Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Wednesday, July 18, 2007

WORDLESS WEDNESDAY
Edition # - Unknown



The flower garden at my back door

One of my favorite potted plants. Blooms out during the day and closes up at night.

Two future Marines - enjoying there last few days of freedom and being boys -
ship date July 23, 2007


My backyard under construction










Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 9:56 PM


Comments on ""

 

Blogger Aldon Hynes said ... (7/17/2007 10:42 PM) : 

What a wonderful set of pictures to send off Matt with. My prayers will be with Matt as he heads out to serve our country, and for you and Samantha as see him go.

God Bless.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7/17/2007 10:48 PM) : 

Prayers are flowing his way! Great photos.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7/17/2007 10:48 PM) : 

what a beautiful yard and home you have--great shots.

 

Blogger Desert Songbird said ... (7/17/2007 11:15 PM) : 

Beautiful home, beautiful photos.

Be sure you send these with your son so that he can put them in his footlocker.

 

Blogger Half a Dozen said ... (7/17/2007 11:23 PM) : 

Beautiful yard! Thank you for the service that your boys will be providing our country. My father was a Marine for 20 years. Thank you again for your sacrifice.

 

Blogger Cinnamon Girl said ... (7/18/2007 12:28 AM) : 

What a gorgeous yard! Thanks for sharing those pictures =)

 

Blogger The Minute Man: Colin Chang said ... (7/18/2007 5:25 AM) : 

Great looking home you have there. If only mine was half as big... Happy WW.

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (7/18/2007 6:06 AM) : 

Beautiful...

I was kinda hoping to see a rock somewhere in there too ;)

 

Blogger Addie said ... (7/18/2007 7:41 AM) : 

You have a beautiful home with such lovely surroundings. Thanks for sharing it. Good luck to the mariners!!!

Why not come over and see a RARE OCCURANCE in my neck of the woods. Bring some friends along too!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7/18/2007 7:49 AM) : 

Awesome photos, hope you don't mind I took a swim and picked a few flowers.

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (7/18/2007 8:10 AM) : 

Aldron, thank you for the prayers. Thanks for stopping by.

Steven, thank you so much. One can never have to many prayers being said.

Tegdir, thank you.

Desert, I can send those to boot camp? Better believe I will.

Fantastic Five, please give a huge thank you to your dad for his service. Thank you and your family for your sacrifice. Thank you for stopping by.

Starrlight, thank you.

Anyhow, it's not as big as it looks. Thanks for stopping by.

Ann, Thank you ... a rock?

Addie, thanks for stopping by. I'll be by your place shortly.

daridonovan, thanks.. no I don't mind one single bit that you swam and picked some flowers.

 

Blogger the Book of Keira said ... (7/18/2007 8:17 AM) : 

You have a gorgeous home! Throw a bbq and invite a sista!

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (7/18/2007 8:29 AM) : 

Kyra, having a bbq this weekend for Matt's going away party. Y'all come on over. There will be plenty for everyone.

 

Blogger Maggie Moo said ... (7/18/2007 9:10 AM) : 

1. You have an incredible flower bed. I'm jealous

2. I wanna come too. LOL...

(Thinking of you)

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (7/18/2007 9:32 AM) : 

**Looks longingly at the pool** The puppy wants to go swimming now!

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (7/18/2007 9:39 AM) : 

Mags, the more the merrier..

Meri, the puppy can swim as long as you have been swimming in the creek and gotten all nasty... that's something that your sister does.

 

Blogger Barb said ... (7/18/2007 10:31 AM) : 

What a beautiful and inviting place you have. The place for families to make memories.

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (7/18/2007 10:48 AM) : 

Gorgeous home....waiting to see it for real...

 

Blogger Schmoop said ... (7/18/2007 11:09 AM) : 

Put a beer in my hand and sit me in your backyard. Nice Dixie!!

 

Blogger Special K ~Toni said ... (7/18/2007 11:20 AM) : 

I am so envious over your beautiful flowers and large backyard! Happy WW!

 

Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) said ... (7/18/2007 11:21 AM) : 

have loads of fun at the party dixie honey. and give him a big ole' hug from me and sarge!

smiles, bee

 

Blogger Sandee said ... (7/18/2007 11:36 AM) : 

What beautiful flowers. Big hugs to you and Matt. He's going to do fine. Have a great time. :)

 

Blogger dawnae said ... (7/18/2007 12:07 PM) : 

Wow, I love your yard, so beautiful, and your flowers are gorgeous. How fun to have that to look at everyday! Good luck to your boys!

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (7/18/2007 12:12 PM) : 

Skittles, yes we have made many memories there. I grew up in that house until I was 10.

Bond, soon, very soon.

Matt, Beer??? Not WIR??? either way have a seat and stay a while.

Toni, ain't nothing like living in the country.

Mrs. Bee, Consider the hug given.

Sandee, yes he'll be fine not so sure about me.. ;-)

dawnae, those are my favorite flowers that we put out this year.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7/18/2007 1:33 PM) : 

I'm comin' to your house to play!

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (7/18/2007 1:51 PM) : 

Busy, come on fellow hoochie.. I'll be there waiting on ya.

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (7/18/2007 2:22 PM) : 

I'm coming with her!!!

 

Blogger Linda said ... (7/18/2007 4:49 PM) : 

Great pictures, I love your flowers.

How are you holding up? Is your stomach all in knots? Hang in there, Matt will do you proud and then some - even more so than he does now.

 

Blogger Gail said ... (7/19/2007 1:03 AM) : 

Can we transplant your garden here? Could use some cheery flowers

 

Blogger Julie said ... (7/19/2007 10:57 AM) : 

Oh lovely, Dixie..just lovely.

 

Blogger Amazing Gracie said ... (7/20/2007 10:21 PM) : 

It's Friday p.m. and I've been out with a stinkin' migraine so I missed out on a lot of WW. I know you'll have a great send off...there's so much love going off with those young men!!!
~~~Blessings~~~

 

post a comment