Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Thursday, June 28, 2007

A few of my thoughts....





Sometimes we just need some time to ourself. I will be leaving Pulaski today going home for the weekend. Tony and I are off next week. I will not be going back to work until July 9. So, I've made an executive decision not to blog next week. I'm going to take the time and spend with the family, especially Matt.

Speaking of Matt, he will be leaving July 7th going to South Padre Island, Texas to visit my younger brother and will return home on the 14th.

What am I going to do with my time off. Well ... I'm going to enjoy my pool that will be fully ready no later than Saturday. I am going to shampoo carpet and rearrange furniture in the living room. Of course, there will be laundry to do and meals to cook. I think I remember how to cook... ;-)~

I will be taking notes while I'm off and hope that I have some stories to tell and some pictures to post. Hope y'all don't forget me. I'm gonna miss y'all like crazy.

I could possibly sneak on late at night and post so check back... you just never know about old Dixie here.

"I pledge allegiance to the flag

of the United States of America

and to the Republic for which it stands,

one Nation under God,

indivisible,

with liberty and justice for all.

On July 4, 1776, we claimed our independence from Britian and Democracy was born. Everyday thousands leave their homeland to come the "the land of the free and the home of the brave" so they can begin their American dream.

The United States is truly a diverse nation. Each year we Americans celebrate that freedom and independence with bar-b-ques, family gatherings, picnics and a display of fireworks.

Happy Birthday America!

So what ever your plans are for this July 4th, please have a safe and happy one.







IF MY BODY WERE A CAR

If my body were a car, this is the time I would be thinking about trading it in for a newer model.

I've got bumps and dents and scratches in my finish and my paint job is getting a little dull, but that's not the worst of it.

My headlights are out of focus and it's especially hard to see things up close.

My traction is not as graceful as it once was. I slip and slide and skid and bump into things even in the best of weather.

My whitewalls are stained with varicose veins. It takes me hours to reach my maximum speed.

My fuel rate burns inefficiently. But here's the worst of it --

Almost every time I sneeze, cough or sputter.....either my radiator leaks or my exhaust backfires!


SMOOCHES!
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 10:27 PM


Comments on ""

 

Blogger Schmoop said ... (6/28/2007 8:20 AM) : 

Enjoy the time off and the pool sex Dixie...Did I just say that? Cheers!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6/28/2007 8:44 AM) : 

LOVED the car poem! I especially identify with the leaks and backfires...HOW FUNNY!

 

Blogger Angell said ... (6/28/2007 9:13 AM) : 

POOLSIDE?? Ok, that's it - ROAD TRIP.

*starts calculating driving time*

Hmm - ah damn, don't have that much time off.

Enjoy Dix and we REQUIRE stories and tales when u return, so make sure those notes are detailed. :D

SMOOCHES and all the rest of the good stuff.

Happy holiday to Tony and the kids.

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (6/28/2007 9:18 AM) : 

Matt, yes you did say that and just how in the heck did you know??? ;-)

Lois, I can truly identify too.

Angell, would love to have you come and visit. I will have stories to tell, I promise, pics too as I have bought a new digital camera. SMOOCHES!

 

Blogger Special K ~Toni said ... (6/28/2007 9:26 AM) : 

What? No blogging? Have you gone mad? I simply forbid it woman!

Have a relaxing vacation!

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (6/28/2007 9:37 AM) : 

Toni, I do believe that I have lost it..

Thanks hoochie, I will have a good vacation.. you have a good 4th.

 

Blogger Maggie Moo said ... (6/28/2007 10:04 AM) : 

We couldn't forget you Dixie!! Enjoy your time off and soak up ever last bit of Matt that you can!!

We'll be here for ya when you get back...

HUGS!

 

Blogger Tug said ... (6/28/2007 10:45 AM) : 

Have a WONDERFUL time off Dix...we'll be here when you get back.

 

Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) said ... (6/28/2007 11:02 AM) : 

hey that's me on the left! with the red hat! ha ha

have a great time off honey, enjoy that family...

smiles, bee

 

Blogger Sarge Charlie said ... (6/28/2007 11:50 AM) : 

Less than a month after the Korean War ended, Miller wound up in a drunk tank in the North Georgia Mountains. Miller claimed later that this incident was the nadir (i.e. lowest point) of his life. Upon his release, Miller enlisted in the Marines. During his three years in the United States Marine Corps, Miller attained the rank of sergeant. He often refers to the value of his experience in the Marine Corps in his writing and stump speeches; he wrote a book on the subject, entitled Corps Values: Everything You Need to Know I Learned in the Marines. "In the twelve weeks of hell and transformation that were Marine Corps boot camp, I learned the values of achieving a successful life that have guided and sustained me on the course which, although sometimes checkered and detoured, I have followed ever since," he wrote.

As Matt's time draws near, I thought you would to read what Senator Zell Miller said about his time in the Marine Corps.

My post today is about Zell.

 

Blogger the Book of Keira said ... (6/28/2007 12:28 PM) : 

Have a great holiday weekend, Dixie! We'll see you when you get back!

 

Blogger Sandee said ... (6/28/2007 1:27 PM) : 

Have a great 4th of July and enjoy your time off. I too will be gone on Monday and won't return until Thursday. I loved your posting the pledge. I have one on my sidebar that I got from Callie Ann. Snatch it if you want.

Loved "If My Body Were A Car", and can relate.

Big hugs and I'll see you when you return. :)

 

Blogger Angela said ... (6/28/2007 2:04 PM) : 

Ah pool! lucky you:-). I hope you have a wonderful vacation.
Have a great 4th too:-).

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (6/28/2007 7:55 PM) : 

Have a fantabulous vacation darlin!

 

Blogger Linda said ... (6/28/2007 8:29 PM) : 

Do enjoy your time off and not to worry, we'll all still be here when you get back looking forward to hearing about your great times relaxing by the pool and shampooing those carpets!

Enjoy yourself!

 

Blogger Sarge Charlie said ... (6/29/2007 9:57 AM) : 

have a great vacation, i posted something for you and matt......

 

Blogger Mimi Lenox said ... (6/29/2007 3:32 PM) : 

Have a great vacation with your family, Dixie. You have some kind of willpower to be able to stay away from blogging...Just sayin....

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (6/29/2007 6:26 PM) : 

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY, DIXIE! And have a wonderful vacation! I don't know how I would manage to stay away from the computer like that...it just sits there...waiting....LOL :P

 

Blogger Amazing Gracie said ... (6/30/2007 2:05 AM) : 

Well, I think you've chosen well, my dear. These are some days to enjoy and spend with Matt and your family. God speed and have a wonderful time making memories.
~~~Blessings~~~

 

Blogger Gail said ... (7/01/2007 3:35 PM) : 

Have a wonderful time, dearie. Keep making those memories that you share so well. I will miss you too!

I'll be by to check up on ya...

Love ya..

 

Blogger TopChamp said ... (7/03/2007 11:47 AM) : 

have a nice break x

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (7/04/2007 11:17 AM) : 

I miss my sis.. don't break the pool having sex, you'll flood the house.

Happy 4th darling big sister!

**hugs to you and Matt**

You'll understand my post today.

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (7/05/2007 6:08 PM) : 

Miss you!! Smooch!

 

post a comment