Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Friday, December 22, 2006

When my older brother passed away in 1999, a very dear friend of mine gave this poem to me and my mother. Once again, I must read this poem. I know that my dad is spending his first Christmas in heaven with my brother.

My First Christmas

In Heaven I see the countless Christmas trees
around the world below.
With tiny lights, like Heaven's stars,
reflecting on the snow.


The sight is so spectacular,
please wipe away the tear.
For I am spending Christmas
with Jesus Christ this year.

I hear the many Christmas songs
that people hold so dear.
But the sounds of music can't compare
with the Christmas choir up here.

I have no words to tell you,
the joy their voices bring.
For it is beyond description,
to hear the angels sing.

I know how much you miss me,
I see the pain inside your heart.
But I am not so far away,
We really aren't apart.

So be happy for me, dear ones,
You know I hold you dear.
And be glad I'm spending Christmas
with Jesus Christ this year.

I sent you each a special gift,
from my heavenly home above.
I sent you each a memory
of my undying love.

After all, love is a gift more precious
than pure gold.
It was always most important
in the stories Jesus told.

Please love and keep each other,
as my Father said to do.
For I can't count the blessing
or love he has for each of you.

So have a Merry Christmas
and wipe away that tear.
Remember, I am spending Christmas
with Jesus Christ this year.

*This poem was written by a 13 year old boy who died of a brain tumor thathe had battled for four years. He died on December 14, 1997. He gave this to his mom before he died. His name was Ben.
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 12:01 AM


Comments on ""

 

Blogger Piacere said ... (12/22/2006 5:15 AM) : 

Dixie, that's just too beatiful for words...thanks for sharing it with us. I'm going to pass it on to a dear friend who lost his daughter in an automobile accident just 2 months ago today - I hope it will bring him a sense of a peace, even in such a difficult time. And I feel certain your brother and your dad are looking down on you with love right now.

Hugs,
Pia

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (12/22/2006 8:23 AM) : 

***BIG HUG***

Thank you Sugarbaby---I am going to pass that along to my mom too---it's just lovely.

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (12/22/2006 10:18 AM) : 

RUNS THROUGH THROWING SNOWFLAKES AND TINSEL...MERRY CHRISTMAS!

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (12/22/2006 11:07 AM) : 

Oh wow! That's beautiful! Thanks! **catches sight of Bond skipping through with tinsel and snowflakes, so she belts him with a well placed snowball** Like Maxine from Maxine's Christmas Carol said, yuh gotta pack 'em hard and aim for the head! LOL It snowed last night, so I got some to spare!

 

Blogger Angell said ... (12/22/2006 8:18 PM) : 

Oh Dix. I'm crying now honey.

That's a beautiful poem. I wish I had it last Christmas so I could have given it to my family when we lost my aunt.

Your dad is watching over you - making sure that you have a wonderful life. Your very own guardian angel at Christmas time - who could ask for anything more?

 

Blogger Tug said ... (12/22/2006 9:53 PM) : 

Beautiful...you've got an extra angel this year watching over you. I still bring out the poem written for my brother when he was killed from time to time...

Merry Christmas Dix - to you and your family.

 

post a comment