Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Friday, January 12, 2007

FRIENDS
"My friends are my estate."- Emily Dickinson
"Strangers are just friends waiting to happen." - Steve Klaka... yup, this is exactly what happened January 2006... we were united by a soul man and boy oh boy at the friendships that we have made.

Merriam-Webster's Online Dictionary defines friends as: friends - one attached to another by affection or esteem.

Well that is fine and dandy, but I have a different defination of FRIENDS.
Friends - are special people. Our friends can be as diverse and infinite as the adjectives we choose, Close friend, Best friend, Childhood friend, Intimate friend, Trusted friend, Beloved friend. Our friends, in a very real sense, reflect the choices we make in life.

I know that I have made bad choices in friends over the years and then I have made good choices. The bad choices I, in a way, can't regret because if I had not made those choices then I would have never know what a true and trusted friend is.

In our short lived life, we very seldom have "true" friends. The ones that we do have we should cherish with every waking moment. I found two poems that I would like to share with you today.

Friend
by: Jodi Kenyon
A friend is someone true and for real,
A friend is someone who means a great deal.
A friend won't hurt you,
A friend won't lie,
A friend will never permanantly say good-bye.
A friend is there through the good times and bad,
A friend is there to cheer you up when your sad.
A friend is always there with a shoulder to cry on,
A friend is always there that you can rely on.
So, friend if you ever need someone honest and true,
Just remember ill always be here for you .
Friends
by: Lindsey Shirocky
Friends are there until the end,
They're always themselves, no pretend.
They're not afraid to be seen with you,
They will never betray you.
Friends never tell secrets they promise to keep,
they make you feel good about yourself in times of weep.
They come and cheer for you at your games,
In a friend there is no shame.
Friends are there to listen when you're depressed,
They are the people you should know best.
Friends are like presents you open again and again,
Always are with you through thick and thin.
It's not the QUANTITY of friends that you have. If you have just one friend, and that friend is a "true" friend then that is all that you need.
"Remember that every good friend was once a stranger" - André
Have a good weekend!
SMOOCHES!
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 12:01 AM


Comments on ""

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (1/12/2007 3:05 AM) : 

Sugarbaby--I've said it before and I'll say it again--friends are the family you pick--you are as much my sister as any of the biologicals--I am tearing up writng this---I feel so honored to know you. I love you. SMOOCH HUgs--and hell--a little grope and rub;p

 

Blogger Julie said ... (1/12/2007 7:15 AM) : 

Great blog post Dixie.

My daddy would always say if you're number of true friends were more then 1 or 2 that you were very lucky.

 

Blogger Maryfly said ... (1/12/2007 8:01 AM) : 

wonderful post my friend.

 

Blogger Piacere said ... (1/12/2007 9:24 AM) : 

Dixie: To bastardize a line from "Takin' It To The Streets": You don't know me but I'm your sista... Ah heck, I'm pretty sure we knew each other in another life!! Can't wait to meet you in B'ham, my friend!!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1/12/2007 9:25 AM) : 

...I'll be there for you
'cause you're there for me tooooooooo!

Love ya!

 

Blogger Dean aka Sgt Dub said ... (1/12/2007 11:33 AM) : 

great post Dixie, we should go through life seeking true friendships and enjoying what they bring into our lives.

 

Blogger Tug said ... (1/12/2007 12:04 PM) : 

Very nice! Happy weekend!!

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (1/12/2007 12:40 PM) : 

OK..so i am your one true friend... you don't need the rest...
bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha

just kidding Pookie...
Beautiful post

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1/12/2007 2:02 PM) : 

all this mushy stuff....

 

Blogger Rainbow said ... (1/12/2007 3:45 PM) : 

Loved this one, Dix, my FRIEND! Will pray for your son!

Love,
Sueann

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (1/12/2007 7:55 PM) : 

So true, so true! Friends are definitely something special. They are meant to be kept and treasured, never to be let go. Hugs!

 

Blogger Amanda said ... (1/12/2007 9:48 PM) : 

Love these, & love u!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1/12/2007 10:15 PM) : 

:wipes away a tear:

 

Blogger TopChamp said ... (1/13/2007 9:19 AM) : 

Hello Dixie,

I've been thinking about friendship a lot lately as I've not been as good a friend as I should be recently to one person... Difficult to when I can't understand or condone her actions but we've known each other for a long time and I know I have to try.

Not always easy.

 

Blogger Peg said ... (1/13/2007 11:10 AM) : 

Great Post, Dixie!

I'd rather one or two really true friends than one hundred 'sort-of' friends.

 

Blogger Gail said ... (1/13/2007 2:16 PM) : 

So glad to be counted as one of your friends...(I am, right?)

 

Blogger Twyla said ... (1/13/2007 3:06 PM) : 

Great post. I don't know what I'd do without my friends. Here's another friendship quote that I love...
"A Friend is someone who knows all about you and loves you anyway!!!"

 

Blogger Raggedy said ... (1/13/2007 5:54 PM) : 

Great post. The friend peom was really good.
Have a wonderful day!
*^_^
(=':'=) hugs
(")_ (")Š from
the Cool Raggedy one

 

post a comment