Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Sunday, January 14, 2007

FOR ANN


Today, I want to share this poem for my dear friend Ann whose Mom passed away today from cancer. May God wrap his arms around her and her family during this time and comfort them.


SAFELY HOME
AUTHOR UNKNOWN


I am home in heaven, dear ones,
All's so happy, all's so bright.
There's perfect joy and beauty
In this everlasting light.


All the pain and grief are over,
Every restless tossing passed.
I am now at peace, forever,
Safetly home in heaven at last.


Did you wonder how I calmly
Trod the Valley of the Shade?
Oh, but Jesus' love illumined
Every dark and fearful glade.


There is still work waiting for you,
So you must not idle stand
Do your work while life remains,
You shall rest in Jesus' land.


When that work is completed,
He will gently call you home,
Oh, the rapture of the meeting,
Oh, the joy to see you come





Tears In Heaven
By Eric Clapton
BestAudioCodes.com
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 4:22 PM


Comments on ""

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1/14/2007 5:35 PM) : 

Beautiful Poem!! Wraps arms around you and Anndi both.
Love, Robin

 

Blogger Coco said ... (1/14/2007 5:43 PM) : 

Thank you Dixie. I think this is a wonderful tribute, and certainly reflects our thoughts and prayers for Anndi and for her mom as she takes her final journey.
love, Coco

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (1/14/2007 5:53 PM) : 

nicely done Dix

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (1/14/2007 6:11 PM) : 

Wonderful Sugarbaby. Big hug. She knows.

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (1/14/2007 8:26 PM) : 

Thanks Sis.

Love you so so so much!

 

Blogger Christopher Lee said ... (1/14/2007 10:31 PM) : 

I'll be happy to sign you up to the Wednesday Hero Blogroll. Just head over to the post you commented on and let me know your email address and I'll see if I can't get one sent of to you. And give your son my best.

 

Blogger Julie said ... (1/14/2007 10:52 PM) : 

Thanks Dixie. Beautiful poem.

 

Blogger Angell said ... (1/15/2007 7:13 AM) : 

Wonderfully done Dix.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1/15/2007 7:58 AM) : 

Beyond the door there’s peace I’m sure

And I know there’ll be no more tears in heaven...

 

Blogger Maryfly said ... (1/15/2007 9:59 AM) : 

wonderful hon, hugs

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (1/15/2007 11:24 AM) : 

Perfect song choice.

 

Blogger Peg said ... (1/16/2007 1:43 PM) : 

That is beautiful, Dixie...My heart aches for your friend...and all who love her mother.

~Best,
Peg

 

post a comment