Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Tuesday, January 09, 2007

For Ann - my dear friend.....

Several months ago I posted this poem for a dear friend who lost their father to cancer, several weeks after I lost my dad. A very dear friend of mine gave this to me when I lost my older brother 7 years ago after a long battle with diabetes.

Today I am once again posting this for my dear friend Ann. A friend who I have never met face to face but a friend that I have felt like I have known my entire life. I swear I believe that she was one of my sisters in a past life.

Ann is an incredible woman with incredible strength and now I know who she gets that strength from. So for you my dear Anndi pants... I love you...
Footprints
One night a man had a dream.
He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Across the sky flashed scenes from his life.
For each scene he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand;
one belonged to him, and the other to the Lord.
When the last scene of his life flashed before him,
he looked back at the footprints in the sand.
He noticed that many times along the path of his life
there was only one set of footprints.
He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life.
This really bothered him and he questioned the Lord about it.
"Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you,
you'd walk with me all the way.
But I have noticed that at the worst times in my life,
there is only one set of footprints.
How could you leave me when I needed you the most?
"The Lord replied "
"My precious, precious child,
I love you and would never leave you.
During your times of suffering and
when you see only one set of footprints,
it was then that I carried you."
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 9:11 AM


Comments on ""

 

Blogger Maryfly said ... (1/09/2007 10:32 AM) : 

great post hon, love that poem. hugs

 

Blogger Julie said ... (1/09/2007 12:01 PM) : 

Very sweet. I like stopping by here.

Hugs...even though you didn't want OSU to win. *sad face*

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (1/09/2007 12:18 PM) : 

Great job Sugarbaby.

big hug

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1/09/2007 12:39 PM) : 

That never gets old..Thanks for reminding us and thanks for encouraging your friend

 

Blogger Lisa @ The Plain-Spoken Pen said ... (1/10/2007 1:32 AM) : 

I have that on a little tag on my keychain. I never get tired of reading it. Thanks for posting.

 

post a comment