Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Monday, January 08, 2007

I HATE MONDAYS!!!!

Have you ever wished that there was no such thing as Monday? Then of course, it would be Tuesday and I would have that day too.... LOL Have you ever wished that there was an extra day in the weekend just so you can sleep late? I do it all the time.

For those who know me, you know that I truly enjoy sleeping, that Saturday is my sleep day, that if ANYONE calls before noon it had better be a good reason... you know like somebody has died, been in a car accident or even Taylor Hicks concert tickets... if anything else well watch out I'm fit to be tied ... I really didn't have any house cleaning or laundry to do Saturday so I didn't get out of bed until 2:00 pm... I had been awake for some time but just laid in the bed and watched tv. I watched something that I really shouldn't have but I did any way. There was a 3 hour show on the Military channel called "Making Marines"... Needless to say, I cried for about 3 hours, knowing that what I was watching that in 6 months that my son would be doing the exact same thing. Y'all next time make sure that I don't watch anything like that. Somebody please take the remote away from me. I knew better...

I found this over the weekend and wanted to share with everyone. It sends a wonderful message.

A bunch of soldiers went to Church. After the Chaplain had read the prayer, the soldiers were ordered to open up their bibles.

Those who had a prayer book took them out, but this one boy had only a deck of cards, and so he spread them out. The Sergeant saw the cards and said, "Soldier put away those cards." After the service was over, the soldier was taken prisoner.

The Marshall said, "Sergeant, why have you brought the man here?" "For playing cards in church, Sir." "And what have you got to say for yourself, son?" "Much, Sir." Replied the soldier. The Marshall said, "I hope so, for if not I shall punish you more than any man was ever punished."


The soldier said, "Sir, I've been in the field for about six days, I had neither Bible nor prayer book, but I hope to satisfy you, Sir, with the purity of my intentions."

With that, the boy started his story:

You see Sir, when I look at the "ACE", it reminds me that there is but one God.

And the "DEUCE" reminds me that the Bible is divided into two parts; The Old and the New Testaments;

And when I see the "TREY", I think of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost;

And when I see the "FOUR", I think of the four Evangelists who preached the Gospel. There was Matthew, Mark, Luke and John;

And when I see the "FIVE", it reminds me of the five wise virgins who trimmed their lamps. There were ten of them, five were wise and were saved. Five were foolish and were shut out;

And when I see the "SIX", it reminds me that in six days, God made this great heaven and earth;

When I see the "SEVEN", it reminds me that on the seventh day, God rested from His great work;

And when I see the "EIGHT", I think of the eight righteous persons God saved when He destroyed this earth. There was Noah, his wife, their three sons and their wives;

And when I see the "NINE", I think of the lepers our Savior cleansed. And nine out of the ten didn't even thank Him.

When I see the "TEN", I think of the Ten Commandments God handed down to Moses on a table of stone;

When I see the "KING", it reminds me that there is but one King of Heaven, God Almighty;

And when I see the "QUEEN", I think of the Blessed Virgin Mary, who is Queen of Heaven;

And the "JACK" or "KNAVE" is the Devil;

When I count the number of spots on a deck of cards,I find 365, the number of days in a year;There's 52 cards, the number of weeks in a year;There's 4 suits, the number of weeks in a month;There's 12 picture cards, the number of months in a year;There's 13 tricks, the number of weeks in a quarter; So you see, Sir, my pack of cards serves me as a Bible, Almanac and Prayer Book.

This story derived from and song by Tex Ritter & T. Texas Tyler

Have a good day! Smooches!
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 8:04 AM


Comments on ""

 

Blogger Coco said ... (1/08/2007 8:57 AM) : 

Today's Monday - I was supposed to go back to work today. But today, there's a big snow storm, so school is cancelled. Today, I love Monday.

Somehow, when you talk of your son, I connect him with all the young men and women who have passed through my classroom, and who have chosen the path of military service. One of those students just finished his basic training before Christmas. At the end of this week, he is being sent to Afghanistan. I'm afraid for him, and yet so proud of him. My heart goes out to you, because your son has chosen a difficult, dangerous, yet so very worthy path. I will pray for him, as I pray for "my" kids. Remember that God holds them very close, Dixie.
Hugs, Coco

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (1/08/2007 9:53 AM) : 

Dixie: You better have your butt out of bed a whole lot earlier on March 10th dear...

 

Blogger Dean aka Sgt Dub said ... (1/08/2007 11:58 AM) : 

Dixie, great post, I've seen that somewhere else but can't remember where. In my house, we watch something sad or scary, we follow it up with something funny.

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (1/08/2007 1:08 PM) : 

You'd better get your sleeping done before BHAM BAYBEE--

And HUGS--about Matt---I'll keep giving them too

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1/08/2007 1:59 PM) : 

your daughter doesn't make a lot of nose on Saturday morning?

 

Blogger Maryfly said ... (1/08/2007 3:08 PM) : 

great story, very cool. as for sleeping, weren't you the one that said we don't need sleep in Bham??!! HSGR!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1/08/2007 5:50 PM) : 

Hey, that's a pretty good story!

 

Blogger Amanda said ... (1/08/2007 8:27 PM) : 

Dixie, no worries about needing to take the remote away. Remember, I'm taking the whole tv!

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (1/08/2007 10:17 PM) : 

OK Dix - I appreciate your apprehensions about Matt. You're his mom, and he's your baby boy.

But that show should have given you such confidence in his choice. I watch it whenever I come across it. It makes me feel so positive.

They make Marines. Watch the transformation of those recruits. Look at their faces as the start to get it. See the pride and how they've changed.

They take charge, Dix. I know you're thinking about the uncertainties in Matt's future as a combat Marine. But trust in what you see during that show. The DI's give recruits the basic skills they need. Matt will be so well equipped for any challenge he faces during his tour.

Sorry - I got on my soapbox. I just hope you can see the positive side of becoming a Marine.

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (1/09/2007 9:25 AM) : 

Coco... don't you just LOVE snow days!!! Thanks for the prayers.

Sgt. Dub... I actually don't remember what I watched after that show.

Turn, Mary & Bond ... I can go a few days without sleep. Especially when it comes to spending it with my hoochies and hottie.

Busy, My kids usually sleep as late as I do.. just like their mom.. LMOO

Thanks Dana

Oh Am... please don't take the whole tv... I want to watch CSI Miami... LMOO

Trav... It's okay that you got on your soapbox. I probably needed that. I am so very proud of my son, I'm beaming with pride. I guess I'm not wanting him to grow up.. although that's something that I can't do anything about. Yes, I saw the transformation of those recruits and knowing that they had matured into men and women that their parents are proud of. Knowing that Matt will also mature into a young man that I will be even more proud of. Matt is ready.. he will even tell you that today. He said to me after we had talked about what I had watched "Mom, if I can make it through the first 4 weeks, then it's going to be fun." It's just hard for me because he is my first born and my only son, but I am so VERY PROUD OF HIM.

 

post a comment