Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Wednesday, January 03, 2007



I'M BACCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!


I'm back to blogging at the request of so many. Ok, alright already...my butt is UP out of the bed and back to work, grrrrrrrrrr... Do y'all realize how hard it was for me to get up at 5:00 am after being off for almost 2 weeks??? I have got sooooo much to catch up on that it's not even funny. This is going to be a really hectic month for me. We have an audit coming up at the end of the month and I've got paperwork running out of my nose....

So what did I get for Christmas... I got a beautiful diamond circle necklace, pajamas, an air popcorn popper, good smelly bath stuff, a shower massager and perfume from Victoria's Secret. Nothing much... ::wink

As you can see, I've put up a bar counting down how much time Matt has left at home. Please keep us in your prayers. Just thinking about it, I get this HUGE lump in my throat. I know this is what he is wanting to do and y'all know that I'm supporitng him 110%... but I'm still his mother and it's my first born leaving home and... well y'all get it.

Remember to keep praying for our troops overseas that they safely come home soon.

And for my Worldless Wednesday:






SMOOCHES!
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 8:49 AM


Comments on ""

 

Blogger Coco said ... (1/03/2007 10:03 AM) : 

I loooove Maxine. Wanna be just like her when I decide to grow up. Dix, my heart goes out to you. I've seen so many of my students off to Afghanistan and other hotspots, and it's always a wrench to my heart. And these are just former students! You have a lot to be proud of, girl. Remember that when things get really shaky. Big hug.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1/03/2007 10:07 AM) : 

Someone had a good Christmas! You know what I got for Christmas? GRIEF! FROM BOND! No just kidding! LOL!

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (1/03/2007 10:09 AM) : 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I didn't KNOW Victoria's Secret MADE shower massagers. Makes sense though.

BUWHAHAHAHAHAHA

SMOOCH!

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (1/03/2007 11:12 AM) : 

Well somebody was extra special nice to "Santa" this year...

I'm surprised you didn't spend more time in the shower!

You know my nephew and his Momma are always in my thoughts.

I can only imagine.

Love ya sis... ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!

We gotta start planning the tunes, or Bond will wanna play DJ for the whole ride! LOL

 

Blogger I blinded you with Science! said ... (1/03/2007 12:17 PM) : 

Glad to see you are back! The blogosphere was not the same without you!

Love Maxine by the way!
Hugs!

 

Blogger Maryfly said ... (1/03/2007 1:25 PM) : 

WOOOOOOOOOO!!

gotta go hit VS for this infamous shower massager.....

love you!! HSG!

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (1/03/2007 3:53 PM) : 

hummm is that a silver bullet shower massager?

 

Blogger Sadie said ... (1/03/2007 4:06 PM) : 

Love Love that Maxine!!!

That's me for sure.

 

Blogger Sarge Charlie said ... (1/03/2007 5:53 PM) : 

thanks for stopping by, i will be back to look around.

 

Blogger Sarge Charlie said ... (1/03/2007 5:54 PM) : 

thanks for stopping by, i will be back to look around.

 

Blogger Sarge Charlie said ... (1/03/2007 5:54 PM) : 

thanks for stopping by, i will be back to look around.

 

Blogger Julie said ... (1/03/2007 6:29 PM) : 

***gasps at Vinny's comment***

WB sweetie!

 

Blogger Amanda said ... (1/03/2007 6:52 PM) : 

Maxine has got to be the smartest woman alive! And honey, you're always in my prayers!

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (1/03/2007 7:59 PM) : 

Ahhh - welcome back darlin!

Semper Fi Matt!

 

Blogger Tug said ... (1/03/2007 9:53 PM) : 

My many prayers to you, your family...and to Matt. And many hugs...

I'm going through the "catch-up/work my butt off phase" at work too - I feel your pain!!

 

Blogger JHS said ... (1/03/2007 11:54 PM) : 

That is precisely how I felt today when I woke up and realized that my vacation had ended & I had to drag my dead backside into my office for the first time since December 14.

 

Blogger Dean aka Sgt Dub said ... (1/04/2007 10:36 AM) : 

days off, what a brilliant idea, think i'll talk to the Army about those. Great post Dixie

 

Blogger Angell said ... (1/04/2007 12:23 PM) : 

I got - ahem - a massager too, but I guess it doesn't HAVE to be exclusive to the shower....

*laughs at Vinny cuz he knows us SP women SO WELL....*

 

post a comment