Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Friday, January 05, 2007

What do your dreams mean? Why do we have Déjà vu?


Have you ever had a dream and wonder what was the meaning? Don’t you get that eerie feeling when you have Déjà vu?

I dreamed all night last night. It’s rare that I remember my dreams but when I do, I never forget them, especially the one I had last night I will never forget, it was about Daddy.

Tony, Matt, Kaitlin, Mother, Daddy and I had driven to my brother’s house in Texas, which is an 18 hour drive… I know because we made that trip in 2005 for Spring Break. In my dream, we were on the island and Daddy went missing. We looked everywhere for him, I drove up and down that island for most of the night. Finally, Chris told us all to go back home and he would continue his search for Daddy. With hesitation we left thinking that Daddy was somewhere still on South Padre Island, Texas. That was the longest drive home… we finally made it back home and when we pulled into my drive, there was Daddy sitting in the swing in the yard with this black lab next to him. We all jumped out of the car and ran over to him and I knelt down in front of him and said “Daddy, how in the world did you get home?” His response to me was “On the bus.” Then I woke up…….. So what does this mean????

Have you ever had the feeling that you have been there and done that? Déjà vu is defined as “the remembering of scenes and events when experienced for the first time, or a feeling that one has seen or heard something before.” It is a French term and literally means "already seen.”

When you have Déjà vu, does that mean that you are in a place where you are suppose to be at that time in your life? Could Déjà vu happen because this has happened to you in a past life? I can’t answer this, but what a weird feeling. This happened to me yesterday.

I was driving down the road, on a road that I do not travel very often, a road that I may drive on once or twice a year, if that much. All of a sudden I see this red Ford truck with a dog in the back, on my side of the road. I swerve to miss the truck as he is on my side of the road and there is a tree limb there that I have to swerve back to miss. I swear this had happened before… but it hadn’t. It was like I had already been there and done that.

A thought for the weekend…

Malachi 3:3 says: "He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver."
This verse puzzled some women in a Bible study and they wondered what this statement meant about the character and nature of God. One of the women offered to find out the process of refining silver and get back to the group at their next Bible Study.
That week, the woman called a silversmith and made an appointment To watch him at work. She didn't mention anything about the reason for her interest beyond her curiosity about the process of refining silver.

As she watched the silversmith, he held a piece of silver over the fire and let it heat up. He explained that in refining silver, one needed to hold the silver in the middle of the fire where the flames were hottest as to burn away all the impurities.
The woman thought about God holding us in such a hot spot; then she thought again about the verse that says: "He sits as a refiner and purifier of silver." She asked the silversmith if it was true that he had to sit there in front of the fire the whole time the silver was being refined.

The man answered that yes, he not only had to sit there holding the silver, but he had to keep his eyes on the silver the entire time it was in the fire. If the silver was left a moment too long in the flames, It would be destroyed. The woman was silent for a moment.

Then she asked the silversmith, “How do you know when the silver is fully refined?" He smiled at her and answered, "Oh, that's easy -- when I see my image in it" If today you are feeling the heat of the fire, remember that God has his eye on you and will keep watching you until He sees His image in you.

This very moment, someone needs to know that God is watching over them. And, whatever they're going through, they’ll be a better person in the end.
"Life is a coin. You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once."

Have a great weekend all!

SMOOCHES!
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 9:30 AM


Comments on ""

 

Blogger Lisa @ The Plain-Spoken Pen said ... (1/05/2007 12:21 PM) : 

"This very moment, someone needs to know that God is watching over them."

Me. I needed to know that. Thank you so much for posting it - it's spoken to me more than you can know.

As for dreams, I don't know - I seldom remember mine, either.

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (1/05/2007 1:02 PM) : 

OK--I'll take a stab at it----

Maybe it reflects the long ordeal you and your Daddy and your family went through and then he was gone. And maybe with grieving and the passage of a little time it feels like he's home again in your heart and your memories and your children.


I have deja vu all of the time. Wait--I just said that--ooooooo

Bless you Sugarbaby--always looking out for us wayward souls

Love you

SMOOCH

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (1/05/2007 1:13 PM) : 

Brilliant Dixie... what a wonderful post. I will not try and interpete your dream... I believe only we can do that ourselves.

 

Blogger Maryfly said ... (1/05/2007 1:19 PM) : 

well hon, my interpretation is that he never really left, he's still with you. very moving, smooches

 

Blogger Amanda said ... (1/05/2007 5:31 PM) : 

I've heard the explanation of that verse before..isn't it truely awesome!

 

Blogger Twyla said ... (1/05/2007 6:34 PM) : 

I dream every night and remember everyone in great detail the next morning. It's like there's a movie playing in my head while I sleep. I have a lot of re-occuring dreams too. I'm not sure what that means.
I also have deja vu at least one a month...and I swear I can sense it before the deja vu even happens...if that even makes sense.
I do believe in past lives, but I'm not sure that's what deja vu is...I believe it's something that happened in this life. It's all so confusing. :-)

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (1/05/2007 7:59 PM) : 

My personal thoughts on deja vu tell me that it's my mind returning from the collective subconscious of a group mind living in a place where space and time mean nothing.

In other words, that feeling that I've been there and done that before is simply an overlap with something I've really done or something I will do.

That's my 2 cents, adjusted for inflation.

 

Blogger Dean aka Sgt Dub said ... (1/06/2007 10:39 AM) : 

deja vu, this will be the 2nd dream I've interpreted today. For you, and remember, I know nothing about dream interpretation, just what I think of when you gave it to me, I say that no matter where you find yourself, your family will always be at home for you. As for the bible study, keep sharing those with us, a great lesson, and Lord knows I need more of them.

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (1/06/2007 2:49 PM) : 

Malachi 3:3 is a wonderful verse! It's very comforting. Thanks for sharing, and hugs to you!

 

Blogger Coco said ... (1/06/2007 7:37 PM) : 

I dream things that often come true later. What should we call that? I love the poetry of that verse, but never knew what it meant before. Thanks. Maybe that's what last year was about.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1/08/2007 7:34 AM) : 

jumps back into the fire....with me he started with a muddy rock...this may take awhile. :)

 

post a comment