Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Thursday, January 04, 2007



Edition #6


Retirees really shouldn't worry about these but if you are a SITCOM, STRESS PUPPY, or an ADMINISPHERE in GENERICA who works in a CUBE FARM for a 404 where CROP DUSTING is an act of defiance, then youjust might familiarize yourself with these 2007 vocabulary editions! I do hope though, that all of you are or will become WOOFS.

NEW WORDS FOR 2007: Essential vocabulary additions for the workplace (and elsewhere)!!!

1. BLAMESTORMING : Sitting around in a group, discussing why a deadline was missed or a project failed, and who was responsible.

2. SEAGULL MANAGER: A manager, who flies in, makes a lot of noise, craps on everything, and then leaves.

3. ASSMOSIS: The process by which some people seem to absorb success and advancement by kissing up to the boss rather than working hard.

4. SALMON DAY : The experience of spending an entire day swimming upstream only to get screwed and die in the end.

5. CUBE FARM : An office filled with cubicles.

6. PRAIRIE DOGGING : When someone yells or drops something loudly in a cube farm, and people's heads pop up over the walls to see what's going on.

7. MOUSE POTATO : The on-line, wired generation's answer to the couch potato.

8. SITCOMs: Single Income, Two Children, Oppressive Mortgage. What Yuppies get into when they have children and one of them stops working to stay home with the kids.

9. STRESS PUPPY : A person who seems to thrive on being stressed out and whiny.

10. SWIPEOUT: An ATM or credit card that has been rendered useless because magnetic strip is worn away from extensive use.

11. XEROX SUBSIDY : Euphemism for swiping free photocopies from one's workplace.

12. IRRITAINMENT: Entertainment and media spectacles that are Annoying but you find yourself unable to stop watching them.

13. PERCUSSIVE MAINTENANCE : The fine art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again. Often feel like doing this to my computer------

and a few more....

14. ADMINISPHERE : The rarefied organizational layers beginning just above the rank and file.
Decisions that fall from the adminisphere are often profoundly inappropriate or irrelevant to the
problems they were designed to solve.

15. 404 : Someone who's clueless. From the World Wide Web error Message "404 Not Found," meaning that the requested site could not be located.

16. GENERICA : Features of the American landscape that are exactly the same no matter where one is, such as fast food joints, strip malls, and subdivisions.

17. OHNO-SECOND : That minuscule fraction of time in which you realize that you've just made a BIG mistake. (Like after hitting send on an email by mistake).

18. WOOFS : Well-Off Older Folks.

19. CROP DUSTING : Surreptitiously passing gas while passing through a Cube Farm.

SMOOCHES!

Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 11:28 AM


Comments on ""

 

Blogger Celfyddydau said ... (1/04/2007 11:39 AM) : 

I love this list. Did you make up the words or have you come across them.

 

Blogger Lisa @ The Plain-Spoken Pen said ... (1/04/2007 11:39 AM) : 

That list is GREAT! I do indeed work in a cube farm, and I can relate to just about every word you posted. I aspire to be a WOOF someday, but I think I've got a loooooooong way to go.

Happy TT!

 

Blogger John Holland said ... (1/04/2007 11:53 AM) : 

Very cool list. Did you make them up or did you find them somewhere.

My 13 are up.

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (1/04/2007 12:18 PM) : 

LOLOLOL at "crop dusting"--

Great list Sugarbaby!!

 

Blogger Angell said ... (1/04/2007 12:21 PM) : 

Loving the list Dix!!!

:D

 

Blogger Maryfly said ... (1/04/2007 12:26 PM) : 

mouse potato.........not sure whether to laugh or cry

love you!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1/04/2007 12:38 PM) : 

You never fail to make me laugh that's for sure.

 

Blogger Chickadee said ... (1/04/2007 12:48 PM) : 

LMAO!!! I once worked in a cube farm and my hubby works in a cube farm. I have seen Prairie Dogging in action. And I laughed over the Crop Dusting.

My 13 is up.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1/04/2007 12:59 PM) : 

those are awesome..you made me laugh out loud as did chickadee..have you seen the movie rat race?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1/04/2007 3:45 PM) : 

thanks for posting on my adoption blog..like the name Katherine but it is the most common name of any friend I know..Katherine Elizabeth is so feminine but so popular..i like kaitlin thought. you made a good choice

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (1/04/2007 5:16 PM) : 

Heeheehee! I am soooo a mouse potatoe! And, maybe, a stress puppy! Also, I am well acquainted with the art of percussive maintenance! LOL

 

Blogger Amanda said ... (1/04/2007 6:23 PM) : 

lmao....too funny Dixi..imma borrow some of these! :) Hugs hun!

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (1/04/2007 8:54 PM) : 

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!

I'm taking this to work with me.

 

Blogger Raggedy said ... (1/04/2007 9:12 PM) : 

I love the list!
LOL
LOL
My TT is posted

 

Blogger Scribbit said ... (1/04/2007 11:14 PM) : 

I think this is fabulous. Salmon Day is a definite must in the vocabulary.

 

Blogger Coco said ... (1/05/2007 12:11 AM) : 

Lol - sometimes I'm so glad I'm a teacher ...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1/05/2007 7:13 AM) : 

LMOO...2 funny "BLAMESTORMING"

 

Blogger Dean aka Sgt Dub said ... (1/05/2007 9:22 AM) : 

Great list, I'm going to work on incorporating them into my 2007.

 

Blogger Julie said ... (1/05/2007 7:49 PM) : 

Oh Dixie! These are so good. Thanks a million!!

The OHNO SECOND reminded me of when I erroneously emailed a filthy joke to my son's science teacher! I stammered out an apology over the phone and my son received an abnormally HIGH grade that year!

 

post a comment