Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Not so Wordless Wednesday.

Not only did my son make a brave decision to defend our great nation, but so did 16 other young men Monday. Yes, there was a total of 17 brave young men that left the Memphis MEPS for The United States Marine Corp. - Parris Island, SC












"I, MATLOCK LEE CAFFREY, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."





I love my Marine Recruit. I'm one so very proud momma.

Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 6:41 PM


Comments on ""

 

Blogger Crazy Working Mom said ... (7/24/2007 8:00 PM) : 

Oh, Dixie those photos are great. I'm so proud of him too! :)
Happy WW.

 

Blogger Julie said ... (7/24/2007 8:40 PM) : 

Keep those pictures coming baby! Nothing like kissing the cheek of your baby boy, huh?

 

Blogger Write Before Sleep said ... (7/24/2007 8:46 PM) : 

Speechless in Plant City, Florida.

 

Blogger Gail said ... (7/24/2007 9:45 PM) : 

We are just as proud...

Love you honey.

 

Blogger Desert Songbird said ... (7/24/2007 10:29 PM) : 

You have every right to be one proud mama. Matt looks thrilled, too. These photos take me back to a certain day in September 1984 when my first husband took that same oath at a MEPS in Indianapolis, Indiana.

 

Blogger Linda said ... (7/25/2007 12:26 AM) : 

Funny how it was over 30 years ago that I said those very same words while I held my own right hand up but I knew every one of them by heart.

Again Dixie - major congratulations to you for having raised such a fine son as Matt. I salute not only him but all of those young men who raised their right hands and took that most honorable of vows.

Great pictures!!

 

Blogger Piacere said ... (7/25/2007 7:00 AM) : 

Dixie: I know you must be a very proud momma, and we're proud to know YOU!! Sending good thoughts your way ...I'm working on getting up the "Stand Behind Matt" tribute on my sidebar!!

SMOOCH!!

 

Blogger Schmoop said ... (7/25/2007 8:12 AM) : 

Great Pics Dixie...Once again good luck to Matt and all of you as well. Cheers!!

 

Blogger Sarge Charlie said ... (7/25/2007 9:06 AM) : 

On June 2, 1960, I swore the same oath, funny, some things do not change. Oh was I that young once? I am looking forward to regular updates.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7/25/2007 10:24 AM) : 

We love your marine recruit, too!

Wonderful pictures. Thanks for sharing!

 

Blogger the Book of Keira said ... (7/25/2007 11:16 AM) : 

I didn't go to Dean's... I didn't know we could...lol!

Matt looks great... now we just need to wait for some of those man in uniform pics :-)

 

Blogger Angell said ... (7/25/2007 11:51 AM) : 

Dixie - we're all proud of him and of you.

Letting him go wasn't easy, but you did it (I'm assuming) in typical Dixie fashion - no, not grace, class & dignity.

Rather, screaming, crying and latching onto his legs as he mutters "Geez mom, you're embarassing me."

We'd expect nothing less. :P

Luv you babe.

 

Blogger Sandee said ... (7/25/2007 2:06 PM) : 

How wonderful, how wonderful. This made me cry. You made me cry yesterday when you called The Mo Show. Hugs and Smooches. :)

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (7/25/2007 2:06 PM) : 

THANK YOU FOR SHARING WITH US!
I LOVE THE LAST ONE THE BEST

 

Blogger Mimi Lenox said ... (7/25/2007 2:21 PM) : 

I cried looking at these pictures. Thank you so much for sharing this moment with us. We are so proud of him. My Lord, they all look like babies.....makes me sad.

And proud.

 

Blogger Special K ~Toni said ... (7/26/2007 7:36 AM) : 

I always get teary eyed when the hubs re-enlists- It is really profound.

Fabulous WW!

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (7/26/2007 8:02 PM) : 

What a proud moment!

 

Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) said ... (7/27/2007 10:14 PM) : 

deep breath, yes, they look like babies don't they? but in a few weeks they will be strong men. i am very proud of your marine honey, very proud. and he is lucky. does he know how many people are proud of him?

smiles, bee

 

Blogger Maggie Moo said ... (7/29/2007 7:50 PM) : 

Dixie, I'm very late in writing and I am sorry for that-I wanted to let you know how very proud I am of Matt and of YOU. You've raised a wonderful son and in today's day and age, that is not easy...

Your smile will return soon...be well...

 

post a comment