVER KNOW.

2. Hoochie mama ANNDI from Anndi's Luggage. I too met her at the same time I met Turnbaby. She is a single mother from Canada, raising a beautiful and incredibly smart chicklet, Alice. You never know what's going to come from her luggage. She has a tendency to pull things out of those big old huge bags of hers that only a "professional smartass" would do. So go over and give Anndi a visit because she has more luggage than anybody I know. Hold on it could be a bumpy ride.

3. Hoocie mama Kyra from THE 108 . She is the girl that your mother warned you about. Kyra is a mother of four beautiful children. Just recently giving birth to a angel baby, Emi. Her husband Dean proudly serves in the United States Army. I don't care that my mother warned me about girls like Kyra, she's the coolest chick you will ever get to know. She's funny and very straight to the point. She tells you like it is ... Give Kyra a visit but be warned she claims to have the power to get you nekkid.

4. Hoochie mama BUSY over at Ramblings and BUSY'S Meme. Busy is the original founder of the "Soul Patrol" , a true rocker and loves men with red hair. Busy is a single mother living in New York, raising two beautiful, smart children, who I too claim them as my niece and nephew. She loves to read, knit and is a true metal head. She has recently bought a violin and is beginning lessons soon. She has a true heart of gold. Stop by and visit Busy and tell her I sent ya.

5. Hoochie mama Toni from AIR FORCE WIFE. She is a Texas mom of 2 boys, wife to one fabulous husband... a maid, extraordinary chef, daughter, sister, friend, domestic goddess, sarcastic, full-of-it, total b.s.-er, goof ball, well you get the picture. Her husband just recently was deployed to go play in the big old sand box. You can also read about her over at Being An Air Force Wife . Give her a shout and hug and tell her Dixie sent you.


So girls, you've been tagged, grab your Rockin' Girl badge, post it on your blog, cause you truly deserve it. Now it's your turn to list five women bloggers rockers.

ROCK ON GIRLS... ROCK ON!

Smooches!
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 7:38 AM


Comments on ""

 

Blogger Special K ~Toni said ... (6/21/2007 9:24 AM) : 

I would like to thank.... Dixie! You are so awesome! Can't believe you chose me! Thank you! ♥

 

Blogger Sandee said ... (6/21/2007 9:55 AM) : 

Great job...I just love coming here. You didn't know that did you? Well you do now.

I think sometimes in our busy lives we forget to tell folks how we feel about them, or how they impact us. This meme has helped to do that. Have a great day. :)

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (6/21/2007 10:39 AM) : 

Toni, You're awesome too. Believe it Rocker Girl.. .believe it!

Sandee, No I didn't know that until now. I'm so glad. You have a great day as well.

 

Blogger Angell said ... (6/21/2007 11:03 AM) : 

WOOOO for all the hoochies - hey, question Dix, how do I get hoochie status?????? :P

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (6/21/2007 11:57 AM) : 

Angell, if I told you I'd have to kill ya... LMOO... just kidding.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6/21/2007 1:01 PM) : 

Wooooooooooooooooo!
LOL! A metal head violinist. Hey they exist! :)

 

Blogger the Book of Keira said ... (6/21/2007 1:25 PM) : 

Woo Hoo!!!! You're the shiznit, Dixie! Thank you! I will show my badge with pride :-)

I love awards... I'm so excited!

And when I get excited... everyone gets neckid :-)

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (6/21/2007 5:13 PM) : 

**Ambles through, reveling in the fact that she is totally nekkid underneath her fur coat** :P Wooo! Congrats, Dixe! You are indeed loved...as are all the peeps listed on your site ! :)

 

Blogger Linda said ... (6/21/2007 6:07 PM) : 

Congrats on your award - I was going to pick you myself until I saw that Sandee had beat me to it! I was going to tag you as my Southern Rock Girl Blogger as I can so see you up on stage with Lynrd Skynrd wailing away on "Free Bird" and doing a bang-up, kick-ass job on it!!

 

Blogger Gail said ... (6/21/2007 7:30 PM) : 

You are a Rocker Chick...and I love ya...

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (6/21/2007 8:43 PM) : 

Some of my favorite ladies sporting the pretty pink badge.

Congrats darlin!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6/22/2007 12:36 AM) : 

:keeps watching for her name to pop up:

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (6/22/2007 9:10 AM) : 

Busy, yes they do.. you're living proof!

Kyra, did you say nekkid??? ;-)

Meri, thanks ... *rubs the puppy behind the ears* loves you too.

Linda, just how in the world did you know that I absolutely love Lynrd Skynrd and that "Free Bird" is one of my most favorite songs of all times. I've even said I want it played at my Memorial Service...

Gail, I love ya too...

Trav, thanks and smooches!

Dana, SMOOCHES, SMOOCHES, SMOOCHES!

 

Blogger Schmoop said ... (6/22/2007 9:56 AM) : 

Congrats Dixie, and have a fab-o weekend!!

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (6/22/2007 12:51 PM) : 

Thanks Matt... you have a great weekend too.

 

post a comment