Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Matt and Samantha - have been best friends since 4th grade. She told me yesterday that she would marry Matt in a heart beat. I told her that I'd have her for a DIL. She loves him so very much. She will be here waiting for him. I've always called her my red headed step child. ;-) I believe they are more than best friends. She's going with us this weekend when he leaves. She's almost as in a mess as I am.


I'm just a right mess this week and I don't see next week getting any better. At the drop of a hat I'm crying. Can someone please pass me the snot rag?

I know that I'm not the first mother nor will I be the last to send her son off to Marine boot camp. But this is MY son. The child that I labored for 23 1/2 hrs with. The child that weight 9 lbs. 11 oz. when he was born. The child that grew up right before my very eyes and oh so ever fast.

So y'all please bear with me this week and next. I may or may not post. I really thought that I would be stronger than this and could handle it. Guess what, I can't.
SMOOCHES
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 8:42 PM


Comments on ""

 

Blogger Merritt Fields said ... (7/17/2007 7:45 AM) : 

We'll be thinking about you Dixie, and Matt as well.

 

Blogger Schmoop said ... (7/17/2007 8:09 AM) : 

Hang in there Dixie. Post, dont post, get drunk, or just cry. You have a reason to do all of those things. Good Luck to Matt, Samantha, and you and your family. Cheers!!

 

Blogger the Book of Keira said ... (7/17/2007 8:48 AM) : 

You have every right to be wepy this week... hang in there.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7/17/2007 8:48 AM) : 

Dixie, My heart is with you, hon...

Glad you're checking out that link on my "So Brave" post. You can add your son to the list to be adopted.

Feel free to drop me an email any time -- even if you just need a hug (e-hug or otherwise). I'm not far and can be there in the blink of an eye.

 

Blogger Julie said ... (7/17/2007 9:01 AM) : 

Aww sweetie....my heart goes out to you. Stay close with the people who love you...we'll help with all we can!

*hugs*

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (7/17/2007 9:12 AM) : 

Dixie...I can relate to the last two sentences...about thinking we are stronger, and then realizing we might not be...

I am here if you need to talk darlin'

just reach out...

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (7/17/2007 9:25 AM) : 

Aisby, thank you so much.

Matt, I may do all the above except get drunk... ;-)

Kyra, thank you my sweet friend.

Lois, Do they adopt them even in boot camp? I may even need to be adopted... I'm a total wreck.

Thank you for the support. I just may be calling on you.

Julie, I know y'all will be there.

Bond, I know you are there too. I am not as stong as I want to or need to be. Guess I'm just a wuss.

 

Blogger Angell said ... (7/17/2007 10:07 AM) : 

Dix, hugs to you and Matt. He's in our thoughts and prayers as he begins this journey.

And you know we're always here for you honey.

SMOOCHERS.

 

Blogger Sarge Charlie said ... (7/17/2007 11:06 AM) : 

Here comes the old sarge with a burst of pride and hugs for a mom who has no idea what they will be doing to her son. I can relate, Matt will be fine he will leave his childhood and become a man you will take pride in for the rest of your life.

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (7/17/2007 11:10 AM) : 

C'mere and let me give you a big ole hug...

You have to do something very difficult, and I'm proud of you.

There may be many miles between us... but I'm always close.

Love you sis.

 

Blogger Sandee said ... (7/17/2007 11:29 AM) : 

We are right here with you girlfriend. All the love, hugs and snot rags I can muster are headed your way. Cry if you want and the heck with what anyone else may think. That's your baby boy and you have every right to cry if you want. I love ya girlfriend. :)

 

Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) said ... (7/17/2007 3:15 PM) : 

when he comes home next time you will see a man and not a boy and that is heart breaking for a mom. hugs my friend. lots of hugs...

smiles, bee

 

Blogger Desert Songbird said ... (7/17/2007 3:24 PM) : 

My son is just a baby (he's 8) so I can't imagine what you're feeling. My 29-year-old nephew called me Sunday to say goodbye before shipping out to Iraq, and I wept the entire time.

He will be a man when he comes home on leave from boot, and you will be sad and proud at the same time. Take this week to be kind to yourself and remind yourself that he is who is his because you helped get him there!

 

Blogger Amazing Gracie said ... (7/17/2007 3:46 PM) : 

Oh Dixie girl... My heart is with you 100% All of the comments you've received have been so wonderful and I can't add anything except that I am so proud of Matt and what he's choosing to do with his life. It's hard but here's what my son did with his life: at fifteen, he became a drug addict and wound up becoming a drop-out. We did everything we could but he chose his path. He finally got straightened out in his early thirties but he has a lot of issues and still can't hold a job. I love him dearly but I would rather that he would've lived his life like Matt.
You've raised a great young man!
~~~Blessings~~~

 

Blogger Gail said ... (7/17/2007 7:18 PM) : 

Love you dearest Dix. I can't even imagine how you are feeling. But know this, you have a full {cyber}family behind you...ready to pass the snot rag down the line...

I'm always here for you.

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (7/17/2007 8:00 PM) : 

I'll add my hugs to everyone else's. You can come cry on my cyber shoulder anytime.

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (7/17/2007 10:16 PM) : 

Angell, thank you sweetie.

Sarge, yes he will become a very honorable young man.

Ann, I love you too. You are truly the sister I never had.

Sandee, thank you so much. Instead of it's my party and I'll cry if I want to I shall sing it's my son and I'll cry if I want to... now please pass me another snot rag.

Mrs. Bee, I think that's one of my major problems ... he's still just a baby.

Desert, I had no idea about your nephew. Will say a prayer for him and the entire family for strength during this time.

Gracie, yes I know that I am very blessed to have a wonderful son. Will say prayers for your son and the entire family.

Gail, I love you too and yes we have come into each others lives for reasons that are beginning to show face.

Trav, I love you my Mysterious Hottie.

I want to say THANK YOU to everyone here. You don't know it but y'all are definitely help me get through this time. I just hope that every mother who sends their child off to boot camp, war, etc have such a strong support group like I have. SMOOCHES to all!

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (7/18/2007 9:31 AM) : 

You'll be alright. Cry if you need to and remember that we are here for you. Hugs.

 

Blogger Tug said ... (7/18/2007 9:34 AM) : 

Many many ((hugs)) for you...hang in there.

 

Blogger Special K ~Toni said ... (7/18/2007 11:23 AM) : 

I wish I had some magical words for you- but I don't. Just know that I am here for you!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7/18/2007 1:36 PM) : 

You know you still have us. Like I said yesterday, I cannot imagine how you feel. *HUGS*

 

Blogger Coco said ... (7/20/2007 9:32 AM) : 

hugs, honey.

 

Blogger Shelby said ... (7/20/2007 4:39 PM) : 

Hi.. Travis sent me your way.. he had a beautiful post on you and your son. Good luck and here's hugs!!!!

 

Blogger Joey said ... (7/21/2007 11:28 PM) : 

((((((Dixie))))))))

You just let Matt know that my dad will be watching out for him :)

Cry all ya need to, and like everyone's already said.. we are here for ya!

huggggggs 'n smoooooochies

luv ya

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7/22/2007 12:17 PM) : 

Shoot Dixie! My first visit to your blog (via Linda) and I am sitting here sobbing like a fool. You wrote this so well. I could relate as a mother. My sons are little yet (2, 6 and 8) but my daughters are nearing the coop-flying age.

God bless your dear son! I am very proud of him too!

 

post a comment